The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

OtakuNinja

Re: Why am i feeling so hard?

Post by OtakuNinja »

djuroi wrote:The thing is, i dont still "love" her, it just came as a shocking realization that when the game ended i knew i had loved her, this sudden shock confused me, making me feel a mix of emotions. I just don't understand how i fell for a fictional character, one moment i just wanted to hold her the next i was realizing shes not real and the emotions associated with her weren't real either.
2D beats 3D with horse lengths. ;)

But, as I said earlier, you should play her bad end to get rid of the feels. Afterwards, you might be able to move on to the other routes. I recommend you do Shizune's last, since it's commonly refered to as the "worst" of the routes. ;)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
djuroi

Post by djuroi »

i can't bring myself to see Emi's bad end, i just can't, its almost like the feeling you get when your girlfriend dumps you, and you keep remembering the great times you had together but regret seeing her face because it saddens you. I feel like i have an emotional weight on my shoulders.
Emi <3
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

djuroi wrote:i can't bring myself to see Emi's bad end, i just can't, its almost like the feeling you get when your girlfriend dumps you, and you keep remembering the great times you had together but regret seeing her face because it saddens you. I feel like i have an emotional weight on my shoulders.
I know the feeling. I'm currently struggling with Lilly's bad end. One chapter each day.

Maybe you could do Rin's route? She's pretty close to Emi.
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

OtakuNinja wrote:Play her bad end. That should help you move on to the other girls. :)
Seconded. I got Emi's good end first too. But after mixing up some save files and eventually getting the bad end, it underscores the fact that it's all a game.

Though I will say this: even though the story is fake, your feelings ARE real. They are only directed in the ''wrong'' direction. It's perfectly normal to feel something emotional when experiencing fictional stories. But bear this in mind, the reason that you feel anything in the first place, is because it resonated with you. And that resonance has its roots within events in your own life. That's where you should start looking.
Out-All Knight

Post by Out-All Knight »

Channel your feels to do some great for yourself or maybe for everyone. After that, complete the other routes.

It'll give you the perspective of each character that you can't see on either their own routes or on the others.
RecoiL

Post by RecoiL »

Am I the only one who thought "boner" when they saw the thread title?
Image Gluehuffers, all of you.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

RecoiL wrote:Am I the only one who thought "boner" when they saw the thread title?
Yes you are.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

djuroi wrote:i can't bring myself to see Emi's bad end, i just can't, its almost like the feeling you get when your girlfriend dumps you, and you keep remembering the great times you had together but regret seeing her face because it saddens you. I feel like i have an emotional weight on my shoulders.
OK, First Aid time :)

Take the feels and embrace them, and channel them into something constructive and positive.

Many people have taken up running, reading, new classes, music, etc. Basically think about something that you've wanted to do before but never had the courage or motivation to follow through on. Use the feels to grab your project by the horns and make it your own. Make your girl proud as you move forward and improve yourself. Success breeds success, and pretty soon you will find the now inner you ding things that you never dared to dream about. That's the real power of KS!

Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

djuroi wrote:I went down the Emi path with no walkthroughs or guides and got the good ending.
Try a guide. There are two ways to get her good end, and the less obvious one is arguably better. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Well, here's my usual cure usually.

reread the route.
No, seriously, reread them until you fully grasp her character. I reread Shizune's route right after I finish her story--still doing the same thing now TBH. And I know that feel; the moment you went into another girl's arc and you met the first girl of your arc...

...and you didn't understand a thing she said or do.

you didn't UNDERSTAND A THING.

that, TBH, frustrated me almost endlessly right after I start Emi, then Hanako, Rin, and Lilly's arc. When Shizune came up what I had going in my head was "why can't we talk like we usually do? You tease me, I tease you back, etc. with a language only both of us (discounting Misha) understand?". yes, it frustrates you.

after you reread the arc, then write a fanfic or read one. If it's overwhelming, go play some multiplayer online game like TF2, DotA2, WoT, WoWP or what-not and channel that energy as your fuel to smite your enemies with the power of FEELS!
...that, or bottle of beer.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

feels.jpg thread? feels.jpg thread.

The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
djuroi

Post by djuroi »

Thanks for all the advice guys. I think i understand now, i feel so much for Emi because im a slacker, i've never done anything to my fullest and i've always never tried as hard as i could in anything, from school work to hobbies. Emi had made me realize this and it had given me inspiration to try harder and to stick up for myself rather then not do anything and let it all slip away slowly. This being said, im going to finish all the routes, and im just starting Lilly's now.
Emi <3
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

djuroi wrote:This being said, im going to finish all the routes, and im just starting Lilly's now.
Enjoy it. It's the best route in the game! :D
yummines

Post by yummines »

try the Rin route

them feels bro.

it's my personal favorite, though mainly because of Rin. Hisao is kind of dumb in this route, and Nomiya is that character everyone loves to hate.
Reksho

Post by Reksho »

djuroi wrote:Thanks for all the advice guys. I think i understand now, i feel so much for Emi because im a slacker, i've never done anything to my fullest and i've always never tried as hard as i could in anything, from school work to hobbies. Emi had made me realize this and it had given me inspiration to try harder and to stick up for myself rather then not do anything and let it all slip away slowly.
This is why I love the game, it can be more of a reality check than even a professional therapist can give you. Keep holding onto that inspiration and you will live a better life.