Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Enemy |

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Enemy | »

Did the lifting/stuff first today, got some heavier weights too. I didn't feel much difference in strength, to be honest, though it did seem like I could do the exercises, uhm, easier than usual. I do a 3-sets-of-15 kinda thing, and usually by the last set my muscles would be calling quits, but today it went pretty smoothly. The running, on the other hand, felt like crap at first because my arms were hurting, but when I got to about half of it I started feeling good again because of the runner's high so eh.
I think I'll take your advice and keep the running at the last part now. Thanks.
Kadadj

Post by Kadadj »

though it did seem like I could do the exercises, uhm, easier than usual.
That's the definition of getting stronger dummy. :D
RecoiL

Post by RecoiL »

By the way, am I the only one who does not get runner's high?
Image Gluehuffers, all of you.
Kadadj

Post by Kadadj »

RecoiL wrote:By the way, am I the only one who does not get runner's high?
I think you need to get to the point where you have enough stamina to acquire it. You need to get to the point where your muscles are so sore that your body will release the endorphins or whatever. That's why people cut themselves, to get that response. At least, thats my deduction from what I know about physiology and psychology.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

I didn't get it at first either, just generally felt satisfied with myself that I finished. As soon as I started running more though, I did get it.
basmimarsinan

Post by basmimarsinan »

We got to complete week 1 day 2 the other evening. It turned out to be a little more difficult than the day 1, probably because of the long school day we had during the day. Forgetting we would go running, I had eaten quite a bit before running too. It didn't take me so long to figure out that it wasn't a good idea. We managed to complete the exercise without any problems though. We'll be going for week 1 day 3 tonight. I hope it doesn't rain.
RecoiL

Post by RecoiL »

Kadadj wrote:I think you need to get to the point where you have enough stamina to acquire it. You need to get to the point where your muscles are so sore that your body will release the endorphins or whatever. That's why people cut themselves, to get that response. At least, thats my deduction from what I know about physiology and psychology.
Enemy | wrote:I didn't get it at first either, just generally felt satisfied with myself that I finished. As soon as I started running more though, I did get it.
Well, all I know about runner's high is that it leads to the release of endorphins which induce happiness and sometimes euforia, and lead to the lessesning of physical pain. I'm also pretty sure the release of endorphins has a lot to do with depriving the brain of oxygen.
I have only one day left from the program, and so far I've only had the effect of pain in my muscles and/or knees and ankles lessening or dissapearing. Other than that I only get the sense of satisfaction and relief when I finish the run. In other words, nothing I can really call a high.
Image Gluehuffers, all of you.
HelpingHans

Post by HelpingHans »

Hey guys just an update here. To be honest I haven't really been stricted enough with myself and keep the running going ever other morning. I did it for about 2 weeks and then kinda stopped. One of the reasons is that I find it hard to keep a routine going snice I havent got college any more and I tend to go to bed at different times every night :lol: . Another reason is that I heard running in the mornings is actually bad for you! Apprently it is better to go running early in the afternoon as you're not damaging you immune system. Anyway I think I might give it another go but this time force myself to run at 2pm everyday for a short while. Does any1 have any tips for keeping to it?
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

HelpingHans wrote:Hey guys just an update here. To be honest I haven't really been stricted enough with myself and keep the running going ever other morning. I did it for about 2 weeks and then kinda stopped. One of the reasons is that I find it hard to keep a routine going snice I havent got college any more and I tend to go to bed at different times every night :lol: . Another reason is that I heard running in the mornings is actually bad for you! Apprently it is better to go running early in the afternoon as you're not damaging you immune system. Anyway I think I might give it another go but this time force myself to run at 2pm everyday for a short while. Does any1 have any tips for keeping to it?
Wait, how the crap would morning runs damage your immune system?
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

@HelpingHans
I am unaware of any damage to the immune system from running in the morning other than perhaps exposure from physical strain while in the cold of early morning but even that is not really anything most of the time. As for keep at it what kept me going is having made that decision to keep doing it as a matter of fact sort of thing and seeing other people going out and doing things as well here.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
basmimarsinan

Post by basmimarsinan »

So we have completed week 2 day 1 yesterday night with my friend. This time I was a little tired. Still it feels great. The weather is getting cold but I at least hope to complete week 3 before we give a winter break.

The only problem now is I haven't found an efficient way of keeping track of time. I used the timer of my watch during the first week but now that there are half minutes involved, it no longer of help. I really don't want to keep my eyes on the stopwatch of my watch while running as it affects my running form negatively and it's difficult to follow as we're running at night. I also don't want to run with earphones in my ears, especially when it's a music I didn't like. So the tracks linked in the first post won't work either. If anyone has a bright idea regarding this, I would love to hear about it.
Kadadj

Post by Kadadj »

Does anyone have any tips regarding actually keeping up with the running? I feel good afterwards, but I find it hard to actually get out of my room and go running. Plus, I feel like a retard when I do so. It's stupid I know, but I still feel self conscious about running.
ook

Post by ook »

Kadadj wrote:Does anyone have any tips regarding actually keeping up with the running? I feel good afterwards, but I find it hard to actually get out of my room and go running. Plus, I feel like a retard when I do so. It's stupid I know, but I still feel self conscious about running.
That's the hardest part, yep.
For me, seeing progress made me want to keep going. If you just stick it out for the first couple weeks, then you start to really notice that you can run longer than you could before. It actually works. That's when I got hooked and started looking forward to running.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

ook wrote: For me, seeing progress made me want to keep going. If you just stick it out for the first couple weeks, then you start to really notice that you can run longer than you could before. It actually works. That's when I got hooked and started looking forward to running.
Same. As an introvert, I found it also helped to find a running route with little traffic and nice scenery. Both made it a lot easier to get out and go.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
Kadadj

Post by Kadadj »

Hoitash wrote:
ook wrote: For me, seeing progress made me want to keep going. If you just stick it out for the first couple weeks, then you start to really notice that you can run longer than you could before. It actually works. That's when I got hooked and started looking forward to running.
Same. As an introvert, I found it also helped to find a running route with little traffic and nice scenery. Both made it a lot easier to get out and go.
Yeah, that's my biggest problem. I want tranquility, not cars and people everywhere. Ugh.