Which character did you get most attached to and why

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

OtakuNinja

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by OtakuNinja »

H_Shot_W wrote:In order?

Emi, Lilly, Hanako and Rin are at a tie for third because I have crippling "big brother" complex that makes me seem like a jerk at times, and then Shizune.
It's the same order as mine, except Emi should be at the very bottom... or below. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
H_Shot_W

Post by H_Shot_W »

OtakuNinja wrote:It's the same order as mine, except Emi should be at the very bottom... or below. :lol:
Well my good man, I have but one thing to say to that.

However, I also feel you are simply jealous there is another blonde woman taking attention away from your precious Lilly.
"Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are." ~ Arthur Golden, author.

"The very greatest things - great thoughts, discoveries, inventions - have usually been nurtured in hardship, often pondered over in sorrow, and at length established with difficulty." ~ Samuel Smiles, author.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

H_Shot_W wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:It's the same order as mine, except Emi should be at the very bottom... or below. :lol:
Well my good man, I have but one thing to say to that.

However, I also feel you are simply jealous there is another blonde woman taking attention away from your precious Lilly.
I know I've said that I can't decide on Emi's hair color, but she's definitely not blonde! :?
H_Shot_W

Post by H_Shot_W »

I think my point has been proven. Your seething jealousy burns the very air around you.
"Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are." ~ Arthur Golden, author.

"The very greatest things - great thoughts, discoveries, inventions - have usually been nurtured in hardship, often pondered over in sorrow, and at length established with difficulty." ~ Samuel Smiles, author.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

No, you my kind sir have just proven that my decision to put Emi below Shizune was right. The Feminists and Lilly Lovers might clash sometimes, but at least they know the difference between blonde and brownish pink/pinkish brown.
H_Shot_W

Post by H_Shot_W »

As do I, and Emi is not "brownish pink/pinkish brown" as you have so gracefully put it. :P

Were I still in communication with my ex, who had a strikingly similar hair color, then I would ask for her to intervene on this matter. Alas, I cannot.

I simply take happy knowledge in my own personal victory of knowing the truth. :lol:

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

KS wiki says Emi's hair is light brown. No blonde, no pink. BOTH of you were wrong. :P

That said, however, OtakuNinja is still a dirty spam-filled heathen. 8)
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:KS wiki says Emi's hair is light brown. No blonde, no pink. BOTH of you were wrong. :P

That said, however, OtakuNinja is still a dirty spam-filled heathen. 8)
Well I said I couldn't decide which colour her hair was. :roll: All I know is that in some pictures her hair is pinkish, while in others it's brown. Not blonde. :)

Dirty? ... Maybe just a little... :oops:
Spam-filled? You're not the one to talk... :lol:
Heathen? I'm a LL, not a heathen. To be a heathen I must treasure Shizune over everyone else, and that I do not. :)
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

Thinking on it, it looks like we have a general theme going:

Different girls appeal on different wavelengths. (Yes, bow down before my impressive gifts of perception!)

Some girls appeal primarily to the emotions, while others primarily appeal to the intellect.

Lilly's appeal is primarily an appeal to the emotions. There is intellectual depth to the story, yes, but you don't lose terribly much if you miss it.
Hanako's appeal is similarly directed to the emotions. Again, this isn't a thoughtless feels bombardment, but you don't need an applied character analysis to care about Hanako.
Emi falls somewhere in the center. There's a lot going on in that head of hers, but you don't really need to see the gears in her head turning to get a sense for what's going on.
Shizune appeals almost entirely to the intellect. There's emotional depth is there, but you have to pierce through the veil and really get into her head to see the emotional goings-on. Otherwise, you see Misha's emotional appeal, but really don't care for Shizune.
Rin has an even greater intellectual appeal than Shizune, but the emotional appeal is also very strong. It's easy to get something emotionally out of Rin's route, but it's also easy to recognize you're missing something if you can't (or don't) get inside her head.

In the end, all the girls probably have a similar compound appeal (i.e. emotional + intellectual). Grasping the emotional appeal of a character is easier, but there's no less merit to emotional appeal than to intellectual appeal. You certainly aren't stupid for preferring emotional appeal over intellectual appeal.

On the other hand, people tend to play up the value of intellectual appeal (when they don't outright dismiss is). Because you have to work harder to grasp the intellectual appeal, people tend to take a greater sense of ownership of the appeal, and play up its significance.

Ergo, Lilly fans hate Shizune fans because they see Shizune fans as arrogant elitists, while Shizune fans hate Lilly fans because they see Lilly fans as shallow idiots who can't see beyond the surface.

I thereby decree, with every ounce of authority granted unto me, that anyone who derides another individual's preference is a Manly Picnicker. Not a Kenji Route fan. A Manly Picnicker. You consider the best option to get drunk and fall off the roof to your (presumed) death.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

ProfAllister wrote:Ergo, Lilly fans hate Shizune fans because they see Shizune fans as arrogant elitists, while Shizune fans hate Lilly fans because they see Lilly fans as shallow idiots who can't see beyond the surface.
I don't agree with that.
I thereby decree, with every ounce of authority granted unto me, that anyone who derides another individual's preference is a Manly Picnicker.
OBJECTION!
We don't deride the other side's preference; we are simply having a very heated debate. :)
H_Shot_W

Post by H_Shot_W »

Yes, a very heated debate which I am quite obviously winning. :P

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

ProfAllister wrote:Shizune fans hate Lilly fans because they see Lilly fans as shallow idiots who can't see beyond the surface.
So they like Lilly because she's blind. /brilliantdeduction
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
H_Shot_W

Post by H_Shot_W »

That, ladies and gents, is what we call reading in to things. :P

HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

Xanatos wrote:That said, however, OtakuNinja is still a dirty spam-filled heathen. 8)
There can only be one.

I got attached to Kenji, because he tied me up to himself with tape.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
kbk

Post by kbk »

I see what you did there.