The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

kbk

Finally finished KS

Post by kbk »

I realize this topic has been done to death but seeing as to how I can be quite arrogant, I'll post this in the vain belief that my experience is unique. Just as I rather stumbled upon KS itself the same has occurred with the forums and I am gladdened to see a community that appreciates the game. I'm going to go ahead and kind of repeat some statements that I've seen over my week of lurking, meaning I've never been so emotionally attached to a game or the characters it contains. I could probably fall into the dude/bro segment of gaming with my choices but I've never been one to shy away from a new genre or medium and that led me to the VN Analog: A Hate Story and then to KS.

Reading some of the topics on here about how the characters resonate with what people have gone through puts things in perspective for me, because on a superficial level I don't relate to anybody in KS at all. I've had a healthy childhood, stable home, success in HS/College and yet I was utterly compelled by the plight of Lilly (first playthrough) and was captivated by what followed. I didn't think it was possible to feel the emotions being pumped through me all in the span of a few hours of gameplay, something no AAA game had ever been able to do for me. I find it difficult to rationalize these intangible impressions it left on me and as a result I was in what could be described as an emotional coma for a few days. Even a month after completion I still have inklings of what I experienced right after I saw the happy lilly ending art, which is quite surprising to someone who is emotionally reserved. It seems I am just starting to get over a strong case of the "feels".

To sum it up I'm just really happy I found this game, from the way Hisao focuses on the minutiae of his own path to the respective endings in all their glory it all ties together so wonderfully.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
Xanatos

Re: Finally finished KS

Post by Xanatos »

Yup. It's pretty cool. Almost better on replays.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Welcome to the party.
Not Dead Yet
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Welcome to the forums. Who's your favorite girl? :)
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
kbk

Post by kbk »

My top three goes Lilly - Hanako - Emi and then the others are kind of interchangeable.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I think this is the first time I've ever heard anybody say Rin and Shizune are interchangeable.

Although the idea of Rin being followed around by Misha all the time and trying to run student council is rather hilarious.
Not Dead Yet
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

The idea of Rin not saying anything and using sign language is even more so.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

kbk wrote:My top three goes Lilly - Hanako - Emi and then the others are kind of interchangeable.
Listen up everybody, we've got a new Lilly Lover! :D
I'm satisfied with the answer, although I really hate Emi. :lol:
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Guest Poster wrote:The idea of Rin not saying anything and using sign language is even more so.
I just imagined her talking like she normally does and then Misha trying to translate it into something that makes sense.
Not Dead Yet
kbk

Post by kbk »

I guess interchangeable is a poor word choice. I should say that they exist in a plateau somewhere below the first three I listed and I like them all without a clear favorite. Rest assured I do not think the characters themselves are interchangeable :D
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

kbk wrote:I guess interchangeable is a poor word choice. I should say that they exist in a plateau somewhere below the first three I listed and I like them all without a clear favorite. Rest assured I do not think the characters themselves are interchangeable :D
When you said that you finished KS, do you mean 100% or all the routes at least on time?
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:
kbk wrote:My top three goes Lilly - Hanako - Emi and then the others are kind of interchangeable.
Heathen!
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:
Heathen!
I take it you're an Emibro then, Xanatos? I always believed you were a fellow LL. What a disappointment. :roll:

Jokes aside, I got Emi's bad ending + her angry face is disturbing. :)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:I take it you're an Emibro then, Xanatos? I always believed you were a fellow LL. What a disappointment. :roll:

Jokes aside, I got Emi's bad ending + her angry face is disturbing. :)
Nah, LL. But it doesn't make you less of a heathen. :lol:
kbk

Post by kbk »

Over the course of two months I've gotten through each of the endings for the girls. I just got the Kenji ending (lol) last week.