Wanted: 100% savegame

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Şahin

Wanted: 100% savegame

Post by Şahin »

So I did a refresh of my C: drive and Katawa Shoujo's save was gone. I had the game 100% done (except for Lilly's neutral ending) but I hesitate to delete KS for obvious reasons and don't feel like going through 10 hours of game just to see an ending again, so if anyone has completed the game and doesn't mind sharing their save, I'd be grateful.

It is located on [USERNAME]/AppData/Roaming/RenPy. Take the whole Renpy folder, archive and send it. Note that AppData is a hidden folder.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Şahin on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Full time lurker, occasional poster.
ravenlord

Re: Wanted: 100% savegame

Post by ravenlord »

I can send it to you later today when I get home from work, if someone doesn't get it to you first.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Or you could use the skip function. You can do Lilly's route in about 15 minutes with that. ;)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
demonix

Post by demonix »

Şahin wrote:It is located on [USERNAME]/AppData/RenPy.
You've gotten the location completely wrong as the folder the saves are stored in is located in users/[username]/AppData/Roaming/RenPy.

I'm not that sure if doing a refresh (I'm guessing that you're using windows 8 ) preserves anything stored in the appdata folder.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Skip function. It exists in VNs for a reason. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Yeah, I copied my whole Katawa Shoujo directory from home, putting it on my flash drive, and took it to another computer that I was to be using the past couple of days. I was upset to find that none of the save data (or at least progress data; I didn't have any saved games at the time) is actually kept in that directory.

This means two things; It's good to know, because this is the flash drive on which I keep backups of data I care about in the event I have a system problem. Backing up KS would be completely pointless when I'm getting all the game files and none of the save data. I can fix this at home.

The other thing it means is, and I'm hoping nobody shows distaste at this notion, ripping open the progress save files and finding a way to merge the data within.

Or I could just go home and speedplay Shizune's route. It's not like there's even that many decisions to stop and make, and I've been meaning to speed-replay Lilly's route anyway, because for some reason it didn't register a whole swath of progress (but did register some of the progress I made after that, as if it makes sense I could just skip part of the game).
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

It really isn't that herd to just speed play through it. I got a new computer and one of the first things I did was to speed through it back to 100% which only took about 2 hours. It would have been less if I kept watching when it got to a decision.
Şahin

Post by Şahin »

demonix wrote:located in users/[username]/AppData/Roaming/RenPy.
Oops, my mistake. Thanks man, edited OP.
some other people wrote:[insert words about the infinite usefulness of the skip button here]
Guys, I knew that existed, I swear. I just hate it. Last time I replayed Rin's route I just couldn't bring myself to skip and forced myself to sit through the whole thing.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

I posted a savegame to mediafire in case anyone else ever needs one:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dw2t26vjd7d4d9y

It is 100% completion with about a dozen saves at various critical points in the game. Hope this helps :)
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Şahin

Post by Şahin »

Perfect. Admins should probably sticky this, in case my problem comes up with someone else. Just saying.
DarkWolf

Post by DarkWolf »

Can one of you kind people please tell me how to get the save file into the actual game once I've downloaded them? Thanks!
demonix

Post by demonix »

I've already given the location of where the folder is located for windows 7, 8 and possibly vista, but with windows XP you replace users with documents and settings, appdata with application data (I think since I haven't checked recently) and skip the roaming folder as it doesn't exist in XP (the appdata/application data folder is hidden so you'll have to make sure that all files and folders are visible).

You should be able to see the correct folder the files go into there.
neio

Post by neio »

I have never installed KS on XP, but the %APPDATA% is C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data. There also exists a C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data, but I doubt it would go there.
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Holy Imperium

Post by Holy Imperium »

I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

ScriptError: could not find label '('/Developer/Projects/ks_svn/Katawa Shoujo/game/_ui_early.rpy', 1319837805, 14)'.

This came up when I tried to load it?