The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

TunaSandwich

Re: Why am i feeling so hard?

Post by TunaSandwich »

Xanatos wrote:
TunaSandwich wrote:Well...that's something i wish i never had seen...
My eyes will never be clean again. Damn futa.
Same Misha, new drill. :twisted:
I noticed :S
If i had to only keep one of my senses it would be my hearing.
Can't live without music.
kbk

Re: What's so bad About the Feels?

Post by kbk »

I've sunk around 150 hours in Civ 5 but I never got any feels from it (other than being mad at Montezuma cause he aggros). I sure as heck did from KS and is definitely the reason it so remarkable to me.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
Boppin

Post by Boppin »

TunaSandwich wrote:I got really sad everytime a story ended, because i wanted to see more. None of the good endings i got are bad in anycase, all of them ended the story well, but still... I want more!
Especially after rin and Hanakos ending i got so sad when they ended.
The 'feels' werent so bad in my case ,but still it hurt to see the story end, maybe i just got way too attached to both of them...
I can relate with this. Besides feeling distressed over how the various stories related to my own situations in life, the other half of why I felt so empty afterwards is because of how abrupt all of the endings are. Maybe "abrupt" isn't the right word, but my heart just wanted to see more, to know more. Suriko jokingly linked to a picture saying "and they all lived happily ever after" in the Ask thread, and that's a nice start, but I crave every single individual detail, nearly with every good story ever. Even the most minute details about history and the people living it can be fascinating- after all, it's the story of someone's life. Not every moment may be interesting, but each moment is just as important as the last.

To that end, fan fiction has always been uninteresting to me. Unless a story is canon, I don't feel as though it is worth telling; it's forged. I feel ashamed to admit I think that way- every story has to begin somewhere, but unless the original creator(s) is/are responsible for penning a sequel, there is a huge disconnect in my views. As much as we can enjoy and interpret characters, they are ultimately borne from the thoughts and feelings of the original writer. With someone else writing, it can look and sound like the same character, but it's ultimately someone else's representation. Reading and writing fan fiction has never been an option for me to get through any feelings because of that disconnect.
Emibro, Hanabro, Lilly Lover, [Rin KinImage], Feminist, Two-timer
TunaSandwich

Post by TunaSandwich »

Boppin wrote:
TunaSandwich wrote:I got really sad everytime a story ended, because i wanted to see more. None of the good endings i got are bad in anycase, all of them ended the story well, but still... I want more!
Especially after rin and Hanakos ending i got so sad when they ended.
The 'feels' werent so bad in my case ,but still it hurt to see the story end, maybe i just got way too attached to both of them...
I can relate with this. Besides feeling distressed over how the various stories related to my own situations in life, the other half of why I felt so empty afterwards is because of how abrupt all of the endings are. Maybe "abrupt" isn't the right word, but my heart just wanted to see more, to know more. Suriko jokingly linked to a picture saying "and they all lived happily ever after" in the Ask thread, and that's a nice start, but I crave every single individual detail, nearly with every good story ever. Even the most minute details about history and the people living it can be fascinating- after all, it's the story of someone's life. Not every moment may be interesting, but each moment is just as important as the last.

To that end, fan fiction has always been uninteresting to me. Unless a story is canon, I don't feel as though it is worth telling; it's forged. I feel ashamed to admit I think that way- every story has to begin somewhere, but unless the original creator(s) is/are responsible for penning a sequel, there is a huge disconnect in my views. As much as we can enjoy and interpret characters, they are ultimately borne from the thoughts and feelings of the original writer. With someone else writing, it can look and sound like the same character, but it's ultimately someone else's representation. Reading and writing fan fiction has never been an option for me to get through any feelings because of that disconnect.
Well i have never really liked fanfics myself either, but sometimes stories containing characters from a other story can be really good and can lead to really interesting ideas.
it is an annoying feeling when a story ends 'abrutly' and you want to see more of them for example: when Hanako kisses Hisao openly in the ned, when shes finally overcame her shyness, nearly every movie and game alike that ends abruptly has done the same to me.I would actually call it good storytelling if the story makes you care so much about the characters that you want to know more about them after the game ends.
Ofc there are bad abrupt endings, like the end of sopranos that just cut off without any explanation. Those mostly cause the watcher to yell WTF!? aloud :mrgreen:
Last edited by TunaSandwich on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Zilveri wrote:I don't know about you, but I couldn't sleep well or eat my breakfast on following morning after finishing Lilly's route :cry:
I had a history test the morning after I finished Lilly's bad end. I didn't sleep the night before, I didn't eat breakfast and the feels were all I could think of. Still, I think the test went well. :)
I got the test back today. I screwed up, but I blame the teacher. :(
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Heartless Wanderer

Post by Heartless Wanderer »

So, moral of the story: avoid provoking the Feels on the night before a big test. Got it. Life lesson learned.

Thank you for being our guinea pig. :D
[Emibro], [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], [Rin Kin], Feminist, Two-timer

In other words, [Manly Picnic]
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Heartless Wanderer wrote:So, moral of the story: avoid provoking the Feels on the night before a big test. Got it. Life lesson learned.

Like I said, I blame the teacher. She didn't tell me what I left out/did wrong when I asked, so I guess I didn't do anything wrong. :|
TunaSandwich

Post by TunaSandwich »

Heartless Wanderer wrote:So, moral of the story: avoid provoking the Feels on the night before a big test. Got it. Life lesson learned.

The more you know and knowing is half the battle.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Because the feels mixed up pretty bad with my chronic depression for the first stretch of weekdays I had to go without playing the game (and thus leaving Lilly's story unfinished). I was literally miserable through wednesday, and listening to nothing but the Enigmatic Box didn't help. Don't get me wrong, thursday was rocky, and the first half of friday was a hurdle.

I don't mind having feels, but I do mind them emotionally crippling me, and that's a hard thing to regulate.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

Well i have never really liked fanfics myself either, but sometimes stories containing characters from a other story can be really good and can lead to really interesting ideas.
it is an annoying feeling when a story ends 'abrutly' and you want to see more of them for example: when Hanako kisses Hisao openly in the ned, when shes finally overcame her shyness, nearly every movie and game alike that ends abruptly has done the same to me.I would actually call it good storytelling if the story makes you care so much about the characters that you want to know more about them after the game ends.
Ofc there are bad abrupt endings, like the end of sopranos that just cut off without any explanation. Those mostly cause the watcher to yell WTF!? aloud :mrgreen:

IMHO, I think that the Hanako ending was really well done.

It made me d'aww the entire rest of the day, and people kept looking at me funny because I likely had this huge-ass grin on my face.

It didn't feel abrupt to me, and I felt that Hanako finally coming out of her shell at the end was a perfect touch to a perfect path. I could see where you are going with saying it is abrupt, but then again, my mind has never been a fan of epilogues, such as in Lily's case. Her coming back to the hospital was enough to make me tear up a little, drawing out the epilogue made me lose some of the feels.

*Shrug*
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.
TunaSandwich

Post by TunaSandwich »

Shadowyeclipse wrote:

It made me d'aww the entire rest of the day, and people kept looking at me funny because I likely had this huge-ass grin on my face.

It didn't feel abrupt to me, and I felt that Hanako finally coming out of her shell at the end was a perfect touch to a perfect path. I could see where you are going with saying it is abrupt, but then again, my mind has never been a fan of epilogues, such as in Lily's case. Her coming back to the hospital was enough to make me tear up a little, drawing out the epilogue made me lose some of the feels.

*Shrug*

It was a really good ending, but it ended in a way that many that typeof stories end. In a perfect point where you know what will happen in the future.
Still it makes you feel, that you want to see more of hisao and hanako. I just have a habbit of getting kinda stuck on feels everytime an ending like that happens.
Shadowyeclipse

Post by Shadowyeclipse »

TunaSandwich wrote:
Shadowyeclipse wrote:

*Shrug*

It was a really good ending, but it ended in a way that many that typeof stories end. In a perfect point where you know what will happen in the future.
Still it makes you feel, that you want to see more of hisao and hanako. I just have a habbit of getting kinda stuck on feels everytime an ending like that happens.

Welp, there's fan fiction.
Emibro, [Hanabro],[Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

Currently: None.
To do list: Clannad, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate
Finished: Toradora, Katawa Shoujo, Analogue: A hate story, Narcissu.
TunaSandwich

Post by TunaSandwich »

Shadowyeclipse wrote:
But...but i just said i didnt like fanfics D:
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

TunaSandwich wrote:
Shadowyeclipse wrote:
But...but i just said i didnt like fanfics D:
You obviously haven't read Sisterhood. Try it. It's so well written that it's almost official. ;)
Dream

Post by Dream »

OtakuNinja wrote:You obviously haven't read Sisterhood.
Or Hanako's story. An excellent fanfic as well.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos