Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Auratus

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Auratus »

I stop running for a while now. Because semester is ended and I have to focus on study to admission test. and I don't know where to run without awkward feeling. Before I stopped. I fail to complete W4D1 and wasted after second 3 min jog. I think I will start running W2 and many round of W3 to gain enough stamina to do W4. Any advice?
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

I've read about that. It seems to increase physical performance and can even alter your mood. I'm not too sure about isolating this from my diet for the sole purpose of improving my workout, but I'll look into it.
can't really say it improves my workout, and it isn't supposed to do it anyway, just the mood. l-tryptophan is the precursor for serotonin and melatonin, so if the bad mood is a result of low serotonin levels, this might help. it helps me (either this way or the way of placebo, i don't know). the trick is supposed to take it on an empty stomach before the workout because l-tryptophan does not compete well with other amino acids so taken with food other amino acids get the priority.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
basmimarsinan

Post by basmimarsinan »

Auratus wrote:I stop running for a while now. Because semester is ended and I have to focus on study to admission test. and I don't know where to run without awkward feeling. Before I stopped. I fail to complete W4D1 and wasted after second 3 min jog. I think I will start running W2 and many round of W3 to gain enough stamina to do W4. Any advice?
I ran W4D1 on Sunday last week. It was considerably exhausting than the previous weeks. Though I could do 40 seconds of extra jogging after the last 5 minutes. My friend could only run 3 minutes of the last 5 minutes. We have repeated W3 exercises 4 times instead of 3 times. I guess that helped; repeating the previous weeks would probably work. Still I had to skip W4D2 yesterday as I was still tired and a little sick. It felt pretty bad, not being able to run.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Yeah I had issues with W4 as well at first. It's quite a jump from W3, I think.
basmimarsinan

Post by basmimarsinan »

I'm actually more concerned about the jump from W5D2 to W5D3. However, I still have a little hope. So far, even if it was barely, I could keep up with the schedule. I guess they wouldn't have arranged it that way if it wasn't possible for an average person to complete it.
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

First time gone running in the rain this morning.

Slipped up and fell down flat on my face. :lol:
But aside from the slippery roads, running in the rain is awesome.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

1) Ripped 'Hokabi ' (a.k.a. Emi's running music) from Youtube.

2) Create a 20 minute loop of Hokabi.

3) Splice verbal cues ("Walk", "Jog") into the music at the appropriate time intervals.

4) Sync to iPhone.

Tomorrow, I'll attempt to begin week one.

Then on week two, I'll have to spend some time on my break day to create a new music loop using the corresponding time intervals.

Update: Wow. That was a fiasco. Truly disappointing. Almost as soon as I started running, my legs gave way. Decided to just walk a bit and ended up quitting after five minutes. I haven't been sleeping too well lately and I didn't eat beforehand, so it might've just been an energy issue. Treating this one as a fluke. Will re-attempt after a few days of proper sleep and whatnot.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
ook

Post by ook »

It could just be a fluke; same thing happened to me yesterday. I got all prepared to go for a run, and then within the first minute I was like "holy jesus my legs can't keep this up :x" and went back inside.

But today I went for the same run and was completely fine.
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

Just don't let this ''fluke'' get in the way of your motivation.
Remember, a bad workout is always better than no workout.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Reksho wrote:Just don't let this ''fluke'' get in the way of your motivation.
Remember, a bad workout is always better than no workout.
Yeah...I ended up basically napping on and off the rest of the day on account of barely sleeping the night before. Same thing happened today, I woke up about 7:30 PM. My nights haven't been the best lately...I got some pills for that though.

And just in case it isn't a fluke and I actually am just in worse condition than I thought, I'm already planning out a week or two to work up to week one.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Xanatos wrote:Update: Wow. That was a fiasco. Truly disappointing. Almost as soon as I started running, my legs gave way. Decided to just walk a bit and ended up quitting after five minutes. I haven't been sleeping too well lately and I didn't eat beforehand, so it might've just been an energy issue. Treating this one as a fluke. Will re-attempt after a few days of proper sleep and whatnot.
I can't stress enough how much prepping beforehand helps me. Getting enough sleep, feeling 'in the mood' for a run and eating enough and the right foods beforehand makes the difference for me between managing to run for the full distance in a session, and giving up after the first few minutes.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Good and bad news.

Bad news: I still couldn't run. It's not just my energy though. My shoes and the terrain (a grassy field) are pretty lousy. I ended up just spending the twenty minutes on a walk after my legs gave in during the initial run. Not a jog or a brisk walk, but a casual, nothing sort of walk. Not really a workout. And my body runs hot naturally, a problem heavily exacerbated by my being overweight, so combine that with the external heat of the sun and extra heat generated by exercise and I wasn't feeling the best.

Good news: It wasn't a complete fiasco. I did walk, even if it's useless. And my muscles weren't completely devoid of energy this time.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Xanatos wrote:1) Ripped 'Hokabi ' (a.k.a. Emi's running music) from Youtube.

2) Create a 20 minute loop of Hokabi.

3) Splice verbal cues ("Walk", "Jog") into the music at the appropriate time intervals.

4) Sync to iPhone.

Tomorrow, I'll attempt to begin week one.

Then on week two, I'll have to spend some time on my break day to create a new music loop using the corresponding time intervals.

Update: Wow. That was a fiasco. Truly disappointing. Almost as soon as I started running, my legs gave way. Decided to just walk a bit and ended up quitting after five minutes. I haven't been sleeping too well lately and I didn't eat beforehand, so it might've just been an energy issue. Treating this one as a fluke. Will re-attempt after a few days of proper sleep and whatnot.
I did something similar, using music to aid your running is generally a good idea. Instead of Hokabi and sound editing I used the bad ass Led Zeppelin II album, and I would walk or run according to the part of the song. Something like: I'll run 10 minutes until the end of What Is and What Should Never Be and then I'll walk for 2 minutes until the first solo of Lemon Song".

This made running easy, but now thanks to mental conditioning every time I listen to The Lemon Song i have the urge to run.
Althamus wrote: I can't stress enough how much prepping beforehand helps me. Getting enough sleep, feeling 'in the mood' for a run and eating enough and the right foods beforehand makes the difference for me between managing to run for the full distance in a session, and giving up after the first few minutes.
Usually rage makes me run faster or longer, after a stressful day at work I tend to do better at the tracks. When i tried to run on a weekend it was considerably harder and i was tired from a longer time.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

Xanatos wrote:Good news: It wasn't a complete fiasco. I did walk, even if it's useless. And my muscles weren't completely devoid of energy this time.
Walking is never useless. It helped me to lose the first 30 kilograms. Without it I'd be in a wheelchair now.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Tomate wrote:The Lemon Song
Heh. Lemons.