Clad in the Dark.

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Painiac

Clad in the Dark.

Post by Painiac »

Loud sound of closing book with leather cover was somewhat proof of ending reading. I sit on top of bed in slight darkness, thinking shortly about book. ,,The Little Prince"... Suprisingly, after reading it, I always find new interesting things and thoughts. Childish look on world and it's mechanism don't have to be completely wrong. Instead, it's may be proper one.

I got up from bed and stretch myself, while yawning. Watch was showing already 11 pm. I leaved from my room to drink something, because I was thirsty. Live already vanished in dormitory - the dead hours. On corridor there was only janitor making crosswords from boredom. I walked slowly toward automat with drinks in yellowish light. This yellow was rather ,,sick", like yellow eyes of people after jaundice. So, I was feeling like a shit, wanted only go to bed quickly. Of course, when I have stood by automat, lamp over me was slightly broken, and was blinking all time, which was irritating. I have taked out my pocket, and started search money. To my not nice suprise, there was nothing. And I wanted only glass of milk... People call it ,,malice of dead things". I would call it ,,empty pocket". I have stretched myself again, and started thinking what to do. I remembered that Kenji owe me yen's for pizza. So, I walked toward his room to pay a visit.

He's room was cowered in darkness like mine - there was only weak light from small lamp on desk. He was already asleep at desk, on his pathetic graphs. I have seen ridiculous shelter in corner of room, with carpet over it and with chipboards as walls. Where he would get chipboards? Anyway, on floor under this so called shelter, some books were scrammed without mercy. I have spotten also text - ,,No people girls allowed" with word ,,people" crossed out; on some sheet of paper. Brilliant.

Kenji has still sleeping. I pulled out graph which was under his head, slightly hoping that this may wake him up. He was still sleeping, though. I have much time; I don't have to wake him up quickly - so I looked thorougly on his graph. Reading this slightly started to melt my brain, it was full of weird things. It was graph similar to dependency of number of natural catastrophes from number of pirates. Completely unlogical. I started thinking if showing this graph to other people would have effect like the killer joke in sketch of Monthy Python. They would die from overdosing bullshits, though.

I have yawned again and put graph on desk. I slightly shake Kenji to wake up him.
- Wake up. Give my money, robber.-
He fall down on floor. I vomited when I have seen why. He have sliced throat to the bone; his clothes were soaked in blood. Terrible iron stentch of blood was enough for me. In shock, I have supported myself by wall. He was murdered! And this very person is somewhere in school! I ran out on corridor to seek any help. But...

That would be only imagination. Door in Kenji room was closed, and lock was somewhat jammed. I have struggled with it until I have lost energy. I don't remember closing door behind me! I screamed to call somebody, until I had slight pain in chest. I have left my phone in my room, and Kenji doesn't have one, freak bastard! I was freaked out. It was highly possible. that somebody, who killed Kenji, closed door behind me... So, he must be close; and, nobody answer, when there are dead hours! Why it is possible? They are all killed?! It's not possible, hey... Or maybe...

I've sat on floor by wall. I was so frightened, so I imagined by moment that body of Kenji has moved slightly. Or maybe he's really moved? Ahh, don't think that way! But, if nobody come to open door, to answer, that means... I have to sleep in this room. No! I was stressed out so much, that I couldn't sleep. Pain in chest was slightly stronger, but for my luck, this wasn't seizure. What to do? What to do?

What...

I have opened my eyes. I was still alive. I have get up quickly. I have sleeped all night with dead man? Yes, watch was pointing now 7 am. Some rays of light from cloudy sky was also proof that it was morning. Terrible mixed stentchs - acid stentch of already old vomit, and slight sweet odour of decomposing body provoked me again to vomit. This time, I could do this only with saliva. I opened after that window to breatch with fresh air. It was so good... I couldn't see anybody going to school.

Am I alone?

I started thinking logically, finally. I couldn't call for help, because there isn't outside probably. I have go out from there on my own. I looked again on room, to seek after some useful things. Screwdriver! This is useful tool, for sure. I grabbed this from desk, and look after other things. Eventually, from other metal things I managed to make a bad excuse for skeleton key. May God bless you, Kenji, for having all that metal things you had in your room. If you believed in one. But, I stopped before opening a door. I have to take money from him - I'm completely broken, and he owed me some yen's. But, searching money in his clothes he wear was extremely disgusting. What to do...?

I have pressured myself to do this. I looked away from his face. Face of dead human is the strongest fear factor according to psychology. I completely agreed with that. When I ended with searching money on him, I fastly jumped from him. I have shivered again, and open door.

End of part one. Feel free to comment.
Last edited by Painiac on Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
No time for love, Falcon Punch!
Polish translation:
Wednesday - 50%
Squirg

Re: Nightmare of Kenji.

Post by Squirg »

I must ask, is English your first language?
Other than that, the locked door part was creepy, nice work.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Smells like machine translation. Machine translation isn't good. :| It mangles writing from "decent" to "somewhat understandable".
If it's not machine translation, the problem's worse...
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

SnigendePind

Post by SnigendePind »

I couldn't help reading this in the voice of Microsoft Sam.
Some people don't have arms. So what? Some people don't see colors, either.
- WetCrate

<@Raide> why does it sad to be touched? shouldn't you get a boner?

90% of the students were actually sent to Yamaku for being too lesbian. All those disabilities going around are just curious coincidence.
- Minister of Gloom

Made you look.
Painiac

Post by Painiac »

Err, no, Polish is my first language. I couldn't apply for translating game if I wouldn't be polish native speaker :F Microsoft Sam/machine translator you say? In fact, I used dictonary many times - maybe in this lies problem. I have to get better one =.=' and of course, I have to try better in writing or ambandon it otherwise.
And, I wanted to make narration somewhat depressed, melancholic. Microsoft Sam... I got effect similar to effect I wanted, so it isn't that bad. Remember that Hisao was sleepy, he wanted only drink something and go to bed.
Last edited by Painiac on Wed May 20, 2009 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Polish translation:
Wednesday - 50%
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

I would suggest writing in your native tounge in teh first instance, and then asking for someone to translate it for you. I think that you might have a good story there, but the language barrier has totally killed any hope of that...

Or, if you want to practice your English, write it in English and then get someone who can speak Polish to edit it for you.

This would actually be good practice for your translation effort. Translators, like Writers, are only half of the team.

Also, if anyone out there is looking to impresses us with their "15+ years of editorial experience" or whatever then this would be a great place to start.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Squirg

Post by Squirg »

Well, here's my edit.

The sound of leather as I closed the book was proof that I was done reading. I sit on top of my bed in semidarkness, thinking about the book "Small Prince." Strangely, after reading it, I always have new and interesting things to think about. The childish way of looking at the world and how it works doesn't have to be completely wrong; instead, it may be correct.

I get up from bed, yawning and stretching. Checking my watch, it shows 11 pm. I leave my room to get something to drink to quench my thirst. Life had vanished from the dormitory; it was the dead hours now. In the corridor there was only a janitor doing crosswords out of boredom. I walked slowly towards the automat [I assume an automat is some sort of vending machine?] with drinks, bathed in yellowish light. This yellow is rather "sick", like the eyes of people with jaundice. I was feeling pretty shitty, and I wanted to get back to bed as quickly as possible. Standing in front of the automat, I became irritated by the constant flickering of the broken light overhead. I search around in my pockets for some money, and of course, I find nothing. All I wanted was a glass of milk... People call such misfortune "malice of dead things." I would call it "empty pocket." I stretch again, and start to think about where I could get some cash. I remember that Kenji owes me yen for pizza, so I walk toward his room to pay him a visit.

His room is covered in darkness like mine, and there was only weak light from small lamp on the desk. He was already asleep at the desk, head resting on his pathetic graphs. I see a ridiculous shelter in the corner of the room, with carpet as a roof and chipboards as walls. Where he would get chipboards? Anyway, on the floor under this so called shelter, some books were scrambled without mercy. I also spot a sign; "No people girls allowed" with the word "people" crossed out on it. Brilliant.

Kenji is still sleeping. I pull out a graph from underneath his head, slightly hoping that this would wake him up. He continued sleeping though. I have a lot of time to spare, and I don't have to wake him up quickly, so I look thoroughly at his graph. Reading it started to melt my brain; it was full of weird things. It was graph outlining the dependence of the number of natural catastrophes on the number of pirates. Completely illogical. I started wondering if showing this graph to other people would have an effect like the killer joke in a Monty Python sketch. They would probably die from the overdose of bullshit though.

I yawn again and put graph back on desk. I shake Kenji slightly to wake up him.
"Wake up. Give me my money, robber."
He falls down onto the floor, and I vomit when I see why. His throat has been sliced down to the bone, and his clothes were soaked with blood. The terrible iron stench of blood was too much for me. In shock, I lean myself on the wall. He was murdered! And the murder is somewhere in school! I run out into the corridor to seek out any help, but...

That could only happen in my imagination. Kenji's door had closed, and the lock was jammed. I struggle trying to open it until I exhaust all my energy. I don't remember closing door behind me! I scream for help until my chest starts to hurt. I left my phone in my room, and Kenji doesn't have one, freaking bastard! I was freaked out. It was highly possible that the person who killed Kenji closed the door behind me. So... the killer must be close by. But nobody answers my calls for help. Why must it be the dead hours now?! How is this possible? They are all going to be killed! It's not possible... or maybe...

I sit on the floor by the wall. The fright must be getting to me, because I imagine that Kenji's dead body had moved slightly. Or... did he really move? Ahh, I can't think that way! But, if nobody comes to open the door, or answer my cries, that means... I have to sleep in this room. No! I'm way too stressed out to sleep. The pain in my chest grew slightly stronger, but lucky me, this wasn't a heart attack. What to do? What to do?

What...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I open my eyes, astonished I was still alive. I get up quickly. Did I sleep all night with a dead man? I look at my watch; 7 am. I guess I did sleep in here. Faint rays of light coming from the cloudy sky also confirmed morning had come. The awful mixed stenches; acid stench of already old vomit, and the sickly sweet odor of decomposing body provoked me to vomit again. This time, it was only saliva. I opened the window after that to breathe in some fresh air. It was refreshing... but I couldn't see anybody going to school.

Am I alone?

Finally, I gathered my wits and started to think logically. I couldn't call for help, because there probably isn't anyone outside. I have get out of here on my own. I look around the room again for useful things to help me escape. A screwdriver! This definitely would be useful, so I grab it from his desk, and look for other things. After finding a few other metal items, I make a poor excuse of a skeleton key. May God bless you, Kenji, for having all these metal things in your room. (If you believed in a god.) But, before opening the door, I stop. I have to take money from him, since I'm completely broke, and he owed me some yen anyways. But, searching for money in the clothes he was wearing would be completely disguisting. What to do...?

I pressure myself to do this. I look away from his face; according to psychology the face of a dead human is the strongest fear factor, and I completely agree with that. When I finish pickpocketing him, I quickly jump away. I shiver again, and open door.

End of part one.

I've spoken to many people who don't have English as their first language, so this wasn't too bad. It was actually better than some works of literature written by someone who knew only English, but I'm not one to name names. No one here though.
Painiac

Post by Painiac »

I am really appreciating your editing. I will look up to this post to avoid mistakes. Also, this inspire me to write second part of this story. Unfortunately, some sentences give feeling which aren't so depressed/pesimistic/melancholic as I would want. Long sentences with suspension points would means that Hisao thinks thorougly, logically. Spouted, short sentences would means that Hisao can't think straight for a moment. Behaviourism. You have divided some sentencens, while other has been connected. But, I guess only I could write this story to match my imagination, which inspire me more to learning English. Thank you for editing again.
[I assume an automat is some sort of vending machine?]
Ahh, yes of course. Most words which describes technologically improved stuff, like ,,computer"/,,monitor"/,,radio", are imported to Polish practically without changes (,,komputer"/,,monitor"/,,radio"). Thus, I forgot that ,,automat" don't have to mean same as in English. I forget about ,,vending machine", which should was put instead of ,,automat". My bad.
Polish translation:
Wednesday - 50%
Painiac

Post by Painiac »

Part Two.

Corridor was empty as I suspected. I entered my room to take most important things, mainly medicines and phone. Batteries in phone were dead, of course. And, what was completely weird, electricity has gone. What is happening here... So many unexplainable things... So, phone was utterly useless for now. I taked it anyway, hoping it may come handy. It was almost 8 am., and yet, I couldn't hear any voice. No sound, except me. No morning activities. No students going to school. I was feeling so lonely, and unsecure. This wasn't the same dormitory as before... Something has changed... Why?

I leaved my room. To feel more safely, I have checked doors of every room while leaving dormitory. All doors was closed. I spotted a crossword that janitor has solving day before. Solution was shocking. It was written with red pen.

Hanako, she have done this!

I was astonished. What ,,this"? She have murdered...? And, why letters from words matched squares for solution? It is impossible! What is with this place? It's no longer place I know! I trowed away crosswords, like it was on fire. I had strong urge to ambandon this place. I glanced toward Kenji room. I could swear that something come out from his room... Maybe he...? Aaah, it's insane, insane!

I run out from dormitory. My heart was beating so fast, that I would have seizure if not for taking medicines before. I was panicked, I wanted be far away from this place. When I have come out from building, I was feeling way better than before. Not so encumbered with fear... On bulletin board new announcement was hanging on. I hadn't see that one before...

_______________________________________Announcement____________________________________________

To time, when case of murdery will be solved, Yamaku School suspends it's activity. All students, which have been on appeal on 27 April, have alibi. Therefore, they have to leave school in order to avoid risk and hindering investigation. For rest of students, leaving school is forbidden until the end of investigation. Do not walk alone to avoid risk. In order to gain more information, contact with Main Inspector in office of Headmaster.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There was else signatures of Main Inspector and other important peoples. That was... terrible. I am suspected of murder?! And, if I only go on this appeal instead helping Shizune in council... And what is this bullshit?! They know about Kenji's deatch, but they don't do a shit about it unless I entered his room? This makes no sense. If somebody would already found him dead, I couldn't enter his room, because all dormitory would be a place of investigating. And yet, they couldn't know about his deatch when doors have been jammed! Because only I have been inside! I don't understand it... I don't understand...

- H-Hisao...? W-Why you are so irritated?-
I turned around. There was standing Hanako, timid as always. I smiled to her.
Can I trust her? Or, somebody wrote that in order to sow seed of uncertainty? She seems so normal as always... Act...?
- Ah, it's nothing. Murderer roam around school, and I can't leave this place. All is alright. Beautiful day, don't you agree? In horrors, sky always is covered by clouds, so every colour is not lively as before, more darker...-
- D-Don't say such things, I'm scared!- My irony has gone too far, I suppose. But, when someone lost all hope, he can always laugh. Nobody can take this from him.
- Sorry. I can't endure this. This silence, fear. You understand this, don't you? Anyway, you know who else stayed there? Shizune and Misha should be there, because we have working together in council.-
- L-Lilly is there...- Hanako couldn't explain her emotions about it. Obviously, she was happy that she can meet only friend. But, Lilly is endangered by staying there. If I'm not mistaken, Lilly has gone to city on time of appeal, probably to meet with her sister. Yes, I remember something like this.
- D-Don't you ask m-me about where I-I was on time of appeal?- Hanako silently asked. Her question suprised me.
- B-Because, you know... Me, or you, c-could be murderer...- I sent her hard glance. What she's thinking... Of course, this is some possibility...
- You haven't been in library?- That was quite obvious.
- M-Maybe...- Maybe? I don't like way where this talk is going...
- Maybe?-
- Hahaha, Hisao! You have been so easily angered by this. Of course I have been in library. You're thinking that I am murderer? Aren't we friends? I am dissaspointed, I would think that you trust me more...- She's toying with me?! And, when she learned to talk so much? I started suspect her more than before...
- I had hard night; I am not into joking, sorry. So, where are you going? I want ask some questions to Main Inspector, and after that hang out with you and Lilly, and eventually find other peoples. Murderer shouldn't hit when there are more peoples, you know.-
- I-I'm going to tea room...-
- Ah, so let's go together.-
- U-Um!- Hanako nodded quickly to my proposition. But, then I remembered some obvious fact. Why she's there? I couldn't think about decent possibility why she have appeared here...

I was hoping that meeting with Main Inspector will explain contradictions which have been constantly jumping out from nowhere. Hanako seemed now completely normal, when she's walking near me. I don't know what to do with her. Could she done that? And with that murder thing - why I haven't seen any policeman, when I have been all time with Kenji's corpse, for God's sake? I have to find answers, in order to help with investigation. Hanako is innocent, is she...?

End of Part 2 - I'm feeling sleepy, people, so I'm ending for now. Feel free to comment.
Polish translation:
Wednesday - 50%
Squirg

Post by Squirg »

Painiac wrote:Unfortunately, some sentences give feeling which aren't so depressed/pesimistic/melancholic as I would want. Long sentences with suspension points would means that Hisao thinks thorougly, logically. Spouted, short sentences would means that Hisao can't think straight for a moment. Behaviourism. You have divided some sentencens, while other has been connected. But, I guess only I could write this story to match my imagination, which inspire me more to learning English.
Ah, you have a point, I just thought that doing that would make the thing easier to read. I never thought that the choppy sentences were intentional. But anyways, here's my edit of your second part.

I leave my room. [He was in Kenji's room before right...?] Just to be safe, I check the doors of every room while leaving the dormitory. All the doors were closed. I spot the crossword that the janitor was solving the day before. The solution was shocking. It was written with red pen.

Hanako, she did this! [Okay, who didn't see this one coming?]

I was astonished. What is this? She murdered someone...? And, why did the letters of the words match the squares of the solution? [Either I'm missing something, or that's the point of a crossword] It's impossible! What's with this place? It's no longer the place I know! I throw away crossword, as if it was on fire. I have a strong urge to abandon this place. I glance towards Kenji's room. I could have sworn that something came out of there... maybe he...? Aah, that's insane, insane!

I run out of the dormitory. My heart was beating so fast, that I would have had a heart attack if I hadn't taken my medicine before. I was panicked, and I wanted be far away from this place. When I came out of the building, I start feeling way better than before; not so encumbered with fear. On the bulletin board a new announcement was hanging. I hadn't seen this one before...

_______________________________________Announcement____________________________________________
Until the murder case is solved, Yamaku suspends it's activity. All students who have been on appeal since April 27th have an alibi. Therefore, they have to leave school in order to avoid personal risk and hindering the investigation. For the rest of the students, leaving school is forbidden until the end of the investigation. Do not walk alone to avoid risk. For more information, contact the Main Inspector in the Headmaster's office.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The signatures of the Main Inspector and other important people are on the announcement as well. This is... terrible. I'm suspected of murder?! If I go on this appeal instead of helping Shizune with student council... what is this bullshit?! They know about Kenji's death, but they don't do shit about it unless I enter his room? This makes no sense. If somebody already found him dead, then I couldn't have entered his room, because the whole dormitory would be an investigation scene. But, they couldn't know about his death when the door had been jammed! Only I have been inside! I don't understand it... I don't understand...

"H-Hisao...? W-Why you are so irritated?"

I turn around. Standing there, was Hanako, timid as always. I smiled to her.

Hanako, she did this!

Can I trust her? Or, did somebody write that announcement in order to sow the seeds of uncertainty? She seems normal as always... could it be an act...?

"Ah, it's nothing. A murderer is roaming around school, and I can't leave. But everything is alright. Beautiful day, don't you agree? In horrors, the sky is always covered by clouds, so everything is darker and not as lively as before..."

"D-Don't say such things, I'm scared!" My irony has gone too far, I suppose. But, when someone has lost all hope, he can always laugh. Nobody can take this from him.

"Sorry. I can't endure this. This silence, this fear. You understand, don't you? Anyway, do you know who else stayed here? Shizune and Misha should be here, because we have work to do together in student council."

"L-Lilly is here..." Hanako couldn't explain her emotions about it. Obviously, she was happy that she could still meet her only friend. But, Lilly is in danger by staying here. If I'm not mistaken, Lilly went into the city during the appeal, probably to meet with her sister. Yes, I remember something like that.

"A-Aren't you going to ask m-me about where I-I was during the appeal?" Hanako silently asked. Her question surprised me. "B-Because, you know... me, or you, c-could be the murderer..."
I give her a hard glance. What is she thinking...? Of course, that is a possibility...

Hanako, she did this!

"You weren't in the library?" That was quite obviously the place she would be.

"M-Maybe..." Maybe? I didn't like where this talk was going...

"Maybe?"

"Hahaha, Hisao! You're so easily frightened. Of course I was in library. Are you saying you think I'm the murderer? Aren't we friends? I am disappointed, I thought that you trusted me more than this..."

She's toying with me?! Also, when did she start to talk so much? I started to suspect her more than before...

"I had rough night, and that's put me out of the joking mood, sorry. So, where are you going? I want ask the Main Inspector some questions. Maybe after that hang out with you and Lilly, and eventually find other people. Murderers are less likely to strike when there are more people, you know."

"I-I'm going to the tea room..."

"Ah, then let's go together."

"U-Um!" Hanako nods quickly at my proposition. But, then I remembered an obvious fact. Why is she here? I could think of a reasonable explanation about why she came here...

Hanako, she did this!

I was hoping that meeting with the Main Inspector would explain the questions that have been bothering me. Hanako now seemed completely normal, walking beside me. I don't know what to do with her. Could she have done "that"? And about the murder, why I haven't seen any policeman, when I have been with Kenji's corpse for the whole time for God's sake? I have to find answers, in order to help with the investigation. Hanako is innocent, isn't she...?

End of Part 2
Painiac

Post by Painiac »

[He was in Kenji's room before right...?]
Corridor was empty as I suspected. I entered my room to take most important things, mainly medicines and phone. Batteries in phone were dead, of course. And, what was completely weird, electricity has gone. What is happening here... So many unexplainable things... So, phone was utterly useless for now. I taked it anyway, hoping it may come handy. It was almost 8 am., and yet, I couldn't hear any voice. No sound, except me. No morning activities. No students going to school. I was feeling so lonely, and unsecure. This wasn't the same dormitory as before... Something has changed... Why?
You have missed this part. So, yes, Hisao was in Kenji's room, but he went to his room for some things.

Also, I'm sorry to tell you this; you have put so much effort in my rather crappy story. But, I don't approve form of dialogues. I'm very traditional, I always wrote dialogues like this in my previous works. Um, in almost all (Dialogue of ninja with cthulhu-like demon in his mind was way too special to put it in normal way...). Dialogue was retardated in form you have put. It was completely different dialogue than in original. I wanted to get dialogue with fast, careful thinking. Hisao was uncerntain, he wanted "read" in Hanako mind, and not reveal himself in the same time. Quotation marks would suggest that dialogue happened in past, that dialogue is history told by Hisao - that Hisao survived. This is obvious contradiction. I want keep reader in uncertainty, hey :)

But, I'm glad that "Hanako, she did this" part wasn't especially changed, it will be important later. Thanks again for editing. I can learn a lot of from this, by comparing our versions.

||
||
\/
Ahh, I checked it to avoid mistake... Source was bad, I see =_='
Last edited by Painiac on Thu May 21, 2009 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Polish translation:
Wednesday - 50%
Jaen

Post by Jaen »

Exupery's book is "The Little Prince" in English, not "Small Prince". Just random nitpicking - next time wiki it up ;)
Painiac

Post by Painiac »

Part Three

I can't remember standing in front of door to Headman's office. I was diligent student, maybe? Or usual one... Yup, word ,,diligent" don't mach to me. Screeching of opened door. As someone would think, office was very proper, with these shelves packed up with documents, books and file binders. Most of furniture was in chocolade-like colour of brown. There was atmosphery of history; there were so many peoples for important reasons, there were so much moments of happiness and sadness.
- Nice carpet.-
Only desk of Headmaster wasn't your typical one. With technologically improved things, surely for communicating and investigating, or laptop, which now was delicately buzzing, it wasn't rather usual. It seems that Main Inspector was working so hard, that he didn't saw me to this moment.
- Surely it is. But, I don't think that it was your purpose to get here only for telling me that, am I wrong?- He was typing something on keyboard, without looking at me.
- So, what it is?- He finally stopped working on computer. He was about in his 40's. He wore normal office suit, without only jacket, which was hanging on chair. His madly black hair was short, and his way of looking was honest, but also intelligent. He scanned me as if he could read in my mind, then take position called ,,american four" on his chair. Competetive type, eh? Seems it's proper person on proper place.
- I have been curious. When your investigation has started?-
- Let me see... Three hours from appeal, that would be 8 pm... On second thought, I don't remember interrogating you... Your name?- He started sorting out some documents.
- Hisao Nakai. So, after start of investigation, nobody couldn't enter place of investigating?-
- As you stated. Nobody. It was busy night...-
He taked out some paper, and started read. Then, he sighed after seeing something.
- Ahh, Hisao Nakai! Our losted student, also suspected of murder! It wasn't proved yet, anyway... And you are suspected only for your disappear. Also, we thought that you may be victim. One mystery gone down, I see.-
- Busy night, you said? I have spend all night with victim, and yet, I haven't seen any policeman!-
I couldn't stand firm longer.
- It's impossible. Unless there were two victims.- Inspector frowned and looked decisively into my eyes.
- Two...?- It was... oustrageous. And simple.
- Oh, I see. Second murder, certainly. You have interesting story to tell me, I guess.- He moved his chair closer desk, and put his arm on it. He was more serious than before.
- It was about midnight; I wanted to lent some money from my hallmate to buy drink. When I have entered his room, he was already dead. Someone also closed doors behind me and jammed lock. I guess it was for pinning murder to me... Eventually, I have managed to escape from this room on morning. And, as a good civilian, I came here to tell this.-
- Name of deceased?-
- Kenji Setou.-
- Satou?-
- No, Setou...-
I don't like where it is going...
- Ahh, so it isn't. And I thought that there would be connection...-
- Lilly Satou is another victim!?-
NO. Aber nein. It can't be...
- No, no, she is missing. She may be still alive.- I sat, somewhat relieved. There's still hope...
- So, what is name of deceased?-
- I also want know it, you know? We have found only burned corpse. Aww, we can only rely on teeths to identify corpse. When you properly burn it, it's even hard to tell if it's animal or human... So, we are trying to find every missing person. When one person will be still missing, it's probably the burned one.-
- So, if Lilly is missing...-
- Yes, she can be that burned corpse.-

It would be... horibble. Horibble. I couldn't say anything for a while.

- I will dispatch some men to check on your hallmate, can you wait some time?- He already started talking by phone, disrupting awkward silence. I started gather my thoughts and informations I have got so far. Inspector briefly tell instructions and end conservation.
- Done. To shorten up, something barbecued has been found about 7 am. in front of girl dormitory. It was here like murderer wanted to show it to everyone, to send message...-
- ,,Barbecue time, folks!" for example.-
I started liking black humour recently.
- Funny. I was thought something similar. But, back on topic. We have been there on 8 am. There was some ruckus, panic. It seems that most of girls were walking straight from appeal to dorm. But, we eventually done our things properly anyway. What you have been doing then?-
- Helping in student council. A lot of paper work. I, with Shizune Hakamichi and Misha, err, Shiina Mikado, we didn't attend appeal, and we ended our work about 9 pm. After that, I went to dormitory, read some books, and Mister know further part.-
- These are some believable things you said. You have been missing, and Hakamichi and Mikado are still not founded... There is also Lilly Satou. Kenji Setou, found deceased by you.-
Inspector sighed.
- But, if all of your words are true, only one person could be this burned victim - Satou. Hakamichi and Mikado were all time with you, according to your state. Of course, we have to make autopsy to be sure of it.-

I don't know how answer it.

End of Part 3 Your comments helps me improve. Feel free to comment it.
Polish translation:
Wednesday - 50%