The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Zezin

Re: What KS really did.

Post by Zezin »

Snow_Storm wrote:What a funny phase. The only victims in a suicide is those left behind. Suicide is for weak minded people who given up on life instead of growing a pair.
And that was the logic I was using when I said that.

Anyway... for anyone here who still gives to craps about me (honestly I whine a lot so I don't expect anyone to)
The big sister figure I mentioned earlier we had an encounter with each other. I will just recap how it went.

She tried to talk to me, I blew her off. She asked me what was wrong and I told her that I felt she was just "another one of them" I was referring to people who just want to help the "special" kid to clear their own conscience. After some petty arguing on the subject I just fell on my knees crying (I am so glad it was 1st hour so everyone was too tired to give a fuck) and then she hugged me. It looked a lot like the scene when Hisao hugged Hanako while she was crying, except she hugged me from the front. I just buried my face in her chest and cried for a few minutes (again at any other time of the day I would've made a scene).

So yeah that's one person back in my small circle of friends.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Keep hanging in there man. You are stepping in the right direction.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Zezin wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote:What a funny phase. The only victims in a suicide is those left behind. Suicide is for weak minded people who given up on life instead of growing a pair.
And that was the logic I was using when I said that.

Anyway... for anyone here who still gives to craps about me (honestly I whine a lot so I don't expect anyone to)
The big sister figure I mentioned earlier we had an encounter with each other. I will just recap how it went.

She tried to talk to me, I blew her off. She asked me what was wrong and I told her that I felt she was just "another one of them" I was referring to people who just want to help the "special" kid to clear their own conscience. After some petty arguing on the subject I just fell on my knees crying (I am so glad it was 1st hour so everyone was too tired to give a fuck) and then she hugged me. It looked a lot like the scene when Hisao hugged Hanako while she was crying, except she hugged me from the front. I just buried my face in her chest and cried for a few minutes (again at any other time of the day I would've made a scene).

So yeah that's one person back in my small circle of friends.

This can be hard, i'm speaking from experience here, but you really should give people a chance. Even if it leads to occasional negative experiences, cutting yourself off from friends and family is bad for your head. But, if you've made a start than i may just be stating the blindingly obvious to you. Eh, still, i've been in a similar rough patches during my mid teens, somehow it feels wrong of me to see this but not offer some advice as someone who got through those years relatively sane.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

You might want to check out the Missing Stars forum at http://www.somnovastudios.org/forum

MS is "KS with mental disorders" so there are a lot of people with various disorders, including some who have been in a school environment like yours (including at least 1 dev; about 1/3 of the devs have mental disorders).

There's even a thread for people to talk about disorders here: http://somnovastudios.org/forum/viewtop ... f=34&t=352

They're all pretty much KS fans too.
Zezin

Post by Zezin »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:You might want to check out the Missing Stars forum at http://www.somnovastudios.org/forum

MS is "KS with mental disorders" so there are a lot of people with various disorders, including some who have been in a school environment like yours (including at least 1 dev; about 1/3 of the devs have mental disorders).

There's even a thread for people to talk about disorders here: http://somnovastudios.org/forum/viewtop ... f=34&t=352

They're all pretty much KS fans too.
I'm not entirely sure how I'd handle it though. I have already made therapy useless because of my repressed memories. I'm afraid of how I'd react to something that hit closer to home.I'll try it but if I lose it, I'll be holding you to my trauma.
djuroi

Why am i feeling so hard?

Post by djuroi »

I just finished Katawa Shoujo, and i can't stop myself from constantly looking back on it. I went down the Emi path with no walkthroughs or guides and got the good ending. Whenever i try and start a new game to try Lilly's path i just cant do it, i feel as though Emi has forgotten me after everything we have been through, i know its just a game but i cant stop myself from feeling as though it was all real and Emi had an actual bond with me. It sounds stupid if i try to tell someone because it just sounds as though i'm crazy. Did anyone else feel like this? Lost and happy, sad and confused? Why does it feel like i actually knew Emi even though she's just an anime character? WTF is happening to me!?
Emi <3
Megumeru

Re: Why am i feeling so hard?

Post by Megumeru »

Welp, call the medical team! We have a case of FEELS that needs attention STAT.

Don't worry bud, it's normal. Most people here went through that phase after one route or another.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
djuroi

Post by djuroi »

But every time i see a picture of Emi, i feel as though i have some real bond with her, making it impossible to replay the game for another route.
Emi <3
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Welcome to KS!

You're in the right place :)

As far as your first route, there is no hurry to move on. Enjoy it and savor it like a fine sipping wine. Eventually the time will come when you can try a new route, but until then just bask in the experience.. try some Emi fan-fiction and fan art -- there is a ton around in many websites or find it via google. Basically just ride the wave!
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

Enjoy your new waifu
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Play her bad end. That should help you move on to the other girls. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

First things first: you're not alone. Many people have a reaction very similar to this.

That said, it's important to do the other paths: it'll help you reestablish the emotional distance you're looking for. At the very least I recommend going for Hanako's bad ending. Her path is short, you won't see Emi much, and that particular bad ending carries a certain importance that the other path/ending combinations don't. Though I should warn you that although each playthrough gets easier than the last, Hanako's bad ending hits hard.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
djuroi

Post by djuroi »

I think i understand why im feeling so hard. While playing the game i was forming a bond with the character Emi, however i didnt notice it at the time. When the game ended ant the credits rolled i realized i had formed a bond, only for it to be taken away from me. I feel like a part of me is missing. I mean, ive always thought while watching an anime "hey, shes cute" or "hey, shes really funny", but ive never been like "no, dont go, i need you", am i crazy or is this normal as well?
Emi <3
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

djuroi wrote:I think i understand why im feeling so hard. While playing the game i was forming a bond with the character Emi, however i didnt notice it at the time. When the game ended ant the credits rolled i realized i had formed a bond, only for it to be taken away from me. I feel like a part of me is missing. I mean, ive always thought while watching an anime "hey, shes cute" or "hey, shes really funny", but ive never been like "no, dont go, i need you", am i crazy or is this normal as well?
You're asking if having a waifu is normal?

It depends on who you're asking. I'd say it's perfectly fine, seeing as I have 15. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
djuroi

Post by djuroi »

The thing is, i dont still "love" her, it just came as a shocking realization that when the game ended i knew i had loved her, this sudden shock confused me, making me feel a mix of emotions. I just don't understand how i fell for a fictional character, one moment i just wanted to hold her the next i was realizing shes not real and the emotions associated with her weren't real either.
Emi <3