Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Beanwell

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Beanwell »

If you think KS is the most feelsy VN ever, you are wrong. Very wrong.
Deardrops

Post by Deardrops »

Beanwell wrote:If you think KS is the most feelsy VN ever, you are wrong. Very wrong.
Yeah you're probably right haha. :') It's the most feelsy one I've had so far though that's for sure.
"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Beanwell wrote:If you think KS is the most feelsy VN ever, you are wrong. Very wrong.
Because feels are a quantifiable and entirely objective concept and are not subject to individual preference in any way.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Beanwell

Post by Beanwell »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
Because feels are a quantifiable and entirely objective concept and are not subject to individual preference in any way.
The statement "Katawa Shoujo is not the most feelsy visual novel ever" is subjective.
That's my individual opinion. Are you saying I am not allowed to disagree with others?
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

Beanwell wrote:
Mysterious Stranger wrote:
The statement "Katawa Shoujo is not the most feelsy visual novel ever" is subjective.
That's my individual opinion. Are you saying I am not allowed to disagree with others?
However the statement "You are wrong" is objective. You can disagree with a subjective opinion all you like, but you can't really say it's wrong.
Completed VNs: VNDB
Currently Reading: ef- a fairy tale of the two
Mysterious Stranger

Beanwell wrote:The statement "Katawa Shoujo is not the most feelsy visual novel ever" is subjective.
These two statements are so ludicrously opposite, I actually laughed out loud when I confirmed that they were made by the same person.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Beanwell

Post by Beanwell »

Well, I know of course he wasn't really "wrong", but...iunno. I wasn't trying to be serious. "You are wrong" is on objectively subjective statement. As in, it seems objective but it's actually subjective. I guess I was trying to state what I thought in an "objective" manner to emphasize my opinion, but then when you said "Because feels obviously can be measured", I meant to say that...nevermind, I dunno how to explain it.

And yes, I am an idiot. When I read your post, I actually buried my face in my hands out of embarrassment.
Last edited by Beanwell on Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

OtakuNinja wrote:I don't care if it isn't translated. I can read some Japanese, and the rest is easy to translate via google. :)
You do know Google can't translate worth shit, right? :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Beanwell

Post by Beanwell »

Xanatos wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:I don't care if it isn't translated. I can read some Japanese, and the rest is easy to translate via google. :)
Having to translate every line would be a pain :?
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Beanwell wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Having to translate every line would be a pain :?
It's with Google as it's with Japanese; it's up to the reciever to interpret what was said. By mixing the two together, it shouldn't be that much harder. Besides, I'd do everything in order to play Narcissu 3rd :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Mysterious Stranger

Beanwell wrote:Well, I know of course he wasn't really "wrong", but...iunno. I wasn't trying to be serious. "You are wrong" is on objectively subjective statement. As in, it seems objective but it's actually subjective. I guess I was trying to state what I thought in an "objective" manner to emphasize my opinion, but then when you said "Because feels obviously can be measured", I meant to say that...nevermind, I dunno how to explain it.

And yes, I am an idiot. When I read your post, I actually buried my face in my hands out of embarrassment.
Haha, no worries. Happens to everyone - myself included, even on these forums.
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

Well damn, I never expected to go through Kanon so quickly... I guess that's what happens when you put together a free week and a good VN. :)
Great and feelsy story, the writing is also very well done, with tons of references to other routes or things you just don't know yet that you can only catch after reading said route or on subsequent playthroughs. Really enjoyed the winter theme, as pretty much all the other VNs I've read either don't have winter whatsoever or it is a rather mild winter and not too much emphasis is placed on it.
Turns out it's pretty fun to shock this thread back to life every now and again. :D I wonder how many VNs in a row I can go without hitting one that I don't want to recommend?
Next up is... *checks list* Air!
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

Flutterz wrote:Turns out it's pretty fun to shock this thread back to life every now and again. :D I wonder how many VNs in a row I can go without hitting one that I don't want to recommend?
That's actually one of the things I love about VNs. Most of the ones in, say, the top 100 on VNDB are really good and worthy of recommending. Probably because translators will only translate the good ones however.
Flutterz wrote:Next up is... *checks list* Air!
Air isn't translated. Hope you can read moon.
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

Nobody in Particular wrote:
Flutterz wrote:Turns out it's pretty fun to shock this thread back to life every now and again. :D I wonder how many VNs in a row I can go without hitting one that I don't want to recommend?
That's actually one of the things I love about VNs. Most of the ones in, say, the top 100 on VNDB are really good and worthy of recommending. Probably because translators will only translate the good ones however.
Flutterz wrote:Next up is... *checks list* Air!
Air isn't translated. Hope you can read moon.
Well, can you really blame them for not wanting to translate all the crap? :D
Speaking of which, is Air not very good, or is it simply that nobody gotten around to finishing a translation?
Anyway... that sucks.
But if you mean http://vndb.org/v15, it's already on my list, just further down.
In that case... Little Busters!
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

Flutterz wrote: Speaking of which, is Air not very good, or is it simply that nobody gotten around to finishing a translation?
Anyway... that sucks.
Isn't it like the highest selling KEY game in Japan? It's generally considered to be around the same level as Clannad and Little Busters, so clearly it is highly rated. It never got finished because originally the translation group got a C&D, then when another group picked it up later their main translator quit and they had to start all over again. Currently being translated, perhaps third time's the charm?
Flutterz wrote:But if you mean http://vndb.org/v15, it's already on my list, just further down.
No, I meant Japanese text. Never played that one myself.