Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Althamus

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Althamus »

Xanatos wrote:Right foot's sore as hell for the third day in a row. Took a break yesterday to see if it got better. It did but not completely. Pushed through it today to keep up the exercise. Walk time increases to two hours starting tomorrow (for 5 days) then increases to three followed by a stamina test which, if successful, will lead into beginning Emi's couch to 5k.
Heh, slightly related to my coming post.

Been doing pushups again for a fortnight now. I did the 100PU challenge a while back, then lapsed quite badly and was picking it up again semi-seriously to keep myself toned. I'm leaving a day spare between each set, but have found myself more sore each time I start, even though before I do my first pushup I'm feeling fine.

From this, I'm getting that I'm not healing up fully between each set, and should leave longer rest times to let myself heal better. I could easily push on and complete the set, but I think that if I do, it'll be worse for me in the long run.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Espionage724

Post by Espionage724 »

So the jog around the block went alright this morning :) Plan on doing it again tomorrow morning as well.

I got accepted in the Ingress beta earlier today, and got my Nexus 10 too :) I'm thinking about possibly jogging to a few different places and collecting stuff while having Ingress running on my tablet (I think it's XM i'm collecting?). Only problem with this I'm seeing is the portability of the Nexus 10 lol... I might just carry it around in a backpack though.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Althamus wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Right foot's sore as hell for the third day in a row. Took a break yesterday to see if it got better. It did but not completely. Pushed through it today to keep up the exercise. Walk time increases to two hours starting tomorrow (for 5 days) then increases to three followed by a stamina test which, if successful, will lead into beginning Emi's couch to 5k.
Heh, slightly related to my coming post.

Been doing pushups again for a fortnight now. I did the 100PU challenge a while back, then lapsed quite badly and was picking it up again semi-seriously to keep myself toned. I'm leaving a day spare between each set, but have found myself more sore each time I start, even though before I do my first pushup I'm feeling fine.

From this, I'm getting that I'm not healing up fully between each set, and should leave longer rest times to let myself heal better. I could easily push on and complete the set, but I think that if I do, it'll be worse for me in the long run.
Ohai. Haven't seen you around in a while. :P Gotta let yourself heal!
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Glitter Freeze

Post by Glitter Freeze »

I gonna start one Week7 today, the past week has been quite eventful.
I went on vacation, didn't jog, although I did walk a lot during that period of time (shopping lol).
Then I fell sick coming back from the vacation. Pretty serious case of fever+headache+cough+flu.
I'm better now, except for the cough. And I still get the feeling that I'm a bit weaker.
Nevermind that, I did run two days in my 'weakened state'. Managed to finish them although I had to run a very much slower speed.
My appetite is not as it had been.

There's this one question I've always wanted to ask.
After I complete c25k, should I continue to run 30minutes, try to improve my speed;
or continue onto the 10k program?
Yellow 13 wrote:also, After the heart attack you are in a hospital room, all alone, back to square one. but then suddenly the music box and FEELS, FEELS EVERYWHERE
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

Glitter Freeze wrote:There's this one question I've always wanted to ask.
After I complete c25k, should I continue to run 30minutes, try to improve my speed;
or continue onto the 10k program?
What ever option you want other then stop. I just kept doing the same. Lots of others moved on to 10k.

So does anyone have any tips for energy? I have found it harder and harder to get up and also to stay awake throughout the day recently. Running had helped for awhile but its getting to be I can't go through a day with out at LEAST 10 hours of sleep and even then I often end up falling asleep during the day at some point.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
nginx

Post by nginx »

HurricaneHarvey wrote:So does anyone have any tips for energy? I have found it harder and harder to get up and also to stay awake throughout the day recently. Running had helped for awhile but its getting to be I can't go through a day with out at LEAST 10 hours of sleep and even then I often end up falling asleep during the day at some point.
Sounds a lot like me...
I've had this problem for years now, my usual approach was doing nothing the whole day (it's less tiring) or spending much time in front of the screen (screen keeps you concentrated).
If you find a better solution, feel free to share it with me.

I just ask myself "can you stand up for yourself?" before getting out of the bed, works most time...
ook wrote:@xanatos, dunkelfalke, & nginx:
Keep it up guys. :) I do like reading your updates.
Posts like this give me the energy to go running for at least one day ^_^

Well, I slept in yesterday and stayed up longer, so to keep my 8h of sleep I went out jogging 2h later today.
It's actually nice to see the track in the daylight and not only lit by the nightglow of the city.
Espionage724 wrote:I got accepted in the Ingress beta earlier today [...]
Damn. Why did you mention it? Now I have to get a smartphone...
Glitter Freeze

Post by Glitter Freeze »

HurricaneHarvey wrote:So does anyone have any tips for energy? I have found it harder and harder to get up and also to stay awake throughout the day recently. Running had helped for awhile but its getting to be I can't go through a day with out at LEAST 10 hours of sleep and even then I often end up falling asleep during the day at some point.
I'd take a light afternoon nap, about 30 minutes.
Sometimes I think I've only just lied still for 30 minutes, trying to nap. Although I didn't really fall asleep, it helps nonetheless.
Yellow 13 wrote:also, After the heart attack you are in a hospital room, all alone, back to square one. but then suddenly the music box and FEELS, FEELS EVERYWHERE
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Finished W4D2 yesterday. Was sort of low on energy (and thus slow) because of the strength training the day before, but instead of the last 5 minutes run I jogged for 10 minutes straight. Not bad for a guy who carries 30 surplus kilos :D
Also picked up nordic walking again, want to learn cross country skiing this winter, so better be good again with the poles until then.

Oh, by the way, just to "show off"

The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Wow dude, congrats! Looks like you lost a lot of weight and you are still going strong.

I stopped running and working out for like 3 months now because of a chaotic period in my life. But i started doing push ups again. I did 4x25 3 months ago, now 3x10, that sucked... Tomorrow I'm going to run again. I'm afraid i wont be able to run 5k without stopping anymore =/
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

dunkelfalke wrote: Oh, by the way, just to "show off"
Very impressive when put into a picture.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
lvl5popcap

Post by lvl5popcap »

Looks good, dunkelfalke, keep it up!
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Reksho wrote:Okay, so I repeated the experiment of no stretching before running. It went fairly better than last time. Was able to last for 26 minutes and wasn't as exhausted as the previous time. I do have to say that I focused on steadying my running rhythm a lot and ran slower than usual for the first two laps (maybe half my top speed).

Though it doesn't generate the same results as stretching beforehand (for me), I'm still not convinced by these two little experiments. Will go for a third one to collect more data about this. It just doesn't seem right that my results conflict with seemingly scientifical research.

But where's your hypothesis? Your control? Your double-blinded research assistants? Do you even science?
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

Pseudogenesis wrote:
Reksho wrote:Okay, so I repeated the experiment of no stretching before running. It went fairly better than last time. Was able to last for 26 minutes and wasn't as exhausted as the previous time. I do have to say that I focused on steadying my running rhythm a lot and ran slower than usual for the first two laps (maybe half my top speed).

Though it doesn't generate the same results as stretching beforehand (for me), I'm still not convinced by these two little experiments. Will go for a third one to collect more data about this. It just doesn't seem right that my results conflict with seemingly scientifical research.

But where's your hypothesis? Your control? Your double-blinded research assistants? Do you even science?
Science is merely a tool to collect objective data. You can also do it yourself.
But as I am only interested in my own results to improve my sports-related activites, no, I don't science.

@Dunkelfalke

Man, amazingly done. Looks like even the upper part of your guitar fell off in amazement.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

That's Hohner "The Jack" headless bass :mrgreen:
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

dunkelfalke wrote:Oh, by the way, just to "show off"
Woah, looking trim! Your hard work has sure paid off. You definitely rate those cool shades and unusual bass. 8)

-

Running update: I reached 18 km on Wednesday and actually felt a bit better afterward than when I previously reached 16. My joints and shins didn't hurt as much. I was thinking at the end that I should just grit my teeth and run the rest of the distance, but there really wasn't anything left to draw on. I probably need to drink more water beforehand; I think I actually stopped sweating toward the end and my tongue felt like a dried apricot. Really pleased overall, I think I'm going to make my goal.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!