Hanako and my Girlfriend

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

TheLondonLad

Hanako and my Girlfriend

Post by TheLondonLad »

i hope someone enjoys this as i found the story made me happy but also paranoid at the similarities.
So a couple of weeks a go a friend told me to download and play Katawa he also said that hanako was similar to my girlfriend this sparked my curiosity so i played and got the hanako good ending after that i knew what he meant

My girlfriend is not a burn victim but is very very shy she can't talk to strangers she lost her mother to cancer at a young age and has always felt vulnerable.
she moved to my school 1 years ago,she only knew her cousin who happens to be friends with me anyways seeing a shy cute girl sparked my interest.
After around 2 months and our school i tried to get to know her witch lead to me sitting next to her on the bus,One time on the way home through the silence
i began a conversation about a book i had been reading she was very shy and did not speak much.I babbled like an idiot and it ended with me making a wrong turn and accidentally blurting out you wanna see film?
As we got of the bus she immediately froze for a second for two before saying quickly saying sorry i have to go and she ran like the wind leaving me blushing and embarrassed anyways 2 weeks later i saw her in the library i apologized and said i didn't mean any harm.
I got to know her and got her to stop blocking me out to the point where she was comfortable around me.
my attraction went from physical to emotional and i fell for her but much like Hisao i felt she was to fragile to pursue after the events where she froze so we went along as friends until one day where she took me to her mothers grave.
She began crying i attempted to comfort her and then she began talking of how i treated her like a child or someone to protect all i could muster was i'm sorry and she collapsed in tears i simply kissed her and from there my life has been great with her and seeing hanako and hisao made me so happy.

i hope this isn't to long but sorry i just dont want a TL DR
also sorry for any grammatical mistakes
Last edited by TheLondonLad on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reksho

Re: Hanako and my Girlfriend

Post by Reksho »

Please, save my eyes and use proper interpunction.
Your story isn't long at all but it made me TL;DR just because of the lack of commas and dots.
Beanwell

Post by Beanwell »

Well, congrats on finding your real-life waifu.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

TheLondonLad wrote:I hope someone enjoys this, as I found the story made me happy, but also paranoid due to the similarities.

So, a couple of weeks ago a friend told me to download and play Katawa. He also said that Hanako was similar to my girlfriend. This sparked my curiosity, so I played and got the Hanako good ending. After that I knew what he meant.

My girlfriend is not a burn victim, but she is very, very shy; she can't talk to strangers. She lost her mother to cancer at a very young age, and has always felt vulnerable. She moved to my school a year ago, and she only knew wher cousin (who I happened to be friends with). Anyway, seeing a shy, cute girl sparked my interest. After around two months I tried to get to know her, which led me to sitting next to her on the bus. One time on the way home, though the silence, I began a conversation about a book I had been reading. She didn't speak much, and I babbled like an idiot. It ended with me making a wrong turn and accidentally blurting out "you wanna see a film?" As we got off the bus she immediately froze for a second or two before quickly saying "sorry I have to go" and she ran like the wind, leaving me blushing and embarrassed.

Anyway, two weeks later I saw her in the library. I apologized and said that I didn't mean any harm. I got to know her and got her to stop blocking me out to the point where she was comfortable around me. My attraction went from physical to emotional, and I fell for her, but much like Hisao, I felt she was too fragile to pursue after the event where she froze. We went along as friends, until one day, she took me to her mother's grave. She began crying and I attempted to comfort her. She began talking about how I treated her like a child, or someone to protect, and all I could muster was "I'm sorry". She collapsed in tears, and I simply kissed her, and from here my life with her has been great, and seeing Hanako and Hisao made me so happy.

I hope this isn't too long, but sorry, I just don't want a tl;dr. Also, sorry for any grammatical mistakes.
Grammatical mistakes indeed, English clearly isn't your first language, mate. I took some liberties with where to start and stop sentances and paragraphs. Not wanting a tl;dr is perfectly fine, I think anyone unwilling to read your entire post is undeserving of a summary.

Anyway, on the internet, you really do have to take these stories with a grain of salt. I don't know if this is a true story, but I have no reason really to doubt you, and if it is I'm really glad for you, because that's a touching story. I recently finished Hanako's story, and while Lilly captivated me more as a character, It was really easy to get involved with Hanako as a person. All of Lilly's storyline cemented my visual image of Hanako as this small, quiet, stuttery girl, and it was hard to fix that when she started to open up - the billiards scene was a great example. I honestly wished there was more chance to interact with her after the park scene, because it was just such a happy ending. Makes me rue reality.

Ohgodherecomesthedepression.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
yummines

Post by yummines »

Hanako's personality and story isn't that outlandish that's the whole point. That's what makes KS so relatable.

It's why i like it even though i usually don't play visual novels
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

I hate you so much right now... :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

From what I'm getting it's like a blend of Hanako and Emi in one packet. As jealous as I am, I wish you the best for finding a real life counterpart.

Work on commas and periods though.
yummines wrote:Hanako's personality and story isn't that outlandish that's the whole point. That's what makes KS so relatable.

It's why i like it even though i usually don't play visual novels
Shh...we all know there's one route that's so outlandish though, better not poke that one :lol:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

...Hey OP...Has she asked you to give her the chocolate yet? 8)
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Xanatos wrote:...Hey OP...Has she asked you to give her the chocolate yet? 8)
Oh don't you DARE thread that path!
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:...Hey OP...Has she asked you to give her the chocolate yet? 8)
This. 8)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Heartless Wanderer

Post by Heartless Wanderer »

Is that a euphemism for something? >_>
[Emibro], [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], [Rin Kin], Feminist, Two-timer

In other words, [Manly Picnic]
SoulReaver22

Post by SoulReaver22 »

Is her name HanakoMcGee?
Finished Katawa Shouji
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Heartless Wanderer wrote:Is that a euphemism for something? >_>
You haven't seen "Burning Passion" by roneryanon? :o
Do you at least know what lemon refers to? :?
Heartless Wanderer

Post by Heartless Wanderer »

I know what a lemon is, and I also know what else a lemon is when speaking of cars. And I know what a literal lemon is. I've never heard chocolate used as a euphemism before, though.
[Emibro], [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], [Rin Kin], Feminist, Two-timer

In other words, [Manly Picnic]
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Heartless Wanderer wrote:I know what a lemon is, and I also know what else a lemon is when speaking of cars. And I know what a literal lemon is. I've never heard chocolate used as a euphemism before, though.
I meant in terms of KS. Click the link I posted.