Stranded on a deserted island. Who do you want with you?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Who do you want with you if you are stranded on a deserted island?

Akira
14%
Emi
10%
Hanako
19%
Kenji
5%
Lilly
10%
Miki
4%
Misha
4%
Nurse
9%
Mutou
4%
Rin
8%
Shizune
9%
Yuuko
2%
Someone else
2%
No one else
1%

Total votes: 167

sporkaganza

Re: Stranded on a deserted island. Who do you want with you

Post by sporkaganza »

This question is silly anyway. if I was really on a deserted island I'd want a first mate, a skipper, a millionaire and his wife, a movie star, a professor, and Mary Ann.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

I picked Les Stroud as my "Someone else" option, because that's all I need.

Why pack survival tools when you can bring a survival expert instead?
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Misha. Because it's deserted and we need some liveliness up in this bitch. And her drills may be a floatation device.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Xanatos wrote:And her drills may be a floatation device.

And thus, a fanart was born.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Pseudogenesis wrote:
Xanatos wrote:And her drills may be a floatation device.

And thus, a fanart was born.
That was my hope for it...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Why's there no 'Wilson' in the list? He's a perfect companion if you're cast away in some island somewhere :(

Other than that, Shizune. If I'm stuck on an island, I need someone with a strong will to survive, is reliable, and optimistic with the chance of rescue even if it isn't coming for the next five years--Shizune just fits the bill perfectly.

But when I think about it...this is pretty interesting. Almost remind me of 'Oregon Trail' game for some reason...
Misha isn't such a bad choice--she can be pretty lively and keep you company and will keep your morale high for awhile. Emi's legs will wear off and you will have to care for her if wounds are opened, so it depends. Hanako isn't a bad choice either, though it will take a much longer time to adjust than normal. Rin can go about 50:50, but her own capability to assist you is limited to how well she use her legs. Lilly is a definite no-no, as aside from how she'll probably keep you entertained at night you will have to take care of her 24/7--this includes foraging, fishing, exploration, etc. If she even wandered off for a bit, who knows where you'll find her--probably in the belly of a fish or a tiger you have for lunch.

Nurse is probably the best choice. If he has knowledge of traditional medicine, then you can ward off sickness until rescue comes over. Mutou isn't too bad either and would probably work well as your other company more than the others. Akira would work similarly with Mutou, but she's probably more keen on exploring the island. Miki and Yuuko...I'm not so sure.

Kenji will drive you insane. He's interesting, sure, but if you have to spend the next say 8 months with him--and him alone--your chances of getting out with your sanity intact is pretty slim.

the things you write when you're bored...
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Jigoro
Even though he is a douche, he is my choice. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
RecoiL

Post by RecoiL »

Well, in perfectly logical thinking, any member of the Hakamichi or Satou families is a good idea because they seem to be the richest and are most likely to start a full-scale search for us. I have an incredibly limited ASL dictionary and JSL is out of the question, and I don't like Hideaki much, so Hakamichi is out.

First I was thinking Lilly because LILLY, because taking care of two people is hardly much more work than taking care of myself, and provided the island has decent resourses I will be more than capable to do it. Then I decided in the long term Lilly wouldn't be able to do much to help in a completely new and wild environment, and would probably get sad about being too dependant on me. So I considered Akira, as she seems pretty damn handy and capable, and she'll definetly make for good company.

Then I though, what the hell, the Satou family wouldn't waste much time in finding their daughter, be she blind or not. And either way, Lilly isn't one to get depressed over something like this, she would just push her will and adapt as best as she can.

In other words I'm picking Lilly for the company and for a quick rescue, but for sheer practicality I would pick Akira, for pretty much the same reasons.

EDIT: I also considered the nurse, he's a real bro, and could come in handy in some situations.Then I decided, he wouldn't be able to help much without any real medical suplies so I decided on preventing injury instead on relying on him.
Image Gluehuffers, all of you.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

So who voted no one else?

Considering you'll be trapped in a deserted island for a long time, you might end up...

SHII-HAEL!
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
starfighter9

Post by starfighter9 »

My vote goes to Hanako, considering how she spends all her time reading she will likely have the best general knowledge of all KS characters. I was considering Mutou for similar reasons, but in case of non-rescue Hanako wins. I find it funny though how Hisao the main character himself doesn't have an option.
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

Be the first to vote Rin. Quite impulsive and regreting it. At least, unlike Emi, You wouldn't have to worry about prosthetic which I doubt you will find any substitute there. (I am one who don't want to see legless girl crawling, You know.) Lilly? Well... She's blind. and even her hearing is sharp I still think both sight and hearing is essential for survival. She is quite headstrong too which also cut Shizune out. But I think she would be second person I'll bring. She would be best worker/leader around. If you want to make sure help will get to you fast. I think Misha's laugh can attract attention to any quiet ship within two mile. Other than that, No. Hanako might be good choice. But if she freak out, Well... I don't sure if I can bring her back.
After thinking carefully, Nurse is probably the best choice. He is medical man and can certainly knows how to prevent small infection to be lethal. Miki too is qute good with athelete's stamina and pretty useful in anything. I don't think to knows burning wood in oxygen air will provide heat,water and CO2 will help. But Mutou might have some idea about machinary thing. I rather die in shipwreck if I have to end up with either Kenji or Jigoro. Akira is pretty all-rounded and with business connection she could call help from outside. Hideaki is not quite useful in term of survival. I am quite lazy to write about other character.

Rin might not look good in survivability. But if she happen to wear long-sleeved shirt and/or found any long rope. She can carry things too. Her attitude toward the world can sync with mine and would help to not depressed by stranding. She eats fewer than other and apparently can live with that. If either of us bored she can draw in beach and I might watch it. Her drawing is quite hard proof that there are human here and if there are no help. We mght found Kingdom of Rinland there.

edit: @starfighter9 Perhap "Hisao" is hardly pinpointed as what he is. Because there are 5 type of Hisao for each girl and another for Act 1. and I wouldn't choose him as he require some medicine to stay alive and I don't sure how to do with him if he is dying or dead.
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
ACSephiroth

Post by ACSephiroth »

I would vote Hanako, since if she can get over the whole plane crash thing, she would most likely do everything she can to prove that she can take care of herself to me. Nurse would be a close second for the medical experience and being a bro in general.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

OtakuNinja wrote:Jigoro
Even though he is a douche, he is my choice. :)
If the poll had allowed 1 more option, it would have been Jigoro. I tried adding him when I started the poll, but it would not let me. In my mind I had him tramping through the jungle, using his wooden sword as a machette, and bringing home a wild boar for dinner every night :D
starfighter9 wrote: I find it funny though how Hisao the main character himself doesn't have an option.
My thought there was that he is actually one of the most delicate of the disabled students. I didn't think that he would last very long without meds, so I didn't see him as a viable option on a short list of 14. I hope that does not sound too cold.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

ravenlord wrote: If the poll had allowed 1 more option, it would have been Jigoro. I tried adding him when I started the poll, but it would not let me. In my mind I had him tramping through the jungle, using his wooden sword as a machette, and bringing home a wild boar for dinner every night :D
"Kid, let me teach you how REAL men do it back then!"

*runs rampant in the jungle*

*brings home a boar for dinner*

that could happen or...

"Kid, let me teach you how REAL men do it back then!"

*runs rampant in the jungle*

*never returns*

Would be pretty funny if he returns crying 'I want to go home' as some sort of 'Charisma Break' moment or something :lol:
ravenlord wrote: My thought there was that he is actually one of the most delicate of the disabled students. I didn't think that he would last very long without meds, so I didn't see him as a viable option on a short list of 14. I hope that does not sound too cold.
Look on the bright side.

If he brought along a supply for two that could last for month...
...and he couldn't survive more than a week without meds...

see where this is going? :twisted:

*EDIT*
I need to reconsider Hanako again. If a fire that took away her entire family left her traumatize, and if that airplane/ship/helicopter/UFO that led to the accident took away all her friends and leave you only with her...

...wouldn't that lead to her being extremely needy and possessive? As in not letting you go out of your shelter to explore, forage, hunt, etc. if it means leaving her for an hour or so? She'd be very-very-very afraid of losing her only partner from the accident and would cling to you like stamps on mails. That could be a good thing, but what if she gets in your way when you're hunting...?

hmm...

...I think too much...

still, KS girls dressed with LOST-style outfit (casual but ragged) would be a pretty interesting fanart... :mrgreen:

SHII-HAEL!
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

My first pick would have to be Emi. She's in good physical shape and is capable of taking care of herself, i know enough about chemistry to be able to help her keep what's left of her legs from getting infected, and if the worse should come to pass her flesh well be tender and very palatable, and i have a huge size and weight advantage over her.

Second pick would actually be Miki, she again is in good physical condition, would likely be able to keep calm during the rough patches, and is smoking hot.
...oh don't act like you never thought that.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.