Emi Fanart

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
GiftRaptor

Emi Fanart

Post by GiftRaptor »

This was just a little something I did in Photoshop. I've been practicing and I'm glad to say, I'm improving. I went through Emi's route first so naturally I made some art of her. :wink:

I wouldn't mind some feedback, so go nuts.

I'm not sure how big the image will be so here's a link.
Be cautious of dem eyes.
http://giftraptor.deviantart.com/#/d5ndlr2
Emi Ibarazaki.png
Emi Ibarazaki.png (2.67 MiB) Viewed 3936 times
"Were it so easy"
Dream

Re: Emi Fanart

Post by Dream »

It certainly is a nice drawing, it seems you're good.

That said, did you intend for Emi to look like a young child, or did you intend to draw her being as old as she appears in the VN? I'm not sure, but the proportions seem to be more like those of a child than a young woman, and there's probably something disproportionate with the legs, the eyes also seem to be both too big and not in the style actually used in the novel, plus the face seems to be a bit too wide.

Aside from that, i have to admit it's a very good drawing, specially in shading where there seems to be no problem at all.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
GiftRaptor

Post by GiftRaptor »

Dream wrote:It certainly is a nice drawing, it seems you're good.

That said, did you intend for Emi to look like a young child, or did you intend to draw her being as old as she appears in the VN? I'm not sure, but the proportions seem to be more like those of a child than a young woman, and there's probably something disproportionate with the legs, the eyes also seem to be both too big and not in the style actually used in the novel, plus the face seems to be a bit too wide.

Aside from that, i have to admit it's a very good drawing, specially in shading where there seems to be no problem at all.
Well, you got me there, this was more of an experiment than anything else. I still need to work on proportioning body types. This was more based off how she looked in the VN I suppose. The eyes were unintentionally drawn in a different style that I wanted to try, and I admit the color is a bit to intense for the entirety of the image. In the near future I plan on making some more KS art with this similar style, so I appreciate the feedback and I now know what I have to work on.

So Thank you. :D
"Were it so easy"
Dream

Post by Dream »

You're welcome, i'm not very sure if this is what the drawing needs, but if i were you i would probably try to reduce the size of the head a bit and elongate her legs, also her torso might be a bit too long and require some more volume. I think there should be a bit more overlap between the hips and the torso as well. I would recommend you to read/observe a bit more of anatomy if you can and try to use the VN sprites as a reference when drawing. I wish you luck with your next drawings and look forward to them :D.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos