KS2Android [WORKING Android "port"]

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Brogurt

Re: KS2Android [WORKING Android "port"]

Post by Brogurt »

Xanatos wrote: Who's hacking? I'm teaching.
>you're the biggest asshole and a terrible human being
>come on guys I'm just trying to be nice
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Brogurt wrote:
Xanatos wrote: Who's hacking? I'm teaching.
>you're the biggest asshole and a terrible human being
>come on guys I'm just trying to be nice
Where did I ever claim I was trying to be nice? Pay attention. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

misterprinny wrote:
Well...have fun. I stopped arguing on the Internet because all it gives you is stress. Stubborn people will be stubborn.
If only everyone accepted this way of thinking.
LLStarks

Post by LLStarks »

What about running KS Linux (is it really x86 only? The Ubuntu package is multiarch and compiling should be easy enough) from my phone?

I can run an Ubuntu ARM session on the phone and then VNC into it.

Would that work or be allowed under the license?
Blaze117

Post by Blaze117 »

Ever heard of TeamViewer? Only downside is no sound...
Routes: Hanako>Lilly>Shizune>Rin>Kenji>Emi
Girls: Hanako>Misha>Rin>Shizune>Lilly>Emi
LLStarks

Post by LLStarks »

Fun fact: KS will run on Ubuntu ARM

Game is unmodified but is loaded using Renpy armel packages.
Masamune Shin

Post by Masamune Shin »

About the first post, that "port" sounds to be too rough for me. I don't know why people still wants a full KS Android port even when everybody who has a decent smarthphone can run the game very well using Remote Desktop (with movies and transitions too). I've played KS by this method several times whenever I am out home.

The only "cons" is that you need internet conexion with a good bandwith in your phone and your PC to be turned on the whole time you're not in home. :wink:
There are no good or bad people, just what we want to see of them.
zanger

Post by zanger »

mike23 wrote:If you consider it a derivate, I'm not distributing it.
You can also consider it as a technical modification, as I said in my first post.

And yes, I am playing with words and it's a terrible way to get around the license.
I don't think you understand what a derivative work is. Any kind of modification is a derivative work. Yes, even a technical modification, because you are fiddling with the computer code which itself is a copyrightable work.
the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?
mrwizeass

Post by mrwizeass »

I came across this thread because I also wanted to know if a port for android had been made. While I understand why the devs don't want people making their own ports, there's clearly an interest for it. I also understand that doing it themselves would be a large task to handle, but instead of just simply writing it off as unable to be done, may I instead suggest starting a kickstarter or an indiegogo campaign to raise funds and outsource a majority of the coding and QA work to a third-party dev team?
Just a suggestion.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

mrwizeass wrote:I came across this thread because I also wanted to know if a port for android had been made. While I understand why the devs don't want people making their own ports, there's clearly an interest for it. I also understand that doing it themselves would be a large task to handle, but instead of just simply writing it off as unable to be done, may I instead suggest starting a kickstarter or an indiegogo campaign to raise funds and outsource a majority of the coding and QA work to a third-party dev team?
Just a suggestion.
Highly unlikely.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
MegaMoto

Post by MegaMoto »

One: I don't think the developers wanted this and Two: Katawa Shoujo at home is not a waste of time.
neio

Post by neio »

Blaze117 wrote:Ever heard of TeamViewer? Only downside is no sound...
Bingo. Connect through your phone to a computer running KS. No licensing issues, videos play, and it's a surprisingly smooth experience.
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
rockin robin

Post by rockin robin »

neio wrote:
Bingo. Connect through your phone to a computer running KS. No licensing issues, videos play, and it's a surprisingly smooth experience.
:shock: ...sorcery is this?
I kenji's worst nightmare! A FEMINIST!!
have a tracheo-osoephagul puncture.
three years with simmr001 10/06/13
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

rockin robin wrote:
neio wrote:
:shock: ...sorcery is this?
It's called "technology". Scary, innit? :wink:
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

I have in my pocket a device I can use to access the entirety of human knowledge. I usually use it to look at cute pictures of kittens and get into an argument with someone I don't actually know.

:P
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.