what kind of arrythmia?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Cazzah

Re: what kind of arrythmia?

Post by Cazzah »

There was a big wall o text by some medical technician about his condition being very unlikely to exist. Basically the medical conclusion was if that was real, his arrhythmia was triggered by some other congenital heart problem, its not a condition in itself

Or at least that was how I interpreted it in a tl:dr kind of way.
Akira

Post by Akira »

Free the Bee wrote:It is the bad kind of arrhythmia.
There's a good kind? :shock: hehe
kslover

Post by kslover »

Free the Bee wrote:It is the bad kind of arrhythmia.
not funny
all of which makes me anxious, at times unbearably so
wir sind wir
REJECT FALSE ICONS!
if you're losing your soul and know it then you still have a soul to lose.
its better to light a candle than complain about the dark.
kslover

Post by kslover »

Cazzah wrote:There was a big wall o text by some medical technician about his condition being very unlikely to exist. Basically the medical conclusion was if that was real, his arrhythmia was triggered by some other congenital heart problem, its not a condition in itself

Or at least that was how I interpreted it in a tl:dr kind of way.
no no his symptoms fit with LQTS due to his condition happening at times of physical or emotional stress such as getting tackled or the girl you love talking to you and the fact that it isnt initially fatal but if it persists than it can become ventricular fibrillation which is almost always fatal
all of which makes me anxious, at times unbearably so
wir sind wir
REJECT FALSE ICONS!
if you're losing your soul and know it then you still have a soul to lose.
its better to light a candle than complain about the dark.
Strider

Post by Strider »

WALL OF SCIENCE!

Just a little gravedigging.
Cazzah

Post by Cazzah »

Strider wrote:WALL OF SCIENCE!

Just a little gravedigging.
Thats the one I was thinking of.
Onisake

Post by Onisake »

As the author of the wall of science, i can summarize 'a bit.' I'm also happy to answer specific questions, if it falls within my scope of knowledge.

The nurse mentions Hisao has Congenital Heart Deficiency. As was mentioned previously, this would mean the arrhythmia is a symptom of an underlying condition. In simple terms, he has a weak heart because the cardiac muscle did not develop as it should have when he was in the womb. My assumption is that because the muscle did not develop properly, neither did the nerve bundles.

From what was said by others on my earlier post, I've come to the conclusion that Hisao is unfamiliar with the specifics of his disease himself, so many things are lost in translation. so to speak. In any case, it's a serious condition, not completely untreatable. However medical care doesnt' get as much attention in Japan as it does here in the states. Donor organs are very rare, and many of the medical devices available are imports from the west. I know of several medical device companies who have offices in Japan, and also a few that are looking to enter the Japanese market. But business is very different in Japan, and the success of most of these moves are mediocre at best. Most American's just can't grasp the way Japanese do business, but that's a completely different topic. Basically, treatments in Japan aren't as good as they are here, and the options that doctors can exercise are limited. With that in mind, the scenario is believable.
Bara

Post by Bara »

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Thanks for the links. My only experience with how bad the Japanese medical system is is through Team Medical Dragon.
静音是买外夫
hasteroth

Post by hasteroth »

It's obviously Cardiac Arrythmia :roll:
JamiroquaiAlien

Post by JamiroquaiAlien »

It's the kind of arrythmia that gets you sent to a school full of awesome ladeez. i.e. the good kind of arrythmia.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Warwick wrote: Thanks for the links. My only experience with how bad the Japanese medical system is is through Team Medical Dragon.
Ehh, heck health care varies in the US just from going from the urban to the rural areas. There are always exceptions both good and bad to every average or norm. <shrug>
For the purposes of KS it is as it is written. :wink:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?