?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: how one day blind led me to see more clearly

Post by Xanatos »

ingway wrote:On a separate note I would like to thank everyone for some great conversation. I'm only on my 6th post but I feel like I've been a part of this community for much longer already. Another first ... which is odd considering how many forums I belong to ... and with much more interaction as well.
You're welcome and welcome to the community. :P Sadly, it can get slow at times, which always gets me worried it'll die out.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

I remember doing something like this a while ago. I did an hour mute, an hour deaf, and about 6 or 8 hours blind. It really is very interesting, though challenging considering the shitness of my visual memory.

I love the discussions going on in this topic, by the way. I'd really like to try a sensory deprivation tank as well.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Pseudogenesis wrote:an hour deaf
How'd you manage that?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Xanatos wrote:
How'd you manage that?
Headphones and earplugs, iirc.
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Pseudogenesis wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
How'd you manage that?
Headphones and earplugs, iirc.
Hm. I'm close to deaf with these headphones on but still never quite managed it. :lol: Earplugs might do the trick.
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

Xanatos wrote:Though I'm actually faurly good at typung withoyr sighr. (Which I just did there.)
Not sure if that was sarcastic but that was pretty shitty. =p
Perhaps learning to type blindly could be useful (also much faster).
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Reksho wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Though I'm actually faurly good at typung withoyr sighr. (Which I just did there.)
I was only a few letters off. :lol:
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Xanatos wrote:
Reksho wrote:
I was only a few letters off. :lol:
better tgab u ciykd di

(That's me trying to blind type "better than I can do." I'm amazed I got one entire word correct).
Not Dead Yet
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Oddball wrote:better tgab u ciykd di

(That's me trying to blind type "better than I can do." I'm amazed I got one entire word correct).
Now that was kinda shitty. :lol: To be fair, I have the keyboard semi-memorized on account of my palsy forces a hunt-and-peck approach to typing. I'm in the process of converting my keyboard into not-actual-braille-but-it's-good-enough-for-me for a day spent blind.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

My attempt at blind typing:

"Voila! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and fvillain bye thecissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the Vox Populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visiation of a bygone vexation stands bibified and has vowed to vanquire the virulent vermin vanguarding and vouchsafing the violent and voracious violation of volition!

The only verdict is vengeance, a Vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the view that will one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

Heh, verily this vichyssouise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it is a very good honour to meet you and you may call me V."

- V, "V for Vendetta"

Made a few errors and misspelled vichyssoise, but overall more coherent than some can manage with their eyes open. :p You'all should take a typing class, I couldn't imagine typing any other way.

And yes, I do know that monologue by heart.

ingway

?

Post by ingway »

?
Last edited by ingway on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ingway

?

Post by ingway »

?
Last edited by ingway on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

ingway wrote:also:

Awesome.

FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Wow. That's deep. I'll have to find a situation wherein I can try that.
I also envy you for being able to dream of Lilly. I need to work on that whole controlling-my-dreams thing, but I don't seem to be getting far.

Hmm. New project: learning to read braille, both by sight and touch.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02