What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

BlackWaltzTheThird

Re: 100%'d the game, so what now?

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Espionage724 wrote:but then I figured "why?", since I already know the outcomes :/
It's not about the destination, but how you get there. Ever watched a road movie (Eurotrip, Whitecastle, etc)? The vast majority of the movies are the shenanigans the characters get up to on the way to their destination, rather than the destination itself, which is often relegated to a scant few minutes at the end of the film. Same goes here.

I didn't reread Emi's route so I could see the last CG of Emi sitting up with her hair down and clothes off, I reread it so I could experience Hisao and Emi's first kiss, Emi's white charger rant, and anal a second time. Same logic applied to my rereads of the other routes.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Certainly, play it again. What you lose in mystery, you gain in depth. You will be surprised what you missed the first time through.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

...fap? :lol:

I write and read stories as a remedy mostly. Reading it again is also great fun, you might learn new things or two
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

I like to read the blog posts. Gives insights on how this project came to be and puts the creation of it in perspective. It's a pretty good bridge from the fiction of KS to the reality of its effects.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Scarred and Narcissu are very similar to KS. The anime Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora is also something I recommend watching.
Other than that, you could try Key's VNs. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Espionage724

Post by Espionage724 »

OtakuNinja wrote:Scarred and Narcissu are very similar to KS. The anime Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora is also something I recommend watching.
Other than that, you could try Key's VNs. :)
Just got done with Scarred earlier (was pretty good); I plan on possibly doing Narcissu tomorrow :) and as an unrelated note, I got both supported on Evolve the other day too

Thanks for the tips also everyone about replaying KS; I think I will give replaying it a go in the near future :)
SemisoftCheese

Cheating Feeling

Post by SemisoftCheese »

Hello all!

New to the forums, second post, so be nice :D

It seems like most people here have played through all the character routes to completion, but I just couldn't bring myself to it. For instance, I started with the Lilly route, and finished it (and found it to be amazing). But when I tried to play another route, for instance, Emi's, and met the character of Lilly, I had this sinking feeling that I was missing something.

Eh, too many KS feels. But did anyone else replicate this feel? Or am I identifying too much with a fictional story :mrgreen:
FoxtrotZero

Re: Cheating Feeling

Post by FoxtrotZero »

SemisoftCheese wrote:Hello all!

New to the forums, second post, so be nice :D

It seems like most people here have played through all the character routes to completion, but I just couldn't bring myself to it. For instance, I started with the Lilly route, and finished it (and found it to be amazing). But when I tried to play another route, for instance, Emi's, and met the character of Lilly, I had this sinking feeling that I was missing something.

Eh, too many KS feels. But did anyone else replicate this feel? Or am I identifying too much with a fictional story :mrgreen:
We all identify seriously with this fictional story. That's why we're here. So no, I don't know that it's too much, at least not compared to any of us.
But you ought to keep in mind that it's not cheating if Hisao never had a relationship with that character. It might be hard to get through any scenes with those characters if you're deeply attached to them - when I played Hanako's route, I felt this way about Lilly at the beginning, even though Hanako quickly became my favourite. But, unless you fell in love with Shizune, the other characters appear rarely enough that you ought to be fine if you can push yourself through a few minutes of dialogue.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Girder

Post by Girder »

I know that feeling haha. If you want to pass 100% without feels, you better look for spoilers for preparing.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Some of the dialouge can be especially brutal, depending upon the order that you do the arcs. One of the worst is when you are playing Shizune's arc after Lilly's. At one point Lilly sees you and says something like "oh it's you! I thought that you forgot all about me". I actually stopped the game and had to take a short break after that one. And again in Shinzune's arc, if you played Hanako's arc before, you get a really awkward scene where Shizune crushes Hanako in chess (and psychologically too). I was really mad at Shizunewhen that happened :P

Playing the girls' pair right away (Lilly/Hanako, Emi/Rin) can be hard too. I recommend splitting those up and playing others in between.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

Ste

Post by Ste »

That's why Shizune's arc is ridiculous: how can you possibly be interested in an ugly, bespectacled, unpleasant, overbearing nuisance when a hot blonde is clearly attracted to you? Rin must be right: your problem is in your pants.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Ste wrote:That's why Shizune's arc is ridiculous: how can you possibly be interested in an ugly, bespectacled, unpleasant, overbearing nuisance when a hot blonde is clearly attracted to you? Rin must be right: your problem is in your pants.
Well, I could explain it pretty simply with the whole "blondes don't do it for me".
I mean, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't put Shizune over Lilly in any scenario, but I think the most attractive of the girls is probably Emi. *shrug*
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Zilveri

Post by Zilveri »

I got more attached to the girls that I finished first, so it was rather painful playing Lilly's route after Hanako's. Picture from above: :cry:
SemisoftCheese

Post by SemisoftCheese »

haha I guess we're getting a bit off topic here, but I found Lilly attractive because (luckily) I dated a girl much like her over the summer. Super-sophisticated, super-classy, foreign (I'm american, she was russian).

I can only postulate that many players of KS enjoy it because they project a girl in their lives, into the game? I played the Lilly route, and I saw myself, over the summer, going through the same actions, and then seeing routes I could have taken.

For me, it seemed like KS was an affirmation of what I should have done (oh no!), rather than a sexual matter. But I guess if you're a love at first sight person, then looks would really play into it. For me, I was attracted to Lilly because of her personality.