Translation

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
dangr400

Translation

Post by dangr400 »

I't doesn't need a big description.
how can I translate in a new language, and if there's someone to help me (I don't know too much about the code, but I know a few languages)
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Translation

Post by Silentcook »

Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

dangr400

Post by dangr400 »

spanish isn't allowed... :(
onenightblitz

Post by onenightblitz »

dangr400 wrote:spanish isn't allowed... :(
There's presumably 1-2 already doing Spanish (not sure if both was approved, but the team assigned to that task is sluggish as fuck). Everybody else who wants to translate Katawa Shoujo after the release of the Act 1 demos are prohibited to translate the game. Also...
Suriko wrote:At some point in the future, we may make the full game script available and provide a public translation subforum. This is not a guarantee and is subject to change.
diosisback

Post by diosisback »

onenightblitz wrote:There's presumably 1-2 already doing Spanish (not sure if both was approved, but the team assigned to that task is sluggish as fuck). Everybody else who wants to translate Katawa Shoujo after the release of the Act 1 demos are prohibited to translate the game.
Both spanish translations are officially endorsed by 4LS.

We finished the whole first act ages ago, but in the end, we weren´t allowed to release a demo so everyone could see the results of our hard work. Rest assured, the quality of the translation will be worth the wait.
Currently teaching Lilly to speak proper spanish...
onenightblitz

Post by onenightblitz »

diosisback wrote:Both spanish translations are officially endorsed by 4LS.
I've heard there's another individual who gave a shot at Spanish-translating the game without 4LS' blessing and supplies. He/She tried to contact the team assigned to said translation task, but wasn't able to snag a reply. No news since...
diosisback

Post by diosisback »

There was one person who contacted us, but we could´t reach an agreeement.

Don´t worry, the project is going at a good pace now that we have a full house.
Currently teaching Lilly to speak proper spanish...