5-year reunion (Lilly's path). Group shot.

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
Helbereth

5-year reunion (Lilly's path). Group shot.

Post by Helbereth »

I started working on a group shot - something like a 5-year reunion post-Lilly's story. It's around a park bench somewhere near Yamaku - perhaps in the park near town. All six main-story girls are present (Misha by proxy, of course) as well as Hisao.

You'll have to forgive the roughness. I was focusing on the composition and arrangement of the characters more than the actual finished presentation (it's drawn using Adobe Flash CS5 vector graphics - which are great for adjusting sketches but dog-awful for doing finish work.
I imagined that in the 5 years since graduation, Misha is earning her doctorate in sign language as well as brail along with early-childhood development and psychiatric studies. Shizune is still working toward a degree in Business Science - she also volunteers at a nearby outreach for disabled citizens. Rin and Emi are living together in the city in a studio apartment where Rin is ever-producing gallery-quality work. Emi is working at a nearby High School as a teacher's assistant after earning a degree in nutrition and physical education - she plans to apply for work at Yamaku as a physical education teacher, once she earns her certificate. Hanako spent the first two years after Yamaku travelling the world and has returned to Japan to attend culinary school where she's excelling. Lilly is taking a sabbatical from university to do some world travel of her own (with Hisao) as she continues immersing herself in English literature. Hisao has recently started working as an intern at a hospital while he pursues a doctorate of physical sciences and biology. He's also pocketing a tiny black box with a ring he plans to offer Lilly when he proposes to her after the fireworks at the Yamaku Festival later that night.

It occurs to me somehow, that I haven't drawn toes in... years. I'm out of foot practice... or toe practice, rather.
Last edited by Helbereth on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
nyttyn

Re: 5-year reunion (Lilly's path). Group shot.

Post by nyttyn »

oh my god

hisao's tounge.

i'm sorry i can't stop laughing

bwahhahaah
Why does the OST feature so much piano, despite the fact that not even a single piano exists in the entire game!?
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

nyttyn wrote:oh my god

hisao's tounge.

i'm sorry i can't stop laughing

bwahhahaah
He's crossing his eyes and has bunny ears courtesy of Misha, too, in-case that slipped by in your laughter.

Should I add in things like purses/handbags for a couple of the girls, y'think? I figure Shizune, Misha and Lilly would carry something like that while Hanako might even have a small satchel in which to keep a few books. Rin never seemed the type to carry anything like that, and neither did Emi, though.
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

Amazing work
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

horizon

Post by horizon »

It looks like they're posing for a photo. Who's behind the camera? Hideaki?

Post by Guest »

Interesting picture, I was going to comment about Lily's feet, but Im assuming you already noticed since you made that foot comment.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Looks pretty nice, I'd only mention Misha's lips as being a bit too big, but otherwise it looks pretty cool
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Enemy | wrote:Looks pretty nice, I'd only mention Misha's lips as being a bit too big, but otherwise it looks pretty cool
That's her teeth, silly. Like I said, vector graphics suck for details.
horizon wrote:It looks like they're posing for a photo. Who's behind the camera? Hideaki?
I hadn't really thought of it, but I'd imagine it's unlikely to be Yuuko as she'd probably have moved on by then, and Akira probably wouldn't be able to get away from work, so Hideaki seems plausible. For some odd reason, though, I kinda imagined Kenji taking the picture - or at least operating it on the tripod since he probably wouldn't have any idea what those 7 blobs were from that distance.

And yeah, I need to review feet. I haven't drawn anything barefoot in a surprisingly long time.
Last edited by Helbereth on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Oh
I can't unsee it as lips though >.>
Bi-Polar Hernandez

Post by Bi-Polar Hernandez »

There's something about Hanako's face that makes me laugh.
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

dat Hisao face.... Wahahaha. But seriuosly, I think it looks good.
Wait... Those teeth? I think they look Like lips too :?
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Helbereth wrote:
horizon wrote:It looks like they're posing for a photo. Who's behind the camera? Hideaki?
I hadn't really thought of it, but I'd imagine it's unlikely to be Yuuko as she'd probably have moved on by then, and Akira probably wouldn't be able to get away from work, so Hideaki seems plausible. For some odd reason, though, I kinda imagined Kenji taking the picture - or at least operating it on the tripod since he probably wouldn't have any idea what those 7 blobs were from that distance.
Misha's girlfriend.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

griffon8 wrote:
Helbereth wrote:
Misha's girlfriend.
I drew this before I even started writing the fan-fiction. This was the chicken egg that hatched that idea, actually.

Thinking on it now, you're probably right.
shiro_midori

Post by shiro_midori »

Hanako spent the first two years after Yamaku travelling the world and has returned to Japan to attend culinary school where she's excelling.
"Hey, good-looking, what's cooking? Oh, it's you..."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

For some reason, Hisao reminds me of Yuichi Aizawa. :P
shiro_midori wrote:"Hey, good-looking, what's cooking? Oh, it's you..."
Can't. Stop. Laughing. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)