A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

themocaw

Re: 4LS Secret Santa 2012

Post by themocaw »

Re: Katawa Mecha Pilots
-----
"Nakai, what do you think the purpose of this school is?"

"To train mecha pilots, of course."

"Wrong," Captain Mutou said. "If we wanted to do that, we would have used a military academy. Look around you, Nakai," he said, gesturing broadly to the school as a whole. "This school is about giving you a future beyond fighting the ANIMA. Think about it this way. If we expected you all to do this for the rest of your lives, would we bother with so much effort?"

Our moment of contemplation is immediately ruined by the sound of a loud klaxon and flashing red lights. "Scramble warning, Nakai," Mutou says, putting his uniform cap back on. "Let's go to work."

-----

RHYTHMIA. A strange word. An ugly word.

The first cases of it were recorded shortly after the first of the ANIMA invasions, shortly before I was born. We're still not sure what it is, but it attacks the nervous system.

In some cases, like Shizune's it attacked the aural centers of the brain, rendering one deaf and mute. Lilly was hit with a strain that attacked her optic nerves, leaving her blind. In other cases, the nerve damage resulted in necrosis, requiring amputation of the affected limbs. In other cases, like Hanako's, it rendered a portion of her body insensate. Unable to feel anything.

Not every child was affected, of course. For a long time, my parents and I thought I was one of the lucky ones. As it turned out, RHYTHMIA had attacked my heart instead. It first manifested itself on one snowy day when another RHYTHMIA carrier, Iwanako, confessed to me.

You see, RHYTHMIA isn't just a virus. It's some sort of quantum entanglement phenomenon. Emotional and spiritual closeness allows two carriers of the disease to create a kind of space-time feedback loop. The resulting nexus, or Synchronicity, is what makes RHYTHMIA patients so important to the war.

Because only two RHYTHMIA carriers working in tandem can pilot the God-Machines that fight the war against the ANIMA.

-----

I was going to write more, with Lieutenant Satou being transferred to AVALON base, and Misha reflecting on the fact that Hisao and Shizune make a better pilot team than she and Shizune ever were, and maybe Emi not wanting to get close to Hisao because her last partner had been killed in battle, but I think that would be putting too much work into a silly idea. :P
MusedMoose

Post by MusedMoose »

themocaw wrote:I was going to write more, with Lieutenant Satou being transferred to AVALON base, and Misha reflecting on the fact that Hisao and Shizune make a better pilot team than she and Shizune ever were, and maybe Emi not wanting to get close to Hisao because her last partner had been killed in battle, but I think that would be putting too much work into a silly idea. :P
...whoa. That was awesome, and not silly at all. The stuff you came up with to make the characters work in that setting was very nifty. I'd read a whole story of that. ^_^

As for the mecha pilots pic itself, I like it. Emi riding on Rin is oddly hilarious. ^_^ Though I do feel sorry for Misha, the way she's looking at Shizune who's just plain looking the other way. Grr. Arg.
Lurker since 2008. KS fan forever.
Favorites: Emi and Hanako
My fanfiction: Featuring the post-Hanako good ending fic "Hanako, Uninterrupted". Also: Oh! My Goddess, Onegai Teacher, Love Hina, Noir, Chobits, Revolutionary Girl Utena, and Neil Gaiman's Sandman. Contains an RGU/Sandman crossover and much femslash.
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

I would pay to read a story like that, and I don't even know what it's a crossover of!
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
vaultzero

Post by vaultzero »

I just wanted to express my gratitude for this great new artwork. KS Mecha Pilots is particularly awesome and beautiful.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

MusedMoose wrote:and not silly at all.
Okay, I agree that was pretty awesome, but now you're just kissing ass. :lol: That post was completely silly and even he knows it. xD
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
MusedMoose

Post by MusedMoose »

Xanatos wrote:
Okay, I agree that was pretty awesome, but now you're just kissing ass. :lol: That post was completely silly and even he knows it. xD
Nah. I've just been on the internet long enough to know that one person's silly is another person's serious. ^_^

And I'd totally steal the basis for the story if it wouldn't be blatant and obvious theft. Eh heh heh.
Lurker since 2008. KS fan forever.
Favorites: Emi and Hanako
My fanfiction: Featuring the post-Hanako good ending fic "Hanako, Uninterrupted". Also: Oh! My Goddess, Onegai Teacher, Love Hina, Noir, Chobits, Revolutionary Girl Utena, and Neil Gaiman's Sandman. Contains an RGU/Sandman crossover and much femslash.
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

MusedMoose wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Nah. I've just been on the internet long enough to know that one person's silly is another person's serious. ^_^

And I'd totally steal the basis for the story if it wouldn't be blatant and obvious theft. Eh heh heh.
Go ahead and steal it.

Anyway, this is a derail. :(
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Latest pic is Misha Claus...By cpl_crud. And no offense to him but now I get the "crud" part of the name. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Xanatos wrote:Latest pic is Misha Claus...By cpl_crud. And no offense to him but now I get the "crud" part of the name. :lol:
It is true. I have been blessed with many talents, but alas drawing is not one of them.

My apologies Duane. At least now I know whose Christmas I ruined. It was such an elaborate description as well...

And if you're interested: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?p=128950#p128950
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

I'm certain crud's drawing would have heralded the apocalypse much more effectively than whatever we'll be getting on the 20th
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Having looked at this and looked at some of the older pictures, I think Crud actually has gotten better.

Granted, that's still not saying much.
Not Dead Yet
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

I'm just gonna pretend like Crud's picture was inspired by Tim Burton's A Nightmare Before Christmas, and thus Misha is acting as an expy of Jack Skellington. It makes the picture much more enjoyable that way.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Kyvos

Post by Kyvos »

Oh my god, Crud. It's... it's beautiful. I love the orange... er, thing.
Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Rin
100% get!
Xybaro

Post by Xybaro »

And lo, new crud art was born.

:lol:
Hanako Lover
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:I'm just gonna pretend like Crud's picture was inspired by Tim Burton's A Nightmare Before Christmas, and thus Misha is acting as an expy of Jack Skellington. It makes the picture much more enjoyable that way.
...My god, it's suddenly beautif- Pfft. No. No, it still hurts. Christmas is cancelled. :lol:

(For all my poking at crud, I'd probably have turned out a worse picture. XD)