Ever heard of this place?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

callmeemo

Ever heard of this place?

Post by callmeemo »

http://www.mfpausa.com/

It's an organization for artists without hands, as Rin would be. They are an international organization, and the works are quite impressive. They also will not accept charity.

"To Stegmann, the word "charity" was as abhorrent as the word "pity." The Association maintains that it is not a charity and does not qualify for charitable assistance.

To this day, the MFPA’s motto in the United States remains: “Self Help – Not Charity.”"

I thought it was pretty cool, and relevant.
"From far away, it looks like someone vomited a herd of butterflies on the wall."
kslover

Re: Ever heard of this place?

Post by kslover »

no one likes charity it seems its not pity but oh well :?
all of which makes me anxious, at times unbearably so
wir sind wir
REJECT FALSE ICONS!
if you're losing your soul and know it then you still have a soul to lose.
its better to light a candle than complain about the dark.
Envy

Post by Envy »

That's pretty interesting but I disagree with the notion that charity is inherently born out of pity.
Lon

Post by Lon »

I can understand the artists themselves not wanting donations but it feels like the organization themselves should be open it it. They could use the money to defray the costs of exibitions and publicity. It doesn't have to be "Oh those poor armless dears!". It can just be a case of "I believe in what you're doing, here's a bit of money to help you keep doing it".
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

The organization itself is based on those prideful roots. There may be some secret "donations" somewhere among the branches, but they would never say that. They must make plenty of money from sales or are backed by the government, because every member gets a monthly check like social security, even if they become unable to paint any longer.
"From far away, it looks like someone vomited a herd of butterflies on the wall."
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

callmeemo wrote:The organization itself is based on those prideful roots. There may be some secret "donations" somewhere among the branches, but they would never say that. They must make plenty of money from sales or are backed by the government, because every member gets a monthly check like social security, even if they become unable to paint any longer.
Hey, except for the ugly-ass leaves in the front, I'd pay for that watercolor on the homepage.
abscess

Post by abscess »

Wow... There are some really good ones in it! I'd like to see the arm-less Bob Ross. That would be awesome!
Anywho, all the painters I saw use their mouths not their feet. Does that mean that Rin is doing it wrong?
Edit:
Scratch that, I finally found a foot painter. But most of the ones I found do it with their mouths.
Siiiiigh....
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

A lot of them are quadriplegic, or otherwise incapable of using their feet. That explains the prevalence of mouth painters.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
abscess

Post by abscess »

Aura wrote:A lot of them are quadriplegic, or otherwise incapable of using their feet. That explains the prevalence of mouth painters.
Hmm... never thought of that. Though perhaps it may be easier to use the mouth, since the painter wouldn't have to be seeing the painting as a distant object s/he is working on. Just a thought.
Siiiiigh....
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

I can see the re-emergence of pointillism thanks to these guys.

...Okay that was bad.
静音是买外夫
Nosson

Post by Nosson »

Which brings us to our next topic... Is Rin skilled in manipulating long, brush-like objects with her mouth as well?
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

Nosson wrote:Which brings us to our next topic... Is Rin skilled in manipulating long, brush-like objects with her mouth as well?
I think everyone has a thought to throw in here, but unusually reserved from what I'm used to. Regardless, I would say yes. She would probably have plenty of experience with such things. :wink:
Envy

Post by Envy »

callmeemo wrote:
Nosson wrote:Which brings us to our next topic... Is Rin skilled in manipulating long, brush-like objects with her mouth as well?
I think everyone has a thought to throw in here, but unusually reserved from what I'm used to. Regardless, I would say yes. She would probably have plenty of experience with such things. :wink:
Good news for all of you with stick-like penises.
kslover

Post by kslover »

the quality of their work is so impressing I've been left gob smacked
all of which makes me anxious, at times unbearably so
wir sind wir
REJECT FALSE ICONS!
if you're losing your soul and know it then you still have a soul to lose.
its better to light a candle than complain about the dark.