Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Reksho

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Reksho »

I was wondering, is the reason why there haven't been many posts lately because everyone is making good progress with their workouts, or because we're all sitting ducks at home watching TV with a bowl of chips bitching about running. :lol:

Haven't been running for at least a week now myself. Had to pull a couple of all-nighters lately because of homework and just general bad planning. But I will go running tomorrow first thing in the morning. I hope my stamina hasn't faltered too much.

On the flipside, my brains have been running overtime because of school.
Boppin

Post by Boppin »

Last week I started some morning runs after I wake up in the morning, in part thanks to starting Emi's story. You don't know how embarrassed I am to admit that.

I've got severe asthma, so it's incredibly easy for me to get winded. I just finished my morning runs 30 minutes ago and I'm still wheezing up a storm. I don't run too far because my lungs can't handle it, but it's definitely enough for me to feel the effects. It's making me feel better about myself and is becoming a good habit. Eventually I hope to be able to run for longer periods of time, but it's going to be a gradual thing.

On the other hand, I do lots of walking for my work, so that's also helping me get in better shape.
Emibro, Hanabro, Lilly Lover, [Rin KinImage], Feminist, Two-timer
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Reksho wrote:I was wondering, is the reason why there haven't been many posts lately because everyone is making good progress with their workouts, or because we're all sitting ducks at home watching TV with a bowl of chips bitching about running. :lol:
Valid question. :lol: Today's my break day though. (Though my actual schedule has it on Wednesday, I didn't plan said schedule in time.)
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

I did run 30 consecutive minutes already, just not at 10km/h yet (last was 9km/h)
Bad thing is I had a minor surgery in the foot so I can't run for a week or two. Hopefully I'll be able to get back still running as much as I can now.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

It's been more than months now that I'm stuck with Emi's 5K, W5D2. Somehow couldn't push myself to run 21 minutes straight.

Any tips?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Megumeru wrote:It's been more than months now that I'm stuck with Emi's 5K, W5D2. Somehow couldn't push myself to run 21 minutes straight.

Any tips?

I find that if I run at night, and don't push myself past the threshold of exhaustion, I can run nearly indefinitely. Or at least until I get bored. So that might help a little. :p
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Megumeru wrote:It's been more than months now that I'm stuck with Emi's 5K, W5D2. Somehow couldn't push myself to run 21 minutes straight.

Any tips?
I dropped the guide because W4~W5 seemed to be too pushing (to me).
Run as comfortably as you can. Make it 10 minutes + another separate 10 minutes run, or whatever. You don't have to follow the guide if it doesn't suit you nicely. You might take a while longer to get there, but it's not a race (well, uh... it is, but... well you get what I'm saying).
Akros

Post by Akros »

Yo! what's up!
been busy lately with moving back to university, hiring a new ISP and exams in September
so, how ya old doin'?
I have been trying to keep up with my runs and just started the Bridge To 10k this week, and so far, so good, it's tiring, yeah, but it kind of reminds me of when I started the 5k back in April/May :mrgreen:
well, see ya around !
Couch to 5k with Emi progress: Done!!!
W1D123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123
W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
100 push-up challenge : In progress -> W3D12 Last time: 10/12/8/8/14 :P
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Pseudogenesis wrote:

Any tips?

I find that if I run at night, and don't push myself past the threshold of exhaustion, I can run nearly indefinitely. Or at least until I get bored. So that might help a little. :p
you...

...whatever mushroom it is you had that gave you that idea, I want some. It worked like a CHARM!

Well, not exactly.

I skipped W5D3 and ran straight to W6D1. It was surprisingly less tiring that W5D2 which is...odd in its own regard, but whatever works!
Thanks for the help all! Now I'll keep on running :D

SHII-HAEL!
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Megumeru wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:

Any tips?

you...

...whatever mushroom it is you had that gave you that idea, I want some. It worked like a CHARM!

Well, not exactly.

I skipped W5D3 and ran straight to W6D1. It was surprisingly less tiring that W5D2 which is...odd in its own regard, but whatever works!
Thanks for the help all! Now I'll keep on running :D

Which idea, the running at night thing or the pacing yourself thing? Neither are revolutionary ideas, but I simply cannot run in the day because my metabolism only kicks into gear at the end of the day. The cool air definitely helps too. I think the key thing to these schedules is that since they don't involve speed or strenuousness, you can run at any pace you like so long as you're still running. Anyway, glad to have helped!

I'll just remain in my running dry spell over here then. :|
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
DrNonookee

Post by DrNonookee »

I was wondering, is the reason why there haven't been many posts lately because everyone is making good progress with their workouts, or because we're all sitting ducks at home watching TV with a bowl of chips bitching about running?
Can't it be both? :3

I haven't said much in here because my weight-loss strategy doesn't even include exercise - as I mentioned at length in an earlier post, I've been on a diet. And it's working, too. How well, you ask?

The last time I visited the doctor, at the beginning of August, I weighed 393-ish pounds. Two and a half months later, I'm down to 368. :shock: I'm losing around 10 pounds a month from doing nothing other than keeping my appetite in check. It hasn't even been all that *hard*, at least not to me - annoying, sure, but not hard. Mostly it's just a matter of sticking to my strictly-rationed meals and resisting the urge to eat out of boredom.

I was walking around shirtless the other day, and one of the people who lives with me outright asked me if I'd lost weight - apparantly it was that obvious. I BSed them and said their eyes were playing tricks on them. No need for anyone to know my little secret, at least not yet...
Now playing: Final Fantasy 14
Charlotte Donnay - Hyperion server. Look me up sometime!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Well, since I still can't even remotely succeed at W1D1, I'm just starting a 20-minute daily walk this week. Might bump it to 40 next week then try the guide again after that.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

DrNonookee wrote:
I was wondering, is the reason why there haven't been many posts lately because everyone is making good progress with their workouts, or because we're all sitting ducks at home watching TV with a bowl of chips bitching about running?
Can't it be both? :3

Most of my exercises happen 3x a week and has remained stagnant--until last Friday, that is.

My other form of exercise involves stretching my fingers on the keyboard and write/game with what time I have

SHII-HAEL!
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

I am stop running for a long while now but I plan to "rerun" later. So I start push-up using Rin's routine. My push-up is very bad that I can only do that twice and found my arm is tired, and despite I have the motivation to keep doing it. My arms just aren't and I have to give up. I think I recall my mom tells doctor that I have some kind of syndrome that make my arm weak. Can anyone give me some advice how to push-up with this kind of weakness. (I am not asking how to push-up properly. I have read enough of it)
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Little update:

Building up the endurance on the ol' pedal monster (that is, my bicycle). Don't have to take a breather or stop between here and work (1.5 miles), and only have to stop two or three times between here and school (~7 miles). My legs are toughening up, able to pedal for longer without hurting, able to fight higher gears, etc. All in all, doing well so far.

Diet has been a bit lackluster this past while, but I'm starting to get back into the swing of things. I picked up some super healthy meal supplement bars that I'm using for breakfast, and I'm taking multivitamins now too (not the store-bought junk, this is legit stuff from a health store where the guys know their shit. Also, set my wallet back enough to tell me it's REAL).

Also, can't remember if I said this or not but I downsized my work uniform. Went from 4x to 3x for my chef coat (work in a kitchen), and size 46 waist to size 42 waist for work pants. More downsize on the horizon. :)

I'll update my weight again soon, good or bad.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"