I'm really kind of curious...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Rednal

I'm really kind of curious...

Post by Rednal »

http://www.katawa-shoujo.com/res/source.jpg

I've been wondering for awhile now; has anyone told the original concept creator (Raita) that the game's actually being made, and if so, do we have a record of their reaction?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: I'm really kind of curious...

Post by Aura »

We haven't contacted him, but everyone assumes he knows since the Japanese side of the internet is incredibly tightly knit and KS has gotten a bit of attention on 2ch and the blogosphere.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

He has commented on his blog that he knows about the project and is excited about it, but no, we haven't contacted him.

I think when we release something ti would be a good time to tell him, but as Aura said, it:s not like he isn:t going to know...
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

I see. ^^ Thank you for satisying my curiosity; it was really nagging at me.
Khaos

Post by Khaos »

So, has he commented on the game by now?
...so that's why I'm trying to figure out if there is something I need to figure out and then figure that out before it's too late and all hope is lost.
~~~~~
Isn't a realist just the word for what the cynic calls himself?

Post by Guest »

... this is probably a stupid question since no ones said anything yet, but couldn't he easily accuse you of plagiarism if he isn't directly informed and no consent is given? I mean I know it's probably not gonna happen but I was just wondering. Sorry if i'm darkening your doorstep with my stupidity :(
abscess

Post by abscess »

IIRC, there has to be some kind of copy right for that to happen. If there isn't, there's nothing he could do.
On a side note, where can I find the translated sorce of all this? Haven't read it yet.
Siiiiigh....
Bara

Post by Bara »

Follow the link in Rednals original post.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
abscess

Post by abscess »

Bara wrote:Follow the link in Rednals original post.
I'm an idiot for not noticing before....
Thanks.
Siiiiigh....
vaen

Post by vaen »

since even the full version is not going to be a commercial release there isn't much he can do about it and this is disregarding the fact he noted the wish of there being a game like this created.

even if it was a commercially released btw it'd be very very hard to stop it for him (costly too) since he is based in japan and the japanese court prolly won't be able to help him much. those could only ban the release of the game in japan itself, not around the world.

regardless, I do think it'd been a better idea to get the permission and such settled at the start of the project instead of formally letting him know when it's finished. after all, like said above, it's not as if it's going to be a surprise to him or anything :)
his enjoyment of it would also be highly dependent on skills of the japanese localisation team. I know a few scenes at least where the jokes would be very hard to translate.