KS inspired project

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

kazenokize

KS inspired project

Post by kazenokize »

I hope this is not breaking any rules, but I don't think it is.
Anyways, I am one of the big fans of KS, and made all my friends play it since I wouldn't stop talking about it!
Now we have a university project wich I gave them the idea of base it on KS.
We decided to try to make it something closer to a VN, and we already have many many ideas!
Well I'll cut to the chase. For the first part of the project, our teacher asked us to hand in interviews, the more the better.
Apparently the idea is to get to know those who would be interested in our "product", and I instantly thought about you guys!
So I will just put the interview here and if any of you have time to answer, it would really help me :) You can answer only what you want, that's ok too.
Thank you very much in advance! And if this is against any rule, I understand if the post is deleted and apologize.

Interview

1. Name (optional) :
2. Gender:
3. Age:
4. What is the estimate amount of time you spend on your computer
5. Do you read books often?
5.1. If so, how many per year?
6. What kind of movie do you like?
7. What kind of music do you like?
8. Have you ever had any contact with a drug user?
9. What do you think about the consume of alcoholic beverages?
10. Are you used to playing computer games?
10.1. What kind of games?
10.2. Have you ever played an RPG/Visual Novel? If not, would you?
10.3. Which ones?
11. Do you prefer big cities or the country side?
12. Do you prefer going out during day time or night time?
13. What’s your education level?
14. What do you do on your spare time?
15. Do you prefer national or international music?¬
16. Do you pay attention to the lyrics?

Thank you all!
Galliano

Re: KS inspired project

Post by Galliano »

1. Name (optional) : Steven
2. Gender: Male
3. Age: 26
4. What is the estimate amount of time you spend on your computer? 10hrs per day.
5. Do you read books often? sporadically.
5.1. If so, how many per year? 20 maybe?.
6. What kind of movie do you like? Tragedy (if that's a genre of film).
7. What kind of music do you like? Mostly rock/indie but I like electronica and rhythm and blues as well.
8. Have you ever had any contact with a drug user? lots.
9. What do you think about the consume of alcoholic beverages? I don't have a problem with it at all, however I do think it's bad for your health.
10. Are you used to playing computer games? Very.
10.1. What kind of games? Everything apart from sport sims
10.2. Have you ever played an RPG/Visual Novel? If not, would you? Yes
10.3. Which ones? Katawa Shoujo! haha! starting on Clannad as well. As for regular RPGs I hold the Final Fantasy series close to my heart.
11. Do you prefer big cities or the country side? Depends what mood I'm in, but probably country side if I had to pick one.
12. Do you prefer going out during day time or night time? Night time
13. What’s your education level? College
14. What do you do on your spare time? play guitar, gaming, listen to music and I'm currently teaching myself Japanese!
15. Do you prefer national or international music? I have no preference to the origin of music, it's how it sounds that matters.
16. Do you pay attention to the lyrics? More than the melody a lot of the time.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

I don't think this sort of thing is against the rules, and I'll gladly answer.

1. Name:
Tyler Jackson

2. Gender:
Male

3. Age:
While normally forthcoming with this, I don't want to say publicly. If it's important information I can tell you privately.

4. What is the estimate amount of time you spend on your computer:
These days? About 24 hours/week. More on break. And WAY more if I had my way.

5. Do you read books often?
5.1. If so, how many per year?
Not as often as I once did. I've read maybe a half dozen this year of my own accord, but two or three is probably more standard.

Plot is the most important, but to be more specific I tend to like some action. Comedy is good, but I don't like comedy movies. V for Vendetta, Sherlock Holmes, Wild Wild West, these are some of my favourites off the top of my head.

7. What kind of music do you like?
This is a most excellent question. About half of my library is electronica (dance, trance, rave, etc.). I have some classic/orchestral pieces (think KS soundtrack), and the rest is pretty general rock or miscellaneous.

8. Have you ever had any contact with a drug user?
Yes.

9. What do you think about the consume of alcoholic beverages?
I don't disagree with it, but I don't understand the appeal of drinking so much you get wasted, or of drinking alone. In moderation and with friends, I say.

10. Are you used to playing computer games?
Depends. I'm primarily a console gamer, so I don't play much on my PC, per se.

10.1. What kind of games?
My introduction to gaming was Halo, but I've come to love videogames first and foremost as a medium where you partake in a story. Mass Effect has been my thing for a while.

10.2. Have you ever played an RPG/Visual Novel? If not, would you?
Katawa Shoujo was my first. I do plan on giving some others a shot, but I don't know how many others can match quality of content with quality of English, since many are written in Japanese.

10.3. Which ones?
From the "reccomend a VN" thread, the ones I plan on looking at (and thus might play) include Narcissu, Yume Miru Kusuri, KiraKira, Edelweiss, Wanko To Kurasou, Snow Sakura, Sekien no Inganock, Ever17, True Remembrance, Swan Song, and Quartett.

11. Do you prefer big cities or the country side?
I don't much prefer one or the other, but I've never spent much time in either. Ironically, I hate the place I've lived my whole life, and that's a generic suburbia. But to answer the question better, while the countryside can be nice, I tend to be restless. The idea of the world around me being quiet is terrifying.

12. Do you prefer going out during day time or night time?
I like the nighttime hours better, but it's more accurate to say I don't like full daylight. If it's nice and overcast and blowy out, that's perfect.

13. What’s your education level?
I am currently a Junior in High School (American 11th Grade) and I plan to attend a four-year college.

14. What do you do on your spare time?
Computers. Video Games. And thinking. I don't get out as much as I really should.

15. Do you prefer national or international music?
Trick question. I don't have a preference, and this largely has to do with the fact that I was almost raised by the internet, so the concept of nationalism disgusts me. Patriotism is the conviction that your country is the best because you were born in it.

16. Do you pay attention to the lyrics?
A lot of my music doesn't have lyrics, but when it does, yes, I do. It's obvious why I would do so in english, but when they're in other languages, I pay attention beacuse I am fascinated by other languages. For example, I know more or less the translation of "Alles Neu" (Peter Fox, German), while I really only know the gist of "Blackjack" (Megurine Luka, Japanese).
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

1. Name (optional) : Sebastian
3. Age: 25
4. What is the estimate amount of time you spend on your computer: Lots
5. Do you read books often?: Yes
5.1. If so, how many per year?: 5 or 6
6. What kind of movie do you like?: Action, War and Sci-Fi
7. What kind of music do you like?: Rock and soundtracks from films/video games
8. Have you ever had any contact with a drug user?: Yes
9. What do you think about the consume of alcoholic beverages?: It's ok as long you don't pass out, I'm for social drinking
10. Are you used to playing computer games?: Yes
10.1. What kind of games?: RPG's, Strategy and FPS
10.2. Have you ever played an RPG/Visual Novel? If not, would you?: Yes
10.3. Which ones?: RPG'S Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas VN'S Katawa Shoujo and A drug that makes you dream
11. Do you prefer big cities or the country side?: Big City
12. Do you prefer going out during day time or night time?: Daytime
13. What’s your education level?: Incomplete High School
14. What do you do on your spare time?: Play video games and hang out with my friends
15. Do you prefer national or international music?: Both
16. Do you pay attention to the lyrics?: Yes I do
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

1. Name:
3. Age: 17
4. What is the estimate amount of time you spend on your computer: 6+ hours each day
5. Do you read books often? I used to, now I read manga.
5.1. If so, how many per year? A lot.
6. What kind of movie do you like? It depends, but I like shojo-animes
7. What kind of music do you like? Metal, classic, new age, j-pop, movie soundtracks, trance...
8. Have you ever had any contact with a drug user? Not that I'm aware of
9. What do you think about the consume of alcoholic beverages? I'm 100% against it
10. Are you used to playing computer games? VNs and older games like Populous, Sid M's Pirates, Sea Dogs 2, RCT...
10.1. What kind of games? RTS, VNs ↑
10.3. Which ones? Scarred, KS, Kanon, Clannad, Little Busters, Narcissu + some RPGs
11. Do you prefer big cities or the country side? Country side
12. Do you prefer going out during day time or night time? Both
13. What’s your education level? High school
14. What do you do on your spare time? Sit in front of the computer/Xbox or worry about the future
15. Do you prefer national or international music? Both
16. Do you pay attention to the lyrics? Mostly
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

1. Name (optional) : Joseph
3. Age: 26
4. What is the estimate amount of time you spend on your computer: Anywhere from 2 to 12 hours a day. I use it for school (going for an IT degree), gaming, and social media.
5. Do you read books often?: Not terribly often, no. I do read some comics and manga, but BOOK books are rare.
5.1. If so, how many per year?: Maybe 3 to 5.
6. What kind of movie do you like?: Good ones. But seriously, a good plot and actors do the trick for me. I enjoy non-mindless action, drama, a little smart comedy here and there, and suspense. I do NOT like horror, stupid comedy or shaky-cam action.
7. What kind of music do you like?: Personal favorite genres include techno / trance / house, metal and orchestral music. I do NOT like most rap / hip-hop (though from time to time it can be quite good), nor do I like pretty much anything that's considered pop music - all same-y sounding garbage to me.
8. Have you ever had any contact with a drug user?: Contact? Sure. I used to work with a bunch of potheads and a few worse. Never done drugs myself, though.
9. What do you think about the consume of alcoholic beverages?: Everything in moderation. I don't enjoy drinking much myself, but I have no qualms with it so long as you aren't driving while drunk or going home to beat your wife.
10. Are you used to playing computer games?: All the time.
10.1. What kind of games?: Favorites would include fighting games, action / FPS, and RPGs, though I don't have as much time anymore as I used to for the "long ones".
10.2. Have you ever played an RPG/Visual Novel? If not, would you?: Of course I have. And if I hadn't, I'm always open to new experiences.
10.3. Which ones?: Katawa Shoujo comes to mind, of course... beyond that, a few odd hentai games, but nothing of much quality or note.
11. Do you prefer big cities or the country side?: Cities. The dark, lonely nighttime country frightens me.
12. Do you prefer going out during day time or night time?: I prefer dusk, when the weather is a bit more bearable and the sun isn't oppressing my eyeballs.
13. What’s your education level?: High school diploma, currently enrolled in college.
14. What do you do on your spare time?: Go to school, mostly. I also play Magic: the Gathering with friends once or twice a week, and I am the host of a Magic podcast as well. Other than that... vidya gaems.
15. Do you prefer national or international music?: Either is fine, so long as it's got a good tune and doesn't annoy me.
16. Do you pay attention to the lyrics?: Depends. Usually not so much, I'm more interested in the sounds than the words.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Flutterz

Post by Flutterz »

1. Name (optional) : Ilia
3. Age: 18
4. What is the estimate amount of time you spend on your computer: 35 hours/week
5. Do you read books often? Not particularly
5.1. If so, how many per year? 10, maybe 15
7. What kind of music do you like? Classic rock
8. Have you ever had any contact with a drug user? No
9. What do you think about the consume of alcoholic beverages? Let people do whatever they will short of harming others, but it's not for me
10. Are you used to playing computer games? Yes
10.1. What kind of games? RPG, RTS, Dota-like, FPS, Puzzle, Shoot-em-Up, VN
10.2. Have you ever played an RPG/Visual Novel? If not, would you? Yes, many of them
10.3. Which ones? Katawa Shoujo, Cross Channel, Ever17, Sharin no Kuni, Clannad, G-Senjou no Maou, Saya no Uta, Fate/Stay Night, Diablo 2,3, Torchlight 2,3, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Persona 3, and way more other RPG's I can't even remember.
11. Do you prefer big cities or the country side? Countryside
12. Do you prefer going out during day time or night time? Night time
13. What’s your education level? Undergraduate student
14. What do you do on your spare time? Computer games, programming
15. Do you prefer national or international music? National
16. Do you pay attention to the lyrics? Yes, very much so
Completed VNs: VNDB
Currently Reading: ef- a fairy tale of the two
Beanwell

Post by Beanwell »

1. Name (optional) : Jules Winnfield (jk)
3. Age: 14 (Yes, you read that correctly)
4. What is the estimate amount of time you spend on your computer: Anywhere from 1-6 hrs. per day
5. Do you read books often? Not really, but I do like manga.
5.1. If so, how many per year? I have no idea.
6. What kind of movie do you like? Comedy, Sci-fi, Action, Mystery
7. What kind of music do you like? Jazz, Classical, Techno/Dubstep, almost anything on a piano
8. Have you ever had any contact with a drug user? Nah.
9. What do you think about the consume of alcoholic beverages? Drink in moderation and you're fine.
10. Are you used to playing computer games? Yes. My most-played computer game is TF2.
10.1. What kind of games? Almost anything.
10.2. Have you ever played an RPG/Visual Novel? If not, would you? Yes.
10.3. Which ones? KS, Narcissu 1/2, Saya no Uta + Clannad anime. Not a lot, but I'm workin' on it.
11. Do you prefer big cities or the country side? Big cities are nice sometimes, but I'd still say countryside.
12. Do you prefer going out during day time or night time? Nighttime.
13. What’s your education level? High school.
14. What do you do in your spare time? Video games, interwebz
15. Do you prefer national or international music? International
16. Do you pay attention to the lyrics? Yes.
Boppin

Post by Boppin »

1. Name (optional) : Patrick McBride
4. What is the estimated amount of time you spend on your computer? Varies. Around 5 hours on work days.
5. Do you read books often? No.
6. What kind of movie do you like? Comedy.
7. What kind of music do you like? Classical, Ambient, Relaxed
8. Have you ever had any contact with a drug user? If I have, they have not said.
9. What do you think about the consume of alcoholic beverages? Don't care. People find different ways to unwind. Moderation is everything.
10. Are you used to playing computer games? Yes.
10.1. What kind of games? RPGs, Action/Adventure, Puzzle, Retro, Sidescrollers...
10.3. Which ones? Too many RPGs to name. Visual Novels: KS and Yume Miru Kusuri.
11. Do you prefer big cities or the country side? Country side.
12. Do you prefer going out during day time or night time? No. Not sure if that's a serious answer or not. If I had to choose, day.
13. What’s your education level? College graduate.
14. What do you do on your spare time? Browse the internet, play video games, draw, listen to music.
15. Do you prefer national or international music?¬ Both.
16. Do you pay attention to the lyrics? Yes.
Emibro, Hanabro, Lilly Lover, [Rin KinImage], Feminist, Two-timer
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

1. Name (optional) : Alan Bates
3. Age: 32
4. What is the estimate amount of time you spend on your computer: Most of it.
5. Do you read books often? Not as much as I used to.
5.1. If so, how many per year? several. I don't keep count
6. What kind of movie do you like? Horror
7. What kind of music do you like? classic rock
8. Have you ever had any contact with a drug user? Yes.
9. What do you think about the consume of alcoholic beverages? I rarely do.
10. Are you used to playing computer games? Specifically computer of videogames in general?
10.1. What kind of games? RPGs, survival horror, and old school platformers are favorites
10.3. Which ones? We'd be here all day if I started listing them. Let's just say I started when Final Fantasy was NEW.
11. Do you prefer big cities or the country side? country
12. Do you prefer going out during day time or night time? night
13. What’s your education level? Highschool graduate with certain specialized military schooling
14. What do you do on your spare time? Play on the computer. Watch movies.
15. Do you prefer national or international music? If you mean music that comes from the same country I do, then yes. That.
16. Do you pay attention to the lyrics? Usually
Not Dead Yet
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

3. Age: 21
4. What is the estimate amount of time you spend on your computer? 5+ hours
5. Do you read books often? Not much lately but in general, yeah.
5.1. If so, how many per year? Don't keep count.
6. What kind of movie do you like? Comedy, horror.
7. What kind of music do you like? Metal, rock.
8. Have you ever had any contact with a drug user? Yes.
9. What do you think about the consume of alcoholic beverages? It's alright. Whatever. No problem.
10. Are you used to playing computer games? Yeah.
10.1. What kind of games? Strategy and roguelikes.
10.2. Have you ever played an RPG/Visual Novel? If not, would you? Played both, often.
10.3. Which ones? Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls, Katawa Shoujo, and many more.
11. Do you prefer big cities or the country side? Can't say. Been in the suburbs too long. Banking on "city".
12. Do you prefer going out during day time or night time? Night.
13. What’s your education level? High school graduate, making plans for college.
14. What do you do on your spare time? Game and watch TV. And masturbate.
15. Do you prefer national or international music? Both have shit in them, both have good stuff. I like what I like and any label beyond that is meaningless.
16. Do you pay attention to the lyrics? In most cases.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
ZatchiOnii~san

Post by ZatchiOnii~san »

1. Name (optional) : Zachary
3. Age: 21
4. What is the estimate amount of time you spend on your computer: Only means of entertainment at home. 6-8 hours a day collectively.
5. Do you read books often? From time to time. Not as often as I should.
5.1. If so, how many per year? 50-60
6. What kind of movie do you like? Romance, Comedy, Monster, Action, SciFi, Anime
7. What kind of music do you like? It all has it's own appeal.
8. Have you ever had any contact with a drug user? No.
9. What do you think about the consume of alcoholic beverages? It is fine in moderation.
10. Are you used to playing computer games? Very
10.1. What kind of games? MMORPG, First person shooters, SciFi, Quest games, Fighting, RPG
10.2. Have you ever played an RPG/Visual Novel? If not, would you? All the time
10.3. Which ones? I have sampled nearly every RPG, including MMO, that I find. KS was my first Visual Novel among many more to come. I will pay for them if I have to.
11. Do you prefer big cities or the country side? Country
12. Do you prefer going out during day time or night time? Depends on the activity
13. What’s your education level? I have my GED
14. What do you do on your spare time? Play games, Read, Spend time out of the house
15. Do you prefer national or international music? National. The Pillows is one of my favourite bands
16. Do you pay attention to the lyrics? Yes. I am learning Japanese, French, and Spanish so I listen to the music as well as lyrics
Image <----Click please! :D
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

1. Name (optional) : Christian
3. Age: 20
4. What is the estimate amount of time you spend on your computer? 10+ per day
5. Do you read books often? No
5.1. If so, how many per year? 1
6. What kind of movie do you like? Mostly drama/action.
7. What kind of music do you like? Hip-hop, some rock, some dubstep, video game soundtracks.
8. Have you ever had any contact with a drug user? Yes
9. What do you think about the consume of alcoholic beverages? Know your limits. I have no interest in drinking.
10. Are you used to playing computer games? Yes
10.1. What kind of games? Racing, FPS, Adventure.
10.3. Which ones? Katawa Shoujo, Deardrops
11. Do you prefer big cities or the country side? Big cities
12. Do you prefer going out during day time or night time? Dusk
13. What’s your education level? College Undergraduate
14. What do you do on your spare time? Games, music, art.
15. Do you prefer national or international music? National
16. Do you pay attention to the lyrics? Only when I'm hearing the song for the first time.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

1. Name (optional) : Eduardo
4. What is the estimate amount of time you spend on your computer 8-9 hours at work, plus 5-6 hours at home, 15+ on weekends.
5. Do you read books often? Yes.
5.1. If so, how many per year? More or Less 30
6. What kind of movie do you like? Action and Comedy
7. What kind of music do you like? Metal, Blues, Rock
8. Have you ever had any contact with a drug user? Yep
9. What do you think about the consume of alcoholic beverages? Nothing wrong with some drinking.
10. Are you used to playing computer games? Aye.
10.1. What kind of games? Everything goes, except sport sims.
10.2. Have you ever played an RPG/Visual Novel? If not, would you? Aye.
10.3. Which ones? I've played most of the major title rpgs for PC and a lot of indie titles. Also played Katawa Shoujo, Yume Miru Kusuri and Kira Kira.
11. Do you prefer big cities or the country side? Big Cities.
12. Do you prefer going out during day time or night time? Night.
13. What’s your education level? College graduate.
14. What do you do on your spare time? Computer Games,Tabletop RPG, Pub Crawling and Reading.
15. Do you prefer national or international music?¬ International (since Brazilian Rock sucks)
16. Do you pay attention to the lyrics? Yeah
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
DH531

Post by DH531 »

Last edited by DH531 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.