Shizune
9%
Manly Picnic
2%

Total votes: 447

Denouement

Re: POLL: First girl you went for

Post by Denouement »

There are three ways to answer this I guess. There was the one that I initially started to go for in the first act, the one that I ended up wanting to go for later in the first act, then the one that I actually got. XD

First, I saw Shizune with glasses, playful antics, and curvaceous figure and was like, "WANT." Though later on in that act she revealed to be slightly judgmental and a bit pushy. I remember her glaring at Hanako and was like, "Wanting a little bit less..." and then when she was getting slightly angry with me when Lilly showed up and wanted to fight with her I was like, "...Okay, do not want." That being said I still love her character and enjoyed her path nonetheless when I went to do it.

Then there was when I had to go get supplies and came across Rin. I'm not sure if I immediately turned into a "Rin Kin" (is that what you call them?) or if it was when Hisao painted with her that it happened, but I just got a new want. She was like the exact opposite of what pushed me away from Shizune. She couldn't be judgmental much less pushy.

Ultimately though, which seems to be the case a lot from what I've read, I fell into Emi's path from just naturally selecting the answers. Which is funny because when running and prompted to whether I should speed up, I thought, "...Yeah that is clearly going to have a heart ramification, barely concealed." For some reason I was possessed though and ended up clicking it anyway. O_O Though, like with what I said with Shizune, ended up enjoying her path for the most part.
Earl_of_Grey

Post by Earl_of_Grey »

Like many, I was aiming for one girl and fell into another.

I started my first read with as neutral a mind as possible, resisting the pull of flowcharts and such to see who I would naturally end up with before I started actually aiming for anyone. Shizune...I didn't take to so much, so I brushed past her. Hanako's caught-in-headlights stare in that opening artwork when you introduce yourself in class, that caught my attention and I thought 'oh, she's cute'. Though of course, not much dialogue from her to pull me in. She still had my attention though, and I was intrigued by this silent little bookworm. Rin intrigued me too, with her ramblings. I knew that would be an enjoyable route to read, with all the random philosophy that was sure to be dotted through, and Emi just seemed so cute and energetic that she seemed fun. But I wasn't so into her just then. (on a side note, I was very impressed how well this cute little loli-girl opened up into a very emotional arc)

When I met Lilly in her tea-room though, I was captured. The grace and elegance, and those deep blue eyes....oh, I was caught. I wanted to date her first because I knew she was my type, quiet, thoughtful and happy to amble through a lazy afternoon...and she was beautiful. So I aimed for her, but then my inner sympathy got to me and I couldn't bear to neglect Hanako. So in a way I did the Hisao thing and got caught by a need to protect Hanako for my first route. Not that I minded, because the feels were the best introduction to the KS effect I could have asked for.

Funnily enough, I only went for Lilly on my third readthrough. I decided I needed a lighter-hearted rinse after Hanako, so I gave Rin a try....another surprisingly deep route there. Only now do I realise Lilly's was probably the best thing to lighten me up.
Zeero Mizera

Post by Zeero Mizera »

hanako, shizune, rin and just about to finish lilly and emi's going to be my last playthrough
Misha > Hanako > Rin > Lilly > Shizune > Emi
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

First time I played through without any real plan and got Emi. First girl I went in with the intent of actually persuing was of course, Hanako.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

^Pretty much the same here. I went into KS, and randomly fell onto Emi's route. After Emi, I decided to do Lilly's, but felt more attracted to Hanako, so I left in the middle of the route and went for Hanako, and finished up Lilly later.

I saved Rin for last because I knew she was something special.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

Hanako's.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
Iroald

Post by Iroald »

I guess I'm among the few who actually ended up with the girl they wanted to go for. In my case, that was Rin. Damn, that really was something.
Rin for the win
sennit

Post by sennit »

I remember being originally drawn to Hanako with full intentions to go for her first. Although I played the entire first chapter based off the decisions I would actually make. Then I ended up with Emi :D Even now though, I'm still not sure which one is my favorite....
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Iroald wrote:I guess I'm among the few who actually ended up with the girl they wanted to go for. In my case, that was Rin. Damn, that really was something.
Ah lucky.

Welcome to the board!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Since I was spoilt before I played the game, I can't say that I have a specific girl in mind. Got Emi on first run. Then, it's a matter of getting the required flags for each girl.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Iroald wrote:I guess I'm among the few who actually ended up with the girl they wanted to go for. In my case, that was Rin. Damn, that really was something.
I love your avatar!

Like I said above, I knew that Rin was something special the moment I saw her, so I saved her route for last - sort of like a grand finale sort of thing. It was indeed a grand finale, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
sennit

Post by sennit »

KeiichiO wrote:
I love your avatar!

Like I said above, I knew that Rin was something special the moment I saw her, so I saved her route for last - sort of like a grand finale sort of thing. It was indeed a grand finale, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Oh boy! That's who I have left to go!
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

Emi. And I specifically remember that if I hadn't opted for Hisao to keep running on the track, I would've gotten Rin otherwise.

That whole choice really is kinda like...I mean, when you're sitting comfortably behind your computer, of course you'll pick "chase after her," but I'm 100% certain that if this thought popped in my head in the middle of a run I'd sooner think to myself: "Gods, slow the hell down - this isn't a race and you could really hurt yourself." But because my legs weren't burning and screaming at me, I just picked the other option out of curiosity and yeah - locked into Emi. I think I also didn't have enough points to get the scene where you choose between Shizune and Emi's path either so that was it.

And to the above - I agree. I remember actually, by accident, getting on Rin's path on my 3rd playthrough, but once I got to the last Act 1 scene you have with Rin I thought myself: "Damn, this is too good - I'm not gonna do this now, I'll just save this for last." and yeah, I was not dissapointed. But I don't think this goes just for Rin really, it'd go for every girl though - if you get to the final Act 1 scene and you strongly suspect that out of all the girls, this one really will turn out to be your favourite: stop right there, do the other girls, save it for last and it'll really be awesome.
Iroald

Post by Iroald »

pandaphil wrote:Welcome to the board!
Thank you!
KeiichiO wrote:I love your avatar!

Thanks, it's just something I found randomly. It's actually based on this song.

I do like your idea of leaving Rin for your last playthrough. If I did that, maybe I would have been more satisfied with the other girls' routes. After I did Rin's, the rest felt a little inferior to be honest. Not that they weren't good, just not as good.
Rin for the win
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

It's odd seeing how many accidentally got locked onto Emi's route...Having played a number of VNs before KS, I immediately knew the "Go for it" would steer me toward her route. :lol: On my first playthrough, I deliberately picked the choices that would steer me toward different routes, avoiding locking into any one...And my reward was a picnic. :mrgreen:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."