jesse does katawa shoujo!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

norwegianboyEE

jesse does katawa shoujo!

Post by norwegianboyEE »

i just got a video from the subscription box and saw that one of my favourite lp-ers are playing katawa shoujo, the link is here:
EDIT 1# i realize this is pretty late but the meaning of this post was for people that already have played this game could watch someones reactions for it. if you dont like watching lp of visual novels it is ENTIRELY YOUR OPINION. this is not some kind of thread where you can bitch about how you hate lets plays of visual novels or book reading, some people DO enjoy that and my post is only to spread what i thought was a funny video to the katawa shoujo community... wether you like it or hate it is irrelevant...
Last edited by norwegianboyEE on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gRaViJa

Re: jesse does katawa shoujo!

Post by gRaViJa »

He starts with saying it's a Japanese dating sim, i then closed the video.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Niall Hamilton

Post by Niall Hamilton »

I'm watching it at the moment. I love Jessie, but it's not really LP's material. I didn't really enjoy it, and I'm halfway through
It's only a matter of time
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

Huh, I think Visual Novels in general is not LP material. It's just too boring to see someone read it for you and stuff
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

gRaViJa wrote:He starts with saying it's a Japanese dating sim, i then closed the video.
But it's very easy to misunderstand what KS is, due to the nature of the game. I know plenty of people who coming into it thought it was a Japanese dating sim.
Fiandra wrote:Huh, I think Visual Novels in general is not LP material. It's just too boring to see someone read it for you and stuff
I suppose they could be interesting if it's one of those ones that would cause a reaction. For example, Saya no Uta could be an interesting one to watch someone LP.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

VNs are terrible LP material. It's almost as bad as LPing Farmville (which some idiots actually do).

Plus OMFGcata kind of really sucks at LPs in general. And half the time, his voice sounds like a lousy grating imitation of a far better LPer.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Xybaro

Post by Xybaro »

Nobody in Particular wrote:
gRaViJa wrote:He starts with saying it's a Japanese dating sim, i then closed the video.
But it's very easy to misunderstand what KS is, due to the nature of the game. I know plenty of people who coming into it thought it was a Japanese dating sim.
Fiandra wrote:Huh, I think Visual Novels in general is not LP material. It's just too boring to see someone read it for you and stuff
I suppose they could be interesting if it's one of those ones that would cause a reaction. For example, Saya no Uta could be an interesting one to watch someone LP.
"Plenty of people" are stupid. :wink:

VNs should be experienced, NOT watched by someone else who is. It cheapens the experience.

Especially since audio quality/video quality/stupid voice commentary/stupid annotations/etc.

:P
Hanako Lover
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

Xybaro wrote:"Plenty of people" are stupid. :wink:
Well that just seems unnecessarily harsh. Someone with no experience of VNs could easily think it is a dating sim. And of course, with a name like Katawa Shoujo, one would assume it was Japanese at first. Actually quite a few of the "I just finished KS" topics on here are sometimes about the person thinking it is a cripple dating sim at first.

Of course, looking back at your post you were most likely joking, but I think it's an awfully easy mistake to make.
Xybaro wrote:VNs should be experienced, NOT watched by someone else who is. It cheapens the experience.
I was referring to the reaction factor, for example the same reason that the "2 girls 1 cup reaction videos" exist, hence why I used Saya no Uta as an example. Yeah, watching LPs of VNs in order to experience the VN would be a terrible idea.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Nobody in Particular wrote:I was referring to the reaction factor, for example the same reason that the "2 girls 1 cup reaction videos" exist, hence why I used Saya no Uta as an example. Yeah, watching LPs of VNs in order to experience the VN would be a terrible idea.
"The reaction factor" all too often means some annoying voice over-exaggerating the smallest reaction. Incidentally, 2girls1cup reaction videos exist to exploit that very practice in some shit attempt at being humorous.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
timbrepanic

Post by timbrepanic »

I couldn't stomach his reaction to it. A truly terrible LP from a terrible LPer. Still love him though.
Palodin

Post by Palodin »

timbrepanic wrote:I couldn't stomach his reaction to it. A truly terrible LP from a terrible LPer. Still love him though.
I don't think I can stomach watching it, what did he think of it?
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

This LP is terrible. Jesse should stay away from game related stuff.
Nobody in Particular wrote:
Xybaro wrote:VNs should be experienced, NOT watched by someone else who is. It cheapens the experience.
I was referring to the reaction factor, for example the same reason that the "2 girls 1 cup reaction videos" exist, hence why I used Saya no Uta as an example. Yeah, watching LPs of VNs in order to experience the VN would be a terrible idea.
Only if the player comments while playing. If the player stays silent an just make choices, it's like experiencing it in 1st person. :) I watched a silent LP of Oreimo, and it really gave me the feels! :D
Last edited by OtakuNinja on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:This LP is terrible. Jesse should stay away from stuff.
FIFY. :D
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:This LP is terrible. Jesse should stay away from stuff.
FIFY. :D
I agree, thanks. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Dream

Post by Dream »

ChilledChaos did it better, much better.

And yeah, his voice is kind of grating.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos