In a year of so will you still play this game?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

OtakuNinja

Re: In a year of so will you still play this game?

Post by OtakuNinja »

KS has become an important part of my daily routine. I check these forums at east 30 times each day, and think a lot about the characters. I do believe I'll read at least one route every year, much like how Christopher Lee reads Lord of the Rings every year. :)
The Populous forums are still active after 14 years, so I think the KS-community will remain. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

Xanatos wrote:Honestly, I'm more interested to see who will be on this forum in a year and whether or not the community stagnates or dies.
Topics like Hanako's Broken Heart Club and Emi Inspired Workout will most likely continue to be active, albeit a bit less than before. Those topics are more general of tone instead of having a direct relationship with the game. Activity in the forums tends to correspond with playing the game for the most part. So if the game is out of the picture, those general topics of the forum will probably determine the long-term liveliness of the community.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Reksho wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Honestly, I'm more interested to see who will be on this forum in a year and whether or not the community stagnates or dies.
Topics like Hanako's Broken Heart Club and Emi Inspired Workout will most likely continue to be active, albeit a bit less than before. Those topics are more general of tone instead of having a direct relationship with the game. Activity in the forums tends to correspond with playing the game for the most part. So if the game is out of the picture, those general topics of the forum will probably determine the long-term liveliness of the community.
I suppose so. There can always be new players...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Pokeman

Post by Pokeman »

I will. For sure.
I mean, I do need my feels now and then. And besides, KS has already taken up the spot for my favourite VN, and that'll probably never change. (Basically meaning I won't forget about it.)
I also think the forums will live for longer than a couple of years. I consider a couple of series' that have fanbases that last really long, even though the series has not continued in years.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

It will be a year soon, so I'm going to reread Katawa Shoujo in a few months.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Dream

Post by Dream »

Most likely.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

After finishing Lilly's route & 100%ing the game a few months ago, I stopped. Haven't played since school started. I intend to wait a full year before renewing the feels, but I probably won't get that far.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Brodoin

Post by Brodoin »

I'd like to think I'd replay it. I've replayed several games, and I re-read my favourite books when I don't have new ones, so I have no reason not to.

My only problem is the motivation. First time I did Hanako, Rin, and Emi's paths in less than a week, and I slowed down on Shizune and Lily's (about a week for Shizune, and I got busy during Lily's so it took a little while longer). Back in March and April.

Since I did her first back in March, I replayed Hanako's recently, but it took me a while. I went days between playing.

I wish I could forget the game just so I could go through the game and get the same feels I got from the first time again.

But overall I can see myself playing at least one route once in a while.
Corinlee

Post by Corinlee »

yes, i will play this game in a year or so... maybe even less time then that. I've never played a bishojun game ever, and i can say this proudly.. Katawa Shoujo brings out the true "feels" of any game that i have ever played... it hold's the best plots that i have ever seen, and I've only been playing it for 3-4 days! So, again my answer to your question is yes, I will play this game in a year or so.
the four girls that have touched me most deeply
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

For the foreseeable future, because of commitments I've made to writing related fan-fiction, I'll probably be using it as reference rather than personal enjoyment. Having not actually noticed the game was released until mid-June, the anniversary of my original play-through won't come up until then. With any luck, I'll be long finished with the fan-writing by then, but I wouldn't discount the possibility that I might boot up the VN for a trip down memory lane. Every so often, I find myself playing through old games in my RPG collection, and Katawa Shoujo operates along similar lines; minus the random battles.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Corinlee wrote:yes, i will play this game in a year or so... maybe even less time then that. I've never played a bishojun game ever, and i can say this proudly.. Katawa Shoujo brings out the true "feels" of any game that i have ever played... it hold's the best plots that i have ever seen, and I've only been playing it for 3-4 days! So, again my answer to your question is yes, I will play this game in a year or so.
When you're done, you should check the VN thread. You'll find plenty there to fill the year until KS again. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Corinlee

Post by Corinlee »

Xanatos wrote:
Corinlee wrote:yes, i will play this game in a year or so... maybe even less time then that. I've never played a bishojun game ever, and i can say this proudly.. Katawa Shoujo brings out the true "feels" of any game that i have ever played... it hold's the best plots that i have ever seen, and I've only been playing it for 3-4 days! So, again my answer to your question is yes, I will play this game in a year or so.
When you're done, you should check the VN thread. You'll find plenty there to fill the year until KS again. :P
then i will check it out when im done :smile:

i still have Lilly and Rin's arcs left to play

i also dont want to forget about this game.. cuz i usually do when i stop playing them.
the four girls that have touched me most deeply
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Corinlee wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
then i will check it out when im done :smile:

i still have Lilly and Rin's arcs left to play

i also dont want to forget about this game.. cuz i usually do when i stop playing them.
Can't forget when you've got a forum full of reminders. :lol:
Beanwell

Post by Beanwell »

OtakuNinja wrote:I check these forums at east 30 times each day
...dayum.

Anyways, yes. There's no way I could forget this VN.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

I probably will. The thing is, after what I went through with Lilly, I don't think I'm willing to replay the game cut up into the weekend-sized sections as required. And just the same, I feel like I should give it some time before I dive back in, I don't know if my heart can take it (you see what I did there) if I let the feels build up too much.

Which means, how long before I get to 100% completion will honestly depend on how efficiently I use my school breaks. They'll probably get finished over the summer, if not by then. The other problem is that, while I'm really interested in playing Hanako and Rin's storylines, I'm only a bit interested in... Shizune (her name is CONSTANTLY evading me) and almost completely uninterested in Emi (though she's cute as a button).

Just the same, this game has cemented itself as a part of me, particularly the characters of Lilly and Hanako, and that's something I guarantee I'll want to revisit from time to time.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02