Am I the only one who feels that Hanako's arc is overrated?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pseudogenesis

Re: Am I the only one who feels that Kanako's arc is overrat

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Pyramid Head wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:
Tomate wrote:We Shizune fans are more dignified that the common rabble of glue huffers that wont shut up about their favorite girl.

Hope that's pretended condescension though.

Edit: Never mind, I overlooked 'glue-huffers' the first time. Didn't think Jigoro would make an account here.
And yes, i did hit Jigoro's needle dick. I'm that awesome of a marksman.

When I read this, the phrase "Needle in a prickstack" popped involuntarily into my head. I'm not sure it even existed before then.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Snow_Storm

Re: Am I the only one who feels that Hanako's arc is overrat

Post by Snow_Storm »

[quote="yummines"
not sure how Hanako would be capable of bullying

then again, she's a girl. and girls can be really fucking evil so i dunno.[/quote]

Jealously, anger, hatred, and isolation. Common traits found in most bullies and Hanako has at least 2 of them (isolation and anger). She could have some jealously in her heart seeing children in her orphanage being adopted one-by-one while she's left behind and as well as in high school where she students with their parents while hers is dead. Hatred maybe (her hatred of how people treat her.)

Besides, it would be more of of an alternate universe where Hanako becomes the big mean bully of the orphanage and in high school and perhaps Hisao sees good in her heart and that she's troubled and truly hurt inside.

Anyway, how the fuck we got to this point of Hanako being overrated to one of the greatest anime of all time about high school delinquents to this?
yummines

Post by yummines »

Snow_Storm wrote:Jealously, anger, hatred, and isolation. Common traits found in most bullies and Hanako has at least 2 of them (isolation and anger). She could have some jealously in her heart seeing children in her orphanage being adopted one-by-one while she's left behind and as well as in high school where she students with their parents while hers is dead. Hatred maybe (her hatred of how people treat her.)

Besides, it would be more of of an alternate universe where Hanako becomes the big mean bully of the orphanage and in high school and perhaps Hisao sees good in her heart and that she's troubled and truly hurt inside.

Anyway, how the fuck we got to this point of Hanako being overrated to one of the greatest anime of all time about high school delinquents to this?
because lately, anything goes.

if Hanako was somehow a delinquent i imagine her to be like the main character from Onidere or Yandere Kanojo.

tough to everyone. timid and shy with her boyfriend.
Revvy

Post by Revvy »

I'd say that Hanako easily has the capacity to snap and go on a killing spree.
So...Revvy enjoys lemon lube then? -Xanatos
(Yes I Do.)
Currently Reading: Scissorlips' Suzu Route.
Zezin

Post by Zezin »

I don't like the Hanako arc because she's "cute" or that sort of deal.
I only like it because I knew her pain, I felt a more personal connection to the game because of that arc.
However Lilly's arc is my favorite story-wise.

I also will have to disagree with you on your opinion on RIn's arc. It's my least favorite, really boring and annoying if you ask me.
Kouryuu

Post by Kouryuu »

Why did I read this thread? Why am I now bumping this thread?

I have never felt so shitty reading a thread in my entire life.

Thanks OP.
Image Kaede <3
fukano_

Post by fukano_ »

This is quite a late reply, and I didn't bother reading the rest of the answers, but I felt compelled to answer as I feel the exact same way. Whilst Hanako is very cute, and I do like her, she doesn't have much of a personality, and her arc is very simple.I favour Rin's route, and Rin as a person, and I find her very relatable, but most people do not. I believe this is simply due to the fact that most people don't understand her, finding her and her arc too complex, and therefore dislike it. I'm fairly certain that those who can understand her arc find it the best, but that's just the same as how people who understand snails don't mind that they're slimy. I think this post had a point but I've forgotten it now. I like Rin.
Rin>Hanako>Lilly=Shizune>Emi

"Someone drops a snow cone on his shoe. Too bad for him."

"Could it be that I actually am the sky?"
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

fukano_ wrote:people who understand snails don't mind that they're slimy.
Nobody "understands" snails...But I like Rin too.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I don't think Hanako has any less personality than Rin, but it's hidden beneath a layer of shyness, just like Rin's personality is hidden beneath her layer of non-sequitors and ramblings.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Xanatos wrote:

I understand snails. Jellyfish too.

You wouldn't believe the laughs I've had with my snail buddies. Like that one time Bob put too much salt on his leaf.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Pseudogenesis wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

I understand snails. Jellyfish too.

You wouldn't believe the laughs I've had with my snail buddies. Like that one time Bob put too much salt on his leaf.

Oh, everyone understands jellyfish. What we don't understand is the lack of peanut butter fish.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
newnar

Post by newnar »

Who care's if she's overrated or not???
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

newnar wrote:Who care's if she's overrated or not???
Apparently fanboys who can't handle the fact that people tend to have different opinions that don't necessary reflect off on their own opinions.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Well OP, looks like your question boils down to the fact that you didn't like the Hanako arc, and you can't figure out why you are in the minority. Your last question is about why Hanako's arc is so great. Unfortunately, a question like that is usually best answered by "if you have to ask, then you won't understand anyway, regardless of the answer." It is pretty much a matter of taste. Missing out on something that everyone else likes isn't a crime, so don't worry about it so much.

After all, you did find another girl and enjoyed her route. So rather than fixating on the girl that you didn't like, just move on and enjoy that which you can. Rin's was my least favorite arc, but I still got some enjoyment from it, and I don't let it bother me that she is the favorite of a few others. I'm glad that they found an arc that they enjoy as much as I enjoy the masterpiece that is Hanako's arc.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Everything is overrated by somebody, somewhere.