[SOLVED] Can't hear music

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
udscbt

[SOLVED] Can't hear music

Post by udscbt »

I found this game a couple of days ago and I just finished Emi's route (this game is awesome by the way, my heart would have broken if I got the bad ending); after that it occured to me that... there should be music! I didn't notice this at first, mostly because I usually play games with all sounds turned off, but looking at Extras I found this Jukebox thing and I finally noticed that I couldn't hear anything even after setting the audio at max volume. I checked that the music was enabled in the options and (following the manual) I tried pressing M (thinking I could have pressed it previously by mistake). But all of this did nothing. I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 if it is in any way useful. Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance.

PS: English is not my native language, so I'm very sorry if I made some grammatical mistake. In case, don't esitate to point it out so I can improve :)

PPS: I've already searched for solutions in this forum and with Google, but if I missed something, I would be very grateful if you linked it

PPPS: This is not very related, but it's been bothering me a bit. I've got a 16:9 screen and when I go full screen the images are stretched. Is there a way to make the images maintain the original proportions when in full screen mode? (maybe with black bands in the borders or something like that)
Last edited by udscbt on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onenightblitz

Re: Can't hear music

Post by onenightblitz »

Hello, and welcome to the Katawa Shoujo Community Support Hotline.

Have you tried other applications in your system? Does it make sound? DID YOU FORGET TO PLUG IN THE AUDIO JACK?
udscbt

Post by udscbt »

KS is the only application creating problems, everything else works as expected. I also noticed that when I go to "Audio settings" (and the game is running) Katawa Shoujo doesn't appear as an application reproducing audio.
udscbt

Post by udscbt »

Ok, I solved it myself. I ran "Katawa Shoujo.sh" from the terminal (I don't know why I hadn't tried it before) and got the following error "Cannot open shared library libasound_module_conf_pulse.so". After checking that I had that library installed and doing some researches, I found out that the problem was that I was using the 64 bit version of Ubuntu (maybe I should have specified it).
Long story short, I downloaded lib32asound2-plugins.deb from http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/lib32asound2-plugins and installed it; after that everything worked like a charm.
I hope this will help whoever run into my same problem.
onenightblitz

Re: [SOLVED] Can't hear music

Post by onenightblitz »

Best solution: get ia32-libs
tommo1982

Re: [SOLVED] Can't hear music

Post by tommo1982 »

Suprisingly there is no Thanks button. I didn't notice there was no sound until I went into Extras and noticed Jukebox, just like you did :D
Anyway, thanks for the solution.