Hanako Dash - freeware fan game

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

mnbvcxz11

Re: Hanako Dash - freeware fan game

Post by mnbvcxz11 »

Shadowyeclipse wrote: Please don't quit, I really want to play this.
[2]
Hanako>Lilly>Rin=Emi=Shizune
i can't really write in english, i am not native english speaker, sorry :c
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

mnbvcxz11 wrote:
Shadowyeclipse wrote: Please don't quit, I really want to play this.
[2]
Cubing this
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
nawx

Post by nawx »

youka wrote:
nawx wrote:glad the idea ain't dead atleast . looking forward to the new project . wish i could help in someway, though i doubt i will actually be of any help at all.
I usually welcome any kind of help, but right now it's just plain hardcore coding. Things have also been going a little slow as of late with my workload, but I'll be on leave soon! :D Some good news is that this engine will probably end up being compatible with Windows, Linux, Android and even the PSP (for those who are wondering... no, you won't need CFW to play it). And just so you know too, Hanako Dash isn't dead, it just has a different name :) I still plan on remaking it with this engine once it's done.

The only thing I'm starting to feel as of late is that this whole thing's been taking alot longer than intended and people are quickly losing interest. :( Oh well, I'll keep going anyways and just post here again when I have something new to show. Thanks again to all who have shown interest and helped in the past.

- -youka
coding huh...hardcore coding...damn, offering help now would be useless i guess as i myself just started learning all this coding stuff,and thats just the basic. but i guess i can only help you with one thing though,constant support. i'll be rootin for ya.
youka

Post by youka »

Shadowyeclipse wrote:Please don't quit, I really want to play this.

What software do you use to model the levels/characters? Maya/Blender?
Don't worry, I'm not quitting. I'm actually busy redesigning the website at the moment (don't like phpBB after all). It's just taking forever because my weeks are really busy with my job, I get home too late to be able to do anything and the weekends are my only opportunity to chill. But I think I've chilled enough now :)

When it comes to modelling (or anything else to do with this game and the new engine), I use not very well known software. For modelling I use the model editor that came with Conitec's 3D Gamestudio A7 and a custom converter I wrote to make those models easier for me to read in through code. You could check it out, I think they released a "Free edition" of GameStudio after A8 came around, so you could just Google it. It's not a very hectic editor with a lot of features, but it does the job for the shapes I need, simple (and weird) texture mapping and bone and vertex animation.

At the end of the day, I suck at modelling (as you can see with this) and was actually looking for help with that and texturing the most. So to keep things simple, I stuck with what I'd been using for so many years.

- -youka
Hanako Dash - what REAL MEN do when they're bored: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5547 :D
- -youka
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

youka wrote:
Shadowyeclipse wrote:Please don't quit, I really want to play this.

What software do you use to model the levels/characters? Maya/Blender?
Don't worry, I'm not quitting. I'm actually busy redesigning the website at the moment (don't like phpBB after all). It's just taking forever because my weeks are really busy with my job, I get home too late to be able to do anything and the weekends are my only opportunity to chill. But I think I've chilled enough now :)

When it comes to modelling (or anything else to do with this game and the new engine), I use not very well known software. For modelling I use the model editor that came with Conitec's 3D Gamestudio A7 and a custom converter I wrote to make those models easier for me to read in through code. You could check it out, I think they released a "Free edition" of GameStudio after A8 came around, so you could just Google it. It's not a very hectic editor with a lot of features, but it does the job for the shapes I need, simple (and weird) texture mapping and bone and vertex animation.

At the end of the day, I suck at modelling (as you can see with this) and was actually looking for help with that and texturing the most. So to keep things simple, I stuck with what I'd been using for so many years.

- -youka
Ah, I'd offer to help with the modelling, but I'm still relatively novice, and I don't know if Maya, (The program I use,) can export to gamestudio.
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.
youka

Post by youka »

Shadowyeclipse wrote:Ah, I'd offer to help with the modelling, but I'm still relatively novice, and I don't know if Maya, (The program I use,) can export to gamestudio.
Maya's fine. In fact, just about anything's fine. My engine uses a custom model format I defined. I wrote a tool to export file from Gamestudio's MED to my format, I can just do the same for Maya. As long as there's a model file with normals, texture coords, not too many polygons and it must support vertex animation if possible (coding bone animation is hard as hell). As for being a novice, the models you saw in Hanako Dash is about the best I can do. I'm well below the novice level.

Anyways, I don't wanna sound desperate, but someone who could do modelling will probably end up being the savior of this game, lol. :mrgreen:
DO let me know if you want to help as it is MOST welcome

- -youka
Hanako Dash - what REAL MEN do when they're bored: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5547 :D
- -youka
box

Post by box »

I am interested in helping out this project.
youka

Post by youka »

box wrote:I am interested in helping out this project.
What is it you'd like to help with? I've got a few people helping already, but I'll see if I can fit in a spot. I'll say it here too for any other folks that might want to help in the future: Help isn't needed on the story and gameplay concept anymore. Programming help isn't required at all, unless you're good at OpenGL and DirectX post-processing shaders. The music is also seen to for now, but that might change as the project goes on. If you think there's anything you can still help with, feel free to mention it and I'll see what I can do :)
- -youka
box

Post by box »

meh, my coding isn't great anyway

keep me updated in any case
youka

Post by youka »

box wrote:meh, my coding isn't great anyway

keep me updated in any case
Will do, thanks for offering. The game's actually coming along nicely, even though it's slow progress...
- -youka
box

Post by box »

also, i looked through the first post and didn't see a link to play a demo of sorts. . . is it even possible yet? :P
youka

Post by youka »

box wrote:also, i looked through the first post and didn't see a link to play a demo of sorts. . . is it even possible yet? :P
http://forum.ikezawa-project.com/viewforum.php?f=25

Though this is more of an "old version" than a demo. The new one will be nothing like this :) I'd say look forward to it, but I dunno when I'll get the time to work on it again :/ Oh well, still look forward to it anyways
- -youka
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

This is starting to feel more and more like the actual KS itself!

"Yeah, there's a thing being worked on, but its gonna be a while. Keep an eye out!" Then randomly "Hey, have a demo!"
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
youka

Post by youka »

Gamera Ramen wrote:This is starting to feel more and more like the actual KS itself!

"Yeah, there's a thing being worked on, but its gonna be a while. Keep an eye out!" Then randomly "Hey, have a demo!"
lol, indeed. but have no fear, progress has been and still is being made... there's just no way for me to show it off just yet :D
- -youka
box

Post by box »

How is this coming along now? :P