Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Nyzer

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Nyzer »

I'd probably pick it up. The school emailed me. 'If you'd like to appeal, you can.' Essentially, spend a load of money to fly over and beg us.
Well, you have to decide if that's something you want to do. Not on the idea of begging them, but on the idea of being back in those classes again. Because it sounds like, for whatever reason, you were having difficulty. You may want to spend some time away from that before thinking of trying it again - going back when you're a bit older and a bit less frustrated, maybe?

Something to think about, anyway.

Until then... maybe go read some Love Hina?
All you really need to know is that there's a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning. I wish I could make something like that up; it shoots shurikens and lightning.
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Keneshiro, i also had a few close shaves in university, but that was mostly due to my own laziness. If that isn't your case, then perhaps you're just not completely ready for what you where studying, or perhaps not interested enough. Please think well about what you want to do now, perhaps even appeal, or study something else? Don't get discouraged, I hope things will turn out for the best.

And yes, the HBHC forum now turns out have become more of a playground for the fans of KS where they can go for off-topic conversations. However, as we can see in this thread, with many the off topic messages in it, such a place is definitely needed. :)
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Welp, one job application fell through. Another's still up in the air. There really aren't a lot of places around here that need more employees...
Last edited by Xanatos on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Beoran wrote:And yes, the HBHC forum now turns out have become more of a playground for the fans of KS where they can go for off-topic conversations. However, as we can see in this thread, with many the off topic messages in it, such a place is definitely needed. :)
Off-topic conversations is my way of forgetting unwanted daily events. ^^
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Keneshiro

Post by Keneshiro »

Nyzer wrote:
I'd probably pick it up. The school emailed me. 'If you'd like to appeal, you can.' Essentially, spend a load of money to fly over and beg us.
Well, you have to decide if that's something you want to do. Not on the idea of begging them, but on the idea of being back in those classes again. Because it sounds like, for whatever reason, you were having difficulty. You may want to spend some time away from that before thinking of trying it again - going back when you're a bit older and a bit less frustrated, maybe?

Something to think about, anyway.

Until then... maybe go read some Love Hina?
Ah here's the shit within the shit in my situation. All other medical schools do not want to accept me since I've been kicked out of my current one. I have an option where I can give them a middle finger after the appeal and try to get into a local med school. It starts in Febuary as well, so it means some time to relax and no go crazy. It's a risk either way and I can't wait since after this year, my A-levels, ie the qualification that I need to apply to university is voided and I have to resit a lot more papers to requalify. I'm going slightly crazy just thinking about it.
Beoran wrote:Keneshiro, i also had a few close shaves in university, but that was mostly due to my own laziness. If that isn't your case, then perhaps you're just not completely ready for what you where studying, or perhaps not interested enough. Please think well about what you want to do now, perhaps even appeal, or study something else? Don't get discouraged, I hope things will turn out for the best.

And yes, the HBHC forum now turns out have become more of a playground for the fans of KS where they can go for off-topic conversations. However, as we can see in this thread, with many the off topic messages in it, such a place is definitely needed. :)
Yeah, I guess I can blame my laziness in a way. I mean, I just discovered internet speeds 50 times of what I'm used to. And I hated studying. And I mean, who loves it?
Image <<< The waifu
i write crazy stories: A Visit to the Hospital
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

I like studying, just that, like you, I like the Internet more. I discovered it in University, 16 years ago, when it had only started to get known.

Keneshiro, I dare estimate that you're smart enough but need to be more dedicated to studying. Study first, then play when you are finished. It's your own future that is on the line. So hang in there...
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Keneshiro

Post by Keneshiro »

Beoran wrote:I like studying, just that, like you, I like the Internet more. I discovered it in University, 16 years ago, when it had only started to get known.

Keneshiro, I dare estimate that you're smart enough but need to be more dedicated to studying. Study first, then play when you are finished. It's your own future that is on the line. So hang in there...
Well, I honestly hope you're right. I fly for the UK soon. My dad wants to come along. To argue the case he says. Ah well. Here's to hoping.

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHAHA It's not even an appeal! They just want to 'discuss my options'. They won't let me appeal yet! HAHAHAHAHA I'm gonna have to stay there to wait for their decision and rearrange my flight ticket and essentially bend over backwards for them to screw me over before they'd let me appeal! And I'm essentially boned since no other med school would accept me since I've been kicked out of this one! OH THE JOY!!

PS: I think I'm going a bit crazy. Just maybe.
Image <<< The waifu
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Keneshiro wrote:
Beoran wrote:Keneshiro, i also had a few close shaves in university, but that was mostly due to my own laziness. If that isn't your case, then perhaps you're just not completely ready for what you where studying, or perhaps not interested enough. Please think well about what you want to do now, perhaps even appeal, or study something else? Don't get discouraged, I hope things will turn out for the best.

Yeah, I guess I can blame my laziness in a way. I mean, I just discovered internet speeds 50 times of what I'm used to. And I hated studying. And I mean, who loves it?

Protip: Buy Skyrim, start grinding skills, and study while you're grinding. I've never gotten so much US History as when I grinded 100000 gold. :p It's the perfect study game.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Nyzer

Post by Nyzer »

Or they might be able to arrange things so that you can come back to the school in a few years' time. Or go to a closer school (the one you're going to is in a different country? >_>) Or... something. And if they don't bring up these points, you should. You still might be able to appeal, but you did fail twice, so I'd honestly say you should get some time and distance from it, because it's bound to be stressful otherwise. Even if you pass another try, you might not be able to keep up with the work after that without waking up one day to find yourself covered in somebody's blood with no memory of what just happened. /joke

But seriously, do you want to go back to doing what you were doing before, only with even more pressure to succeed?
All you really need to know is that there's a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning. I wish I could make something like that up; it shoots shurikens and lightning.
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

welp my dad is over and he has brought stupid to a whole new level, a tree fell on his head and now he has a rather deep gash on his forehead and he doesn't want to go to a fucking hospital even though he clearly need stitches.his stupidity confounds me
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Eraser35 wrote:welp my dad is over and he has brought stupid to a whole new level, a tree fell on his head and now he has a rather deep gash on his forehead and he doesn't want to go to a fucking hospital even though he clearly need stitches.his stupidity confounds me
Well, a tree fell on his head, so that's not surprising. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Eraser35 wrote:welp my dad is over and he has brought stupid to a whole new level, a tree fell on his head and now he has a rather deep gash on his forehead and he doesn't want to go to a fucking hospital even though he clearly need stitches.his stupidity confounds me
Well, a tree fell on his head, so that's not surprising. :)
no he was already a man-child
Keneshiro

Post by Keneshiro »

Nyzer wrote:Or they might be able to arrange things so that you can come back to the school in a few years' time. Or go to a closer school (the one you're going to is in a different country? >_>) Or... something. And if they don't bring up these points, you should. You still might be able to appeal, but you did fail twice, so I'd honestly say you should get some time and distance from it, because it's bound to be stressful otherwise. Even if you pass another try, you might not be able to keep up with the work after that without waking up one day to find yourself covered in somebody's blood with no memory of what just happened. /joke

But seriously, do you want to go back to doing what you were doing before, only with even more pressure to succeed?
Odd thing about me. When motivated, stuff gets done fast. I know that happens with everyone but I know for a fact that after a few months in med school, my motivation just sort of died. I essentially gave up. No idea till now.

Simple explanation for the overseas med school: Local med schools aren't that great and the degrees are invalid outside the country.
Image <<< The waifu
Auratus

Post by Auratus »

I posted here 3 or 4 times trying desperately to get over with my crush. Now I think I already done it, It feels great. How I can do it? I got a new one. :lol:

Well, I knows her in weird way in weird place in weird times. I enrolled in free tutoring session in last weekend held by a food corperation (for new,young customers. Of course) It is crowded by thousands of High school students, and here she is. Happened to sit next to me, She showed interest in sheet of my school. Have few conversations with me and introduce herself. I am quite sure that no normal people will be overly-friendly to anyone in such situation. But I am very grateful. She is very freindly to me, to the point that I think she is friendly than any classmate I knew for 2 1/2 years and perhap any "normal" people who talks to me. She even bought an snack for me and refuse when I want to pay my part. So we spend time studying things from 8AM to 6PM.

That night, I crying with weirdest mood I ever cry. I smile, happy... while crying. It's weird. As we both study in Saturday and Sunday. In Sunday morning I felt like I'm late just because she said she will come around the same time so every delay in travel makes me nervous, and despite Sunday the session is filled far slower than Saturday and I can be considered moderately early. I still feel... late. I desperately looking for her, with distinctive French braid/plait with brown ribbon, and finally found her around 1PM. She asked me where I have been and let me sit near her. Even we didn't talks much because we are studying Chemistry. and that's last time we meet. We will very unlikely to meet again until we are at university, hopefully the same one.

I feels she is more like a friend than anyone I found at school. So I think from Saturday's night that if we meet in university again. I want to be her boyfriend, or congratuate anyone whoever her boyfriend is if sh have one. She tells me that herself and her mother are often hospitalized as her mother got heart problem and her as "accident". Judging from strange smell in her breath. I quite not take it. If I do get another chance. I will not screw up again.

I want another chance. Maybe I just found one.
I want to make Thai Translation of KS alone and protesting with this signature.

Unofficially Demanding. Temporary even-more malfunctioned in English Grammar.

Introducing one of the few thread of it's kind that bring the world together. Wait, Whatever then.
Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

@Auratus:
If you do see her again, at least make sure to ask her number (and give her your current number... Buddy of mine once gave his old number to a girl that he liked when he recently got a new number, the fool :lol:) or some other way to contact each other.