Road Trip!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Sgt_Frog

Road Trip!

Post by Sgt_Frog »

It's summer vacation (I'm pretty sure they have that in Japan, right?) and Hisao feels the need to travel. Of course, being the nice guy he is (heh heh), he decides to ask some other friends and classmates along for the ride. So! Where do they go? What will they do? How will two guys (Kenji wasn't invited, he just stowed away on the van to 'give Hisao a hand against the feminists') and six girls react to sitting in a van for long periods of time? How screwed are they when Hisao gets tired of driving? Do the others even have a driving license?
OtakuNinja

Re: Road Trip!

Post by OtakuNinja »

Kenji would be the one driving since Hisao could die any moment and the Feminists can't be trusted. :)
They'd bring Lilly, Hanako, Akira, Yuuko, Emi and Rin, since the student council is busy as always. :lol:
I think they should drive to the airport, take the next plane to Sweden, and then visit the beautiful island Öland. ;)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

OtakuNinja wrote:Kenji would be the one driving since Hisao could die any moment and the Feminists can't be trusted. :)
They'd bring Lilly, Hanako, Akira, Yuuko, Emi and Rin, since the student council is busy as always. :lol:
I think they should drive to the airport, take the next plane to Sweden, and then visit the beautiful island Öland. ;)
but Kenji is legally blind
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Eraser35 wrote:
OtakuNinja wrote:Kenji would be the one driving since Hisao could die any moment and the Feminists can't be trusted. :)
but Kenji is legally blind
Yeah, but he's Kenji so that wouldn't stop him. :P
Let's say Yuuko is the driver instead. Feel better? :)
Trivun

Post by Trivun »

Okay, this sounds like the most crazy yet awesome idea for a fanfic I've sen for ages. If nobody beats me to it (though I'm calling IP-theft-dibs now ;D) I'll have to write this as a proper fanfic, whether as a one-shot or as a series. It would have to wait until my Hanako arc POV fic is done, of course, and that will take a long time, but still...

As for my thoughts, Kenji would want to drive but there's no way the others would let him given his eyesight, and his... eccentricities... If they could all fit I see no reason why Hisao wouldn't invite pretty much the entire main cast, so all five girls plus Misha plus Yuuko, but he'd have to hire a proper minivan or minibus for them all to travel. It would be interesting to see how Lilly and Shizune react, or whether they'd unite against Kenji's oddity. Yes... I see potential here... ;)

Xbox Live: Trivun117
Steam: Trivun
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Don't know if you guys watch any Korean TVs but....

2DAYS1NIGHT!!

But why drive when you have a bullet train to take you anywhere in the main island?
Anyway,

Hisao was tired? Need a replacement? Let's pick the calmest character to take his place!
Lilly!
Wait, that's not right.

Kenji! With him behind the wheels, Hisao is free to have his heart attack as they drive with mach speed in 'Hell's Highway' under the courtesy of a near-sighted half-blind man behind the wheels!

How exciting!
The theme of the road trip would be...
8)
...Final Destination

YEEEAAAAAAAHHHH
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

You made me think of 'Initial K' from the fan art forum. :lol:
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Trivun wrote:Okay, this sounds like the most crazy yet awesome idea for a fanfic I've sen for ages. If nobody beats me to it (though I'm calling IP-theft-dibs now ;D) I'll have to write this as a proper fanfic, whether as a one-shot or as a series. It would have to wait until my Hanako arc POV fic is done, of course, and that will take a long time, but still...
Not to rain on your parade, but you might want to look up the age required for getting a driving license in Japan and perhaps the associated restrictions for people suffering from cardiac diseases.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Magnenntae

Post by Magnenntae »

Silentcook wrote:
Trivun wrote:Okay, this sounds like the most crazy yet awesome idea for a fanfic I've sen for ages. If nobody beats me to it (though I'm calling IP-theft-dibs now ;D) I'll have to write this as a proper fanfic, whether as a one-shot or as a series. It would have to wait until my Hanako arc POV fic is done, of course, and that will take a long time, but still...
Not to rain on your parade, but you might want to look up the age required for getting a driving license in Japan and perhaps the associated restrictions for people suffering from cardiac diseases.
Not many people in KS seem to care about rules, or laws. 8)
Trivun

Post by Trivun »

Silentcook wrote:
Good point :). Not sure Kenji would care too much about all that though, but research is always fun to do :D

Xbox Live: Trivun117
Steam: Trivun
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

Silentcook wrote:
And what about the others?

An armless person can legally drive (at least in the United States. Video proof: so Rin COULD drive, but probably won't due to her, well, odd mindset. Can't/Won't concentrate on the road and such.

Emi could drive as well, she just has to glance down every once in a while to see where she's placing her feet.

Shizune might be able to drive. I mean, she is capable of driving a car, but mirrors only cover so much area....

Misha, yes. Though she might annoy the other passengers by playing ridiculous songs on the radio.

Hanako, maybe. Again, while she is capable of driving a car, she'll shut down at the first sign of an angry driver.

That just leaves Lilly, who can't drive.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

That's why Yuuko should be the driver and the student council should be left at Yamaku. :lol:
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Wait, Japan has summer vacations in their schools and/or jobs?
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Snow_Storm wrote:Wait, Japan has summer vacations in their schools and/or jobs?
She has two part time jobs, so someone else could stand in for her. :)
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Snow_Storm wrote:Wait, Japan has summer vacations in their schools and/or jobs?
Summer vacations that last about 4-8 weeks or so, yeah.

But jobs? Nope.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story