Hanako? More like Hanaho. *spoilers*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Hisao&Hanako<3

Re: Hanako? More like Hanaho. *spoilers*

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Dr. Casey wrote:The main thing about the Bad Ending that rings a bit falsely for me is the fact that it permanently scarred their relationship; many people seem to think that Hanako didn't just remove Hisao from the Potential Boyfriend List, but cut ties with him altogether. Hanako's reaction is perfectly believable and understandable, I thought - she's a deeply emotionally damaged person, and Hisao was inadvertently poking at some of her deepest psychological wounds, repeatedly - but the bond of friendship shared by Hanako and Hisao was a very strong one, and Hanako is a fairminded girl that I don't think would permanently cut ties with someone that always treated her like gold, sincerely cared about her, and hurt her without the first shred of malice or ill intent. So yeah, I found Hanako's outburst in the Bad Ending completely plausible, but I find it hard to imagine that Hisao wouldn't seek her out afterwards to make amends, or that Hanako would be unwilling to reconcile once the rush of emotions she displayed towards Hisao calmed down and she returned to her right mind again.
Yeah, good point bro. The thing is, I couldn't bring myself to read any of the bad ending dialogue. :lol: I don't think I ever will read it. In my mind I'll just keep getting the good ending over and over and that will be good enough for me.

Using CoD lingo, I'm working on level 5 Prestige for Hanako runs. Still not tired of it at all. :)
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Dr. Casey wrote:
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Here's the deal, people, based on what I've been reading here so far. This is how I personally feel about it, no breach is intended. :lol:

I personally feel that Hanako's bad ending is just there for the sake of having a bad ending. Don't you notice how when you make the wrong decision, the game "punishes" you by making Hisao talk/act like an idiot? The choices that lead to a bad ending don't necessarily reflect how the situation would really go. I saw the beginning of the scene, as Hisao enters Hanako's room on her birthday. I recall her "appearing very sullen" or something to that effect. BUT! She wasn't shutting him out at that point. Why? Cause even though her door was locked, Hisao spoke gently and kindly, and she unlocked the door and let him in! If she had been angry with him at that point, she most likely wouldn't have even unlocked the door. So that tells me that since the wrong decision was selected earlier, the game says, "ok, now it's time to screw things up." So Hisao says something that upsets Hanako greatly, she gets mad at him and yells, and kicks him out of her room.

Know what I'm saying? I mean like, I never thought choosing to relax and spend time alone for the rest of the day could make a girl mad at you like that. As I said in the beginning, I feel it's a bad ending just for the sake of having one.
The main thing about the Bad Ending that rings a bit falsely for me is the fact that it permanently scarred their relationship; many people seem to think that Hanako didn't just remove Hisao from the Potential Boyfriend List, but cut ties with him altogether. Hanako's reaction is perfectly believable and understandable, I thought - she's a deeply emotionally damaged person, and Hisao was inadvertently poking at some of her deepest psychological wounds, repeatedly - but the bond of friendship shared by Hanako and Hisao was a very strong one, and Hanako is a fairminded girl that I don't think would permanently cut ties with someone that always treated her like gold, sincerely cared about her, and hurt her without the first shred of malice or ill intent. So yeah, I found Hanako's outburst in the Bad Ending completely plausible, but I find it hard to imagine that Hisao wouldn't seek her out afterwards to make amends, or that Hanako would be unwilling to reconcile once the rush of emotions she displayed towards Hisao calmed down and she returned to her right mind again.
I don't think Hanako would be very quick to let Hisao back in, not just out of shame for her outburst but also because she'd feel any attempts at reconciliation on his part would be more attempts to try and fix her in some way. Still, much more than most other bad endings in the game, Hanako's bad end leaves the door open for reconnection of some sort, maybe not as lovers but as people on friendly terms. She did finally open up after all, although in a very damaging and destructive way and Hisao was made aware of how his actions impacted Hanako. The ending that truly seems to have no room for Hisao and Hanako to reconcile was her neutral ending, which was in a way far more depressing though not as shocking.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Dr. Casey wrote:
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Here's the deal, people, based on what I've been reading here so far. This is how I personally feel about it, no breach is intended. :lol:

I personally feel that Hanako's bad ending is just there for the sake of having a bad ending. Don't you notice how when you make the wrong decision, the game "punishes" you by making Hisao talk/act like an idiot? The choices that lead to a bad ending don't necessarily reflect how the situation would really go. I saw the beginning of the scene, as Hisao enters Hanako's room on her birthday. I recall her "appearing very sullen" or something to that effect. BUT! She wasn't shutting him out at that point. Why? Cause even though her door was locked, Hisao spoke gently and kindly, and she unlocked the door and let him in! If she had been angry with him at that point, she most likely wouldn't have even unlocked the door. So that tells me that since the wrong decision was selected earlier, the game says, "ok, now it's time to screw things up." So Hisao says something that upsets Hanako greatly, she gets mad at him and yells, and kicks him out of her room.

Know what I'm saying? I mean like, I never thought choosing to relax and spend time alone for the rest of the day could make a girl mad at you like that. As I said in the beginning, I feel it's a bad ending just for the sake of having one.
The main thing about the Bad Ending that rings a bit falsely for me is the fact that it permanently scarred their relationship; many people seem to think that Hanako didn't just remove Hisao from the Potential Boyfriend List, but cut ties with him altogether. Hanako's reaction is perfectly believable and understandable, I thought - she's a deeply emotionally damaged person, and Hisao was inadvertently poking at some of her deepest psychological wounds, repeatedly - but the bond of friendship shared by Hanako and Hisao was a very strong one, and Hanako is a fairminded girl that I don't think would permanently cut ties with someone that always treated her like gold, sincerely cared about her, and hurt her without the first shred of malice or ill intent. So yeah, I found Hanako's outburst in the Bad Ending completely plausible, but I find it hard to imagine that Hisao wouldn't seek her out afterwards to make amends, or that Hanako would be unwilling to reconcile once the rush of emotions she displayed towards Hisao calmed down and she returned to her right mind again.
I haven't yet brought myself to do any ending other than the good one. But I think Hanako's problem would less be her desire to reconcile with Hisao - maybe even realise that, "damn, he was always there for me, so what if he's a little overbearing, I like him, too" - but would just be so caught up in the mindset of "I already destroyed our relationship, it's beyond my ability to fix this".

Which means things probably degrade from there and are unlikely to get better than "yeah, we're friends again, sorta" or Hisao is stubborn enough to try to reconcile with Hanako again (wherein he'd probably be met with some of Hanako's revised thinking, but unless he was jolted out of his overbearing mindset and just decided that maybe they were both overreacting, no problems were actually fixed here).
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dr. Casey wrote:many people seem to think that Hanako didn't just remove Hisao from the Potential Boyfriend List, but cut ties with him altogether.
That is pretty much the implication. Just removing him from that list is the neutral ending. Everything about the bad ending implies a cutoff.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Pyramid Head wrote:
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:I think it's safe to assume in this situation that each person's imagination will work differently. Since we have nothing official to go by... beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I for one like Hanako's voice in that dub. If that makes me one of a kind, so be it.
Okay so you like that impression of Hanako. Fine. But surely you can agree with me that the actual acting involved was shit. Not-Hanako barely relayed any emotion at all, and Hisao sounded like he was barely awake. Hence why i brought up The Room which was written/directed/produced and starred a man who couldn't act. Though a Twilight comparison wouldn't be inappropriate. Lines half-mumbled and barely any direction with long unnecessary pauses and a male actor who sounds like he wants to be anywhere but there?
Sounds about right. Can't blame the guy not wanting to be in that garbage though. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:
Dr. Casey wrote:many people seem to think that Hanako didn't just remove Hisao from the Potential Boyfriend List, but cut ties with him altogether.
That is pretty much the implication. Just removing him from that list is the neutral ending. Everything about the bad ending implies a cutoff.
I don't know, to me it seems to have been left intentionally vague. He certainly won't be getting any that night, but as far as them never seeing each other again... I just don't know. Plus, there's the unresolved question of what would happen when Lilly returns from Scotland. By the way, the voice acting video didn't seem that bad to me, not good, but not horrible either.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
I don't know, to me it seems to have been left intentionally vague. He certainly won't be getting any that night, but as far as them never seeing each other again... I just don't know. Plus, there's the unresolved question of what would happen when Lilly returns from Scotland. By the way, the voice acting video didn't seem that bad to me, not good, but not horrible either.
What's vague about a hate-filled outburst of rage followed by a literal and symbolic slamming of doors?

And I've heard worse.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

you know, now that I've seen more about Hanako's bad ending (the blow up one). For some reason I think this is a good song for Hisao after that Depeche Mode - See you. Specifically the whole "cut ties" thing, I think Hisao would be feeling like this afterwords if she really did cut all ties with him.
(the lyrics I'm referring to are
"All I want to do is see you again
Is that too much to ask for?
I just want to see your sweet smile
Smiled the way it was before " )
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

Xanatos wrote:
What's vague about a hate-filled outburst of rage followed by a literal and symbolic slamming of doors?

And I've heard worse.
But doors are made to be opened :D
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Dream

Post by Dream »

Xanatos wrote:What's vague about a hate-filled outburst of rage followed by a literal and symbolic slamming of doors?

And I've heard worse.
Hmm, on one hand, i would say it's just a door, but on the other hand, it is indeed a story with themes and characters and possible symbolism, so i don't know. I think i can see it going either way, maybe it's a door, maybe it's a symbolism of the absolute separation that the past actions led to.

It's true that the outburst was pretty shocking, and maybe even painful, but the good thing in it is that it's cathartic in the sense that this way, Hanako gets to spit something that was eating her since a really long time, and -assuming Hisao isn't an idiot- they might be able to come to an understanding or clarification with each other, probably not too much unlike the good ending. Heh, wouldn't that be funny? Even if you get the bad ending, the good ending happens either way :lol:. But seriously speaking, it is a pretty bileful outburst but at least she gets to say what was bothering her. What the three will do after that, i'm not sure if we can know.

I haven't heard worse, although that's mostly because that's the only voice acting for KS that i've heard. Hanako sounded... Well, probably a bit questionable/not too fitting, but i think she had a good voice. Hisao sounded kind of appropiate really, although probably a bit too akward, however, the pitch and tone of his voice sounded very fitting for Hisao.

EDIT: Also, the thread title is hilarious.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Dream wrote:
Xanatos wrote:What's vague about a hate-filled outburst of rage followed by a literal and symbolic slamming of doors?

And I've heard worse.
Hmm, on one hand, i would say it's just a door, but on the other hand, it is indeed a story with themes and characters and possible symbolism, so i don't know. I think i can see it going either way, maybe it's a door, maybe it's a symbolism of the absolute separation that the past actions led to.

It's true that the outburst was pretty shocking, and maybe even painful, but the good thing in it is that it's cathartic in the sense that this way, Hanako gets to spit something that was eating her since a really long time, and -assuming Hisao isn't an idiot- they might be able to come to an understanding or clarification with each other, probably not too much unlike the good ending. Heh, wouldn't that be funny? Even if you get the bad ending, the good ending happens either way :lol:. But seriously speaking, it is a pretty bileful outburst but at least she gets to say what was bothering her. What the three will do after that, i'm not sure if we can know.

I haven't heard worse, although that's mostly because that's the only voice acting for KS that i've heard. Hanako sounded... Well, probably a bit questionable/not too fitting, but i think she had a good voice. Hisao sounded kind of appropiate really, although probably a bit too akward, however, the pitch and tone of his voice sounded very fitting for Hisao.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this.
(also Its good that I'm not the only one who noticed the title's pun and finds it amusing)
I also draw, kind of.
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Steinherz wrote:
Dream wrote:

And I've heard worse.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this.
(also Its good that I'm not the only one who noticed the title's pun and finds it amusing)
It wasn't a very well-disguised pun. Or a good one at that. And it's at Hanako's expense, so I'm honestly not inclined to find it amusing (you can make jokes about any other character, but not Hanako, and this isn't necessarily protectiveness on my part; If you made a joke about a character to their face, they might laugh or get angry, but if you did it to Hanako, she'd probably curl up into a ball and cry).
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Denouement

Post by Denouement »

Hanako couldn't possibly be a Hanaho because she was raped by Hisao. :lol:
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Denouement wrote:Hanako couldn't possibly be a Hanaho because she was raped by Hisao. :lol:
/facepalm
TROLL, TROLL IN THE DUNGEON
(jk, but seriously the whole Hisao raped Hanako thing annoys me)
I also draw, kind of.
Renegade Starlight

Post by Renegade Starlight »

Foxtrot, isn't that more of a reason to pick on her? The idea of Hanako curling up into a ball and crying is so cute... I would feel a little bad though, so I would make sure to try and cheer her up a few days later.