If you could bully Hanako in the game...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Denouement

Re: If you could bully Hanako in the game...

Post by Denouement »

I feel like what you're saying are just pretty words, but when stated factually, they are personality traits. Whatever their source or effect isn't relevant, it is still a feature and facet of an individual's identity.
LordDarknus

Post by LordDarknus »

Guest wrote:Would you do it?
To be honest, I'd be really tempted myself to psychically and physically abuse this cute girl if I could. A girl like her would be so easy to break...
It would make the game so exciting if you had the ability to threaten and maybe sexually assault her, and the best thing is she would be too scared to tell anyone about it. And the final goal of the game would be her suicide in her small dorm room, what a wonderful thought.

Maybe all of this sounds a little bit sadistic, but that's how I think. I really like her.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7265
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I'm with Xanatos on this one. Shyness and misantropy are both personality traits. Even if she didn't possess them before her accident. People's personalities tend to evolve as they grow older, colored by the experiences they have in life. To take the personality that Hanako had before that house fire and label it as her true personality is committing a falsehood. Her awkwardness and lack of trust for people in general are parts of her personality now, even though she didn't start out with them. I get she doesn't like those parts of herself but just like they weren't part of her character initially, they can stop being part of her personality when her outlook on life starts being colored by more positive experiences.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Aren't we all forgetting that you cannot actually bully Hanako?

Samurai Lilly would kick in the door and slice you to pieces before you actually started. :-)
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

So would Shizune, most likely. Even though she takes out her crankiness on Hanako at some point, she doesn't seem like the type to accept actual bullying in HER class.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Guest Poster wrote:So would Shizune, most likely. Even though she takes out her crankiness on Hanako at some point, she doesn't seem like the type to accept actual bullying in HER class.
I believe they also state that traditional bullying doesn't exist at Yamaku. Yeah, people don't get along, they still stick to their own groups, and they exclude each other and all that but I have a feeling that if anybody started to actually bully somebody that person would find the entire rest of the student body turned against them. Probably the teachers too.

Do you want Nomiya to come after you to punish you? The guy is creepy enough if he likes you.
Not Dead Yet
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Guest Poster wrote:I'm with Xanatos on this one. Shyness and misantropy are both personality traits. Even if she didn't possess them before her accident. People's personalities tend to evolve as they grow older, colored by the experiences they have in life. To take the personality that Hanako had before that house fire and label it as her true personality is committing a falsehood. Her awkwardness and lack of trust for people in general are parts of her personality now, even though she didn't start out with them. I get she doesn't like those parts of herself but just like they weren't part of her character initially, they can stop being part of her personality when her outlook on life starts being colored by more positive experiences.
Ok, now that it's stated that way, I kind of get it. I was actually going for a more spiritual approach, like "this isn't the best she can be" and what not. I actually like shyness as a personality trait. I said it on another forum, a person who doesn't speak much is thinking, a lot. And it's always nice to be allowed into that world of thoughts...
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Torric wrote:*Kicks down the door wielding two uzis and an M16 on his back*
Who's bullying my Hanako?
<.< >.>
I've got an entire artillery company zeroed on that spot, you might want to clear the blast radius.
Oddball wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:So would Shizune, most likely. Even though she takes out her crankiness on Hanako at some point, she doesn't seem like the type to accept actual bullying in HER class.
I believe they also state that traditional bullying doesn't exist at Yamaku. Yeah, people don't get along, they still stick to their own groups, and they exclude each other and all that but I have a feeling that if anybody started to actually bully somebody that person would find the entire rest of the student body turned against them. Probably the teachers too.

Do you want Nomiya to come after you to punish you? The guy is creepy enough if he likes you.
I'd like to see Mutou or Nurse actually hammer someone out. Nurse has the ability to switch from cheery to intimidating in a second, and I don't think he's above blackmailing a student.

And on a side note, I too back up Xanatos.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I...

I...

Ivegottogodosomething!
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

FoxtrotZero wrote:
Torric wrote:*Kicks down the door wielding two uzis and an M16 on his back*
Who's bullying my Hanako?
<.< >.>
I've got an entire artillery company zeroed on that spot, you might want to clear the blast radius.
Oddball wrote:

I'd like to see Mutou or Nurse actually hammer someone out. Nurse has the ability to switch from cheery to intimidating in a second, and I don't think he's above blackmailing a student.

And on a side note, I too back up Xanatos.

Hi! Pyramid Here! I can rip out peoples souls and send them through their darkest fantasies which CAN kill them! Call off the artillery strike before a stray shell kills some girls parents and tears her face up with shrapnel, would you kindly?
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Not to mention the fact that in Yamaku, EVERYONE has some sort of condition that warrants their presence at the school. (well, almost everyone) You can see it as the "You bully me with my lack of legs...and I'll use my phone to videotape your next epileptic seizure and post it on the internet."-principle. Mutually assured destruction as it were.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

What are you guys talking about? You can bully Hanako.

...just be prepared to be admitted into Yamaku as class-3 diabeetus with a severe heart condition after witnessing her initial reaction.

That, or you'll be returned to the title screen due to untimely death.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Torric
Location: Inside a potato inside an oven inside Newton inside Iowa inside the US

Post by Torric »

Pyramid Head wrote:Hi! Pyramid Here! I can rip out peoples souls and send them through their darkest fantasies which CAN kill them! Call off the artillery strike before a stray shell kills some girls parents and tears her face up with shrapnel, would you kindly?
*backs off a bit* Better save some for me!
Denouement

Post by Denouement »

Darkish-One wrote:
NoOne3 wrote:And the fire of '91 that razed the Bella Vista slum
There was the biggest shit-fight this country's ever seen
Insurance companies ruined, land lords getting sued
All cause of wee girl with a can of gasoline
Those flames really roared when the wind started blowing
La la la la La la la lie
Rich man, poor man, all got to die

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACG9wv69bKU&feature=fvst
Oh great sum1 bullied Hanako after I just got done explaining what would happen. Well we're screwed now.
Your avatar... I can just get lost in those eyes that absorb everything in. <3

Ahem, more on topic! I wouldn't bully her either, in fact Shizune's mere aggressive staring at her in that one scene really pushed me away from her at the start.

Despite that, I enjoy reading Hanako jokes. :lol:
Dream

Post by Dream »

Hmm, guest might have a very interesting mentality, too bad he isn't around anymore.

In any case, no i wouldn't bully Hanako but i would certainly find it interesting. In the end, however, i would prefer to be kind to her rather than be horrible, since you have to choose one of the two...
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos