What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Denouement

Re: Cheating Feeling

Post by Denouement »

Since I did all the paths within a short period of time, I was provided this feeling every... single... path. The only one I could not feel that way towards was Hanako because she was my last path, but the rest would cause confusion or a pang of guilt every time they showed up on screen. My memory is bad, and I haven't actually started up Katawa Shoujo since I made this account on here, but I faintly remember these experiences. Seeing Lilly so much in Hanako's path (I even did hers before Hanako so +10 to guilty feels), which was really bad beacuse of how emotionally and romantically interested I felt during Lilly's story. Also Shizune's blank stare, something about it felt very piercing after her path, and her trying to help Hisao during Hanako's path and feeling bad did get to me a little (+5 guilty feels because the one before Lilly's was hers). Since I did Emi first then Rin next I probably felt it then too. I'm a "Rin Kin" which was fortunate because she didn't show up much elsewhere and when she did it was just silliness so it helped to just take in stride.

It was funny to first see this topic some time ago when I first got on this site because when I was playing KS I was wondering if this experience was ridiculous. :lol:
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I can't remember if I've said my order of completion elsewhere...

I finished Hanako's route first, took me 13 and a half hours. I'm a bit of a slower reader with only one good eye, and even then, I really get into it. I'll sit there and talk back to the screen, all that deal. I truly try to get immersed, even though my imagination is damaged a bit by... things... long story.

After that, with the stress of "which choice is the right choice?" gone, I went through another Hanako run. This one actually took me longer, almost 15 hours. I must have really gotten into it that time.

I would have started a third Hanako run without delay, but being oblivious to the point system in Act 1, I messed around with the choices too much and ended up falling off the roof. :lol:

So, that's when I did Shizune's route, took me around 7 hours. Was complaining about being bored a lot of the time, but by the end of her route, and both endings, I pretty much was at the point I am now.

After that was Emi's. This one hit all sorts of nerves in me that I really don't feel like getting into now. I'm better off not indulging in the past cause I sure don't want the walls to come back up again. I forget how long the route took me.

Next was Rin's. This route was rather confusing and frustrating, the route I had the most difficulty with in getting the good ending. In fact, I got the bad ending first, then neutral, then finally good. That mere coincidence alone hits a lot of nerves, and I don't want to get into that either. Anyone who cares can PM me about it, or else I'll let bygones be bygones.

Last I did Lilly's. This probably had much to do with liking Hanako the most, and knowing I'd see so much of Hanako during the route, hence the 'cheating feeling.' I really did enjoy the route though, I'd say it was right up there with Hanako's with how much I enjoyed and how it affected me, with Emi's being third.

Wow, this is getting quite long, I guess I'll stop here for now.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Denouement wrote:I was wondering if this experience was ridiculous. :lol:
Well, to be fair, the experience is ridiculous. You're just not the only ridiculous guy around here. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Would I call it a cheating feeling? Not quite. Though when I played through Lillys route then went for Hanako's and every route after that, I felt slightly guilty for not picking either her or Hanakos route whenever they would show up in the playthrough.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

ArazelEternal wrote:Would I call it a cheating feeling? Not quite. Though when I played through Lillys route then went for Hanako's and every route after that, I felt slightly guilty for not picking either her or Hanakos route whenever they would show up in the playthrough.
Sort of like abandonment?
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

ShadeHaven wrote:
ArazelEternal wrote:Would I call it a cheating feeling? Not quite. Though when I played through Lillys route then went for Hanako's and every route after that, I felt slightly guilty for not picking either her or Hanakos route whenever they would show up in the playthrough.
Sort of like abandonment?
Maybe. Not sure what I would call it.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
SemisoftCheese

Post by SemisoftCheese »

Weighing in on my own thread (which has been necroed by the necro gods):

I did eventually play all of the routes, and the cheating feeling goes away as you get lost in the plot. It's not as bad as you think, as long as you remember you're playing a game, and you're not "cheating" on another character by playing another route.

That being said, the first time Lilly accused me of ignoring her during the Emi route my heart nearly cracked in two.
yummines

Post by yummines »

a lot of people get that feeling

me personally i didn't, though i did feel a little bad considering in every other route Rin essentially does not go through her art thing and basically is alone with Emi.

that didn't stop me from going through all the other routes though.
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

When I finished Emi's route for the first time and then moved to another character, I had my feels all over again when she ran me over in the hallway.
newnar

Post by newnar »

I couldn't play anything except Hanako's arc for a long time after my first playthrough got her good end. I finally convinced myself to go for Lilly's one next by thinking, you know, at least they're friends and they help each other. Probably explains why I still can't get interested in Shizune's arc.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I still find it interesting that I finished Shizune's story right after Hanako's. Her aggressive nature made me curious about what kind of girl she is, so I satisfied that curiosity. She's not bad, if you think about it. I just wish she was nicer to Hanako and Lilly. And I wish Misha would know when to keep her mouth shut! Every time I watch the "Falling" scene, I'm like "Shut up Misha!" *shoots her with a green PPT pellet* Come to think of it, that would be useful in other situations. Like when Kenji shows up. "Hey man, can I have some money?" *shoots him with a blue PPT pellet*

Aw man... only people as old as me could possibly get that reference...
IamTurkey

Re: Lilly's Route (Good Ending?)

Post by IamTurkey »

Irandrura wrote:
Nightlinks wrote:I knew this before, but Lilly is a very traditional and honest character, and she expects the same in return. I suspect a lot of you probably didn't tell her about the letter, or waved off her questions at the summer house. Don't! Tell her about these things, be honest with her!
Really, this is a very simple rule for relationships and advice to take to heart.

Be honest. Don't hide things.

If you want to offer yourself to the one you love, you must offer all of yourself.

...yes, I got the good ending the first time around, just by picking the choices that felt right, to me.
Luckily, I got the good ending on my first try as well,but was really upset and shocked when I thought It'd be a sad one, considering I didn't realize there were any besides from the one in act 1. It seems I got a bit spoiled after clearing three of the other routes without failing once :lol: .

Well, actually,in the summer house I initially chose to wave it off, but regretted it instantly and adressed it instead without even seeing how the conversation would continue, which I thought would be acceptable :) regarding my wanting to clear the routes without having to go back and change some of my decisions, since It'd totally work irl.

Which seemed to have been a wise decision! :D
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

The Local Hentai wrote:Being one hundred percent honest is awful in a real world relationship.
I wouldn't say that. The trick is in learning how to be honest without being a jerk about it. That can be really difficult sometimes, but it has its rewards. The trick is in always keeping the lines open and never losing sight of love.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Nekken wrote:
The Local Hentai wrote:Being one hundred percent honest is awful in a real world relationship.
I wouldn't say that. The trick is in learning how to be honest without being a jerk about it. That can be really difficult sometimes, but it has its rewards. The trick is in always keeping the lines open and never losing sight of love.
Honesty has its place as well as lies. Some things are best hidden.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
SemisoftCheese

Post by SemisoftCheese »

Xanatos wrote: Honesty has its place as well as lies. Some things are best hidden.
But would you really want what could be a life-long relationship built on lies? Barring telling your girlfriend she doesn't look fat in that dress, I would would complete honesty, and I'm sure she'd want the same.