Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Walrusfella

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Walrusfella »

Hi guys, Happy New Year to you!

I've been badly sick for a week and a half (I'll spare the icky details), so I haven't been able to run. The upside is that it's given my nagging leg and foot injuries time to heal (thanks for asking, Ook!) I didn't forget my half-marathon commitment here though. Today is the first day I've felt passingly decent in a long while, so I gathered myself for a last attempt to salvage my honour and not make myself a liar.

I drove to the YMCA full of vigor and ready to run, only to find that they were waxing the track. :roll: I'm not that easily beaten, however. :) After some hasty internet research, I drove to the next town and found a track that they weren't waxing.

The run went really well, and I managed to complete it! :D 21.1 km, in a little over two hours (my timing arrangements were unreliable today so I can't be more exact than that). l was absolutely shattered at the end. I hit my goal just before the deadline, with only hours left to go.

Thank you again for your kind support and encouragement. Without that I never would have kept running in the beginning, and it's been a boon since. And thanks again Emi, for inspiring me to start. I'll keep on running until age, severe infirmity, or death stops me.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

So food poisoning is not any fun. I have been down for a good week now but do not seem to have missed much here. I have yet to find replacement files for the running tracks so I will resort to making new ones of my own soon. I will update the first post as well as make a post once I get that done.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

Man Walrusfella, I am so glad seeing you reach your goal. Honestly, it makes me happy seeing people genuinely putting work into something and achieving the goal they had in front of them.

Congratulations.
Espionage724

Post by Espionage724 »

Did w2d2 a little bit ago; iPod ran out of batteries about half-way through the session so I ended up trying to synchronize my jogging with seconds (counted a second everytime my left food hit the ground), and just counting seconds while walking. Seemed to work alright :)
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

A reminder that if you have blood pressure issues you shouldn't go to gym for the first time in 3 weeks and try to pull the same weights you were pulling before
Thankfully I made it home before almost passing out.
A Forum Member

Post by A Forum Member »

Playing the Emi path (the only path I've played) inspired me to start exercising much more regularly. A few days after completing the path I decided that I needed to do something about the depressing feels and managed to convert them into some kind of positive energy.

While being overly attached to a fictional character isn't very healthy, it helped to think that me exercising more regularly is what Emi would have wanted, even though it was far from the only factor. I probably would have gotten my shit together eventually, but this helped it come sooner.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

Reksho wrote:Man Walrusfella, I am so glad seeing you reach your goal. Honestly, it makes me happy seeing people genuinely putting work into something and achieving the goal they had in front of them.

Congratulations.
Thanks Reshko, that's nice to hear. I know it's not exactly the pinnacle of athletic achievement (there are three people of my acquaintance that can run that distance) but it feels pretty good to have spun that ability up from nothing in response to playing this game.
A Forum Member wrote:Playing the Emi path (the only path I've played) inspired me to start exercising much more regularly. A few days after completing the path I decided that I needed to do something about the depressing feels and managed to convert them into some kind of positive energy.

While being overly attached to a fictional character isn't very healthy, it helped to think that me exercising more regularly is what Emi would have wanted, even though it was far from the only factor. I probably would have gotten my shit together eventually, but this helped it come sooner.
Welcome to the forums, Member. Good on you for starting. There are lots of good resources in the first post if you're looking for a plan to follow.

It was exactly the same with me. Emi makes really cogent, simple arguments for why running/exercise is worth doing. If she inspires you to run, use her. I sure did. :) The other paths in the game are good too - do give them a try if you have any inclination at all.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Koi

Post by Koi »

Looks like I'm not the only one Emi inspired to run. I've always liked running and I used to do it few times a week with my pal, but after I moved to a new school (not Yamaku, too bad!)
I haven't been able to get a new running partner. Winter is also making me rather reluctant about running around...but looking at the 5k with Emi routine, I'm convinced that I can pull it off.
Let's do it, RunBros! 8)
NotAFlu

Post by NotAFlu »

Granted the first post that contains the schedules is interesting but I doubt that many will actually follow it :/
A Forum Member

Post by A Forum Member »

Welcome to the forums, Member. Good on you for starting. There are lots of good resources in the first post if you're looking for a plan to follow.

It was exactly the same with me. Emi makes really cogent, simple arguments for why running/exercise is worth doing. If she inspires you to run, use her. I sure did. :) The other paths in the game are good too - do give them a try if you have any inclination at all.
Thank you kind sir, you seem to be very diligent in your own routine. My exercising is more of a workout like you would do in a gym, but with running as cardio. I think she can inspire you to exercise in general and not just to run, even though I have started to enjoy the running part of my exercise more, which is probably because of her.

As for trying the other paths, I certainly will when I feel ready to do so. But I'm afraid that diving into the game again will put me back at where I was when I finished the Emi path. That is being so full of feels that I become anti-social and start living fantasies and replaying emotional scenes inside my head while being sad that I experienced things in Katawa Shoujo that I want in my own life but just don't have.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

A Forum Member wrote:I experienced things in Katawa Shoujo that I want in my own life but just don't have.
Solution: Get them.

Finally started walking again this morning. Been lazing around for faaaaar too long. Got my insomnia sorted out and fixed my alarm.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
A Forum Member

Post by A Forum Member »

Xanatos wrote:
A Forum Member wrote:I experienced things in Katawa Shoujo that I want in my own life but just don't have.
What if the things I wanted was to be younger and other equally impossible things, how can I follow your great advice then? :roll:
SemisoftCheese

Post by SemisoftCheese »

A Forum Member wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
What if the things I wanted was to be younger and other equally impossible things, how can I follow your great advice then? :roll:
If you think you can't obtain something, you'll never get it. Simple as that. While it may be impossible for you to get younger, or grow a foot taller, there are other alternatives.

Your question itself is exactly what the characters in KS are trying to do. Rin will never gain arms, Lilly will never see, and Emi will never have legs. But they don't let those define them--Rin paints, Emi runs, and Lilly does origami. They take what others thought was impossible and do it themselves. Because that's what you have to do to better yourself--redefine your expectations of yourself and who you are.

If you want to "feel" younger, maybe you should try Emi's couch to 5k, or start doing Pilates (it really wakes you up). If you want to feel better in the mornings, try eating light carbohydrates at night, or drinking coffee. Instead of marking the things you want to do as impossible, find a way.

I'm a competitive tennis player, and I worked with blind kids who play tennis. How do they do it? They play with a soundball, which lets them hear where it bounces, and they move and swing to it. You would think it impossible, but they play just fine. Even better than most, I'll bet.

So, as Xanatos said, "Get them."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

A Forum Member wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Enter cryogenic stasis until such time that humanity develops the technology to both revive you and reverse the aging process.

8)

Didn't think I'd have an answer, did ya? Ha!
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

Well I never could find the missing files from the running tracks so I just tossed some songs together and trimmed for length myself. No DJing but here is a replacement week 3 download 4. Check it out and let me know if I should go ahead and replace the other missing ones in the same way.
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B67FO ... o2RFE/edit
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...