Save Modification

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
NotAFlu

Save Modification

Post by NotAFlu »

I lost my save file on my old computer and I cannot get it back. So I installed KS and Notepad++ opened up the save file in "AppData\Roaming\RenPy\katawashoujo_actual" and as I expected it gave me gibberish. Is there any way I can edit the save file so I can start from where I left off?
Xybaro

Re: Save Modification

Post by Xybaro »

No. Play the game again.

If you really are a fan and enjoy it, no big deal right?

If you're *that* desperate, I'm sure someone could give you a save of where you were, if you provide a description.

Won't be me, though.
Hanako Lover
udscbt

Post by udscbt »

If you don't want to spend too much time replaying the game, you can use the skip mode to go ahead faster until you reach the point where you were: just press Ctrl to fast forward (remember to check "Options>Skip unread text").
NotAFlu

Post by NotAFlu »

Xybaro wrote:No. Play the game again.

If you really are a fan and enjoy it, no big deal right?

If you're *that* desperate, I'm sure someone could give you a save of where you were, if you provide a description.
True the game is enjoyable and I probably will end up going through it again but it is somewhat annoying have to through so many conversations but as the other person said I can use the skip function.
Xybaro wrote:Won't be me, though.
I kind of figured based on some of your other posts I have seen around the forum.

___
I doubt anyone will do it anytime soon (if ever) but it would be cool if there were a save editor for KS.