The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

krosswerks

Re: Share your feelings.

Post by krosswerks »

Just wait until you finish 100% and have literally nothing to look forward to.
Smitten-Tastic

Re: How to sleep after Lilly's arc?

Post by Smitten-Tastic »

I understand completely. Haha, Im not sure if the joy of playing KS balances out with reprocussions...
xSHREDED SCOPEx

Re: Just finished the game and this is my first post. Oh man

Post by xSHREDED SCOPEx »

yummines wrote:everyone gets the feels sometime after playing this game
Hell yeah they do...
Gordon_4

Post by Gordon_4 »

First time finisher. Shizune, the good ending.

I won't lie, I've played VN's with more choices in the first hour than this did for the whole game.

But fuck that, there's quality writing to be had here :D

Shizune seems to get a bit of flak on the net for being, well, forceful. I was warned on forums that she was pushy, arrogant and a bit mean. My favourite superhero, coincidentally, is Wonder Woman. So I leapt with gusto into Shizune's arc and found myself utterly enamoured with this powerful and driven young woman. Also, she's just a tiny bit kinky; I was flabbergasted when her first love scene with Hisao involved pinning him to a chair and tying his hands behind his back. Couple that with the striking intimacy of love making with all but the most essential clothes on....it was well played. I think my favourite part about was they were looking each other in the eyes the whole time......that's powerful.

Both thumbs up 4Leaf, it's a wonderful game.
James Cameron AND Shizune fanboy.
Dawnstorm

Post by Dawnstorm »

Gordon_4 wrote:I think my favourite part about was they were looking each other in the eyes the whole time......that's powerful.
People tend to miss that when they call Shizune too forceful (and the sex awkward) in this scene.

Btw, while none of the paths have that many choices, Shizune has the least. All the other paths have more than one (and I think Rin's has the most). I find it interesting how making a choice keeps you in the game. It's breaking up the pacing; even if the choice is just for flavour (as many in Rin's ark are). Also gives you a sense of exploration. I like choices, and I think having only one may have contributed to my reading fatigue during Shizune's ark.

Have to re-do it some time, for a better appreciation. :)
Gordon_4

Post by Gordon_4 »

Dawnstorm wrote:
Gordon_4 wrote:I think my favourite part about was they were looking each other in the eyes the whole time......that's powerful.
People tend to miss that when they call Shizune too forceful (and the sex awkward) in this scene.

Actually, the awkwardness kind of sells it. Sex for the first time, is awkward as the best case scenario, as I'm sure everyone who's ever been there can tell you. Your first time being while you're in a chair with your hands tied and your good lady riding you like that, its nothing short of a miracle that the chair didn't break or any number of possible disasters.

And yet it was still a beautifully conveyed moment of intimacy. In fact, it wasn't just a sex scene, it was a love making scene. And that is hard to do well.
James Cameron AND Shizune fanboy.
yassodude

Post-KS Depression

Post by yassodude »

Yes I know a lot of people have already posted saying they suffered from depression after finishing , but most of them were for reasons completely different from mine :

Ofc I was kinda sad with the way I handle my life but the thing that actually went and gave me the depression that has stolen my appetite for the last 5 days and probably more in the future , is how much I envy Hisao...

Yes , the guy has Arrhythmia but you can't deny the fact that he is lucky as !@#$ . In every "good" route he ends up with a girl that is perfect on the inside and almost if not completely (Lilly ,Shizune) perfect on the outside. It makes me angry that arrhythmic or not , I will never ever encounter any girl who is as beautiful in any aspect as the ones in Katawa Shoujo , sure they're not perfect , and that's the idea but I would rather date a blind , kind , well-mannered , lady in the street but a freak in the bed girl than date another one who ends up leaving for a guy who is 7 years older than her while she's 17 years old ... THAT's why KS got me depressed , not because "i wasted my life" because i regret nothing , I don;t regret one of the 200 hours spent playing Skyrim because as John Lennon said "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" However I am depressed because I would rather have arrhythmia and date Emi or Lilly (good endings) than the cheap girls of modern society today ..

P.S : I don't really want to date Lilly or Emi , I mean that i would prefer to be in that lucky bastard's situation ..... honestly

P.P.S: Did anyone play the short Kenji route ? funniest route in the entire game ^^
Helbereth

Re: Post-KS Depression

Post by Helbereth »

PKSDD (Post-Katawa-Shoujo-Depression-Disorder) is a common affliction among its readers.

Symptoms include reassessing your own life path, looking up old friends, examining past relationships, reconsidering your familial ties, taking up physical activity, reconnecting with old hobbies, reduced time spent masturbating, higher awareness and related emotional empathy, profound contemplation of your possible future, rediscovering your love of lemon-scented lube, improved skill at reading comprehension, sudden interest in artistic endeavors, speculation on the intricacies of life with disabilities, increased interest in literary expression, desire to research prosthetic technology, insomnia, depression, reduced sex-drive and uncontrollable crying.

Take two of these,
and try to smile, there are thousands of people going through the same ordeal.
Zezin

Post by Zezin »

yassodude wrote:Yes , the guy has Arrhythmia but you can't deny the fact that he is lucky as !@#$ . In every "good" route he ends up with a girl that is perfect on the inside and almost if not completely (Lilly ,Shizune) perfect on the outside.
I used to think the EXACT same thing but, I noticed when doctors tell you that you aren't expected to live past 30 you got a lot of shit to be depressed about. At least the other characters are expected to live the majority of their life.
Potato

Post by Potato »

yassodude wrote:In every "good" route he ends up with a girl that is perfect on the inside...

What game were you playing? There isn't a perfect person among the whole cast, including the girls. I don't recall any route where anyone magically becomes an absolutely flawless human being guilty of no wrong or shortcoming for the remainder of their lives.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
yassodude

Post by yassodude »

Sh!t Helbereth ... right on the spot. If i didn't know any better I'd swear you were hiding under my bed . No seriously , I've done most of the things you mention but the feels won't go away , and I went to the nearest pharmacy and they told me they ran out of Feels-Be-Gone 5 days after KS was released .... It's just sooooooooooo depressing ...
Also :
Potato wrote:What game were you playing? There isn't a perfect person among the whole cast, including the girls.
You obviously didn't meet women , compared to the most girls nowadays , i'd venture and say the girls in KS are perfect on the inside , not as in no flaws mind you (although than is what perfect means) But they are devoid of flaws which are caused by bad or evil intentions , most flaws in them are caused by their disabilities the others being insignificant in comparison , so that's why I said , that they are perfect. And I still do think so.
That said there obviously aren't any girls in the world with such qualities even (and please excuse me for the offensive description) ugly and unnatractive and overweight girls seem to act superior to you , which is why KS touched a nerve because , for the third time in this post , compared to real life : Dem gurls be perfect.
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

If you want perfect people to take away all your problems, go read Twilight. The sparkly vampires will come to carry you to the magical land of Forks, Washington.

We live in the real world. No one's perfect. If you think someone's perfect, it's likely because you've put them on a pedestal. this isn't fair to them or to yourself, because the moment they fail to meet your expectations, you consider yourself justified in treating them like a lying piece of garbage.

Hanako is perfect... except for the fact that doesn't trust anyone, expects the worst of everyone, even if they've been nothing but kind to her, and bottles up her hate for herself and others.
Emi is perfect... except for her refusal to be helped by anyone, and her refusal to allow anyone to get close to her, because she doesn't need their pity.
Rin is perfect... except for her total inability to communicate or otherwise connect with others, and her quixotic and self-destructive quest to find a shared sense of meaning through the very denial of meaning.
Lilly is perfect... except for her tendency to stifle others with her care and protection, never seeing others as equals, and never allowing themselves to prove they are equal.
Shizune is perfect... except for her snap judgments on the character of others, instantly deciding most others are worthless and lazy; her overweening pride that never allows her to admit defeat; her callous and selfish treatment of those closest to her, taking them for granted unless something goes wrong.

You'll never find anyone in real life as perfect as them. Because, in the real world, there are only evil selfish bitches, who secretly plan the downfall of men, who are seen as nothing more than playthings, to be used and thrown away.

Listen to yourself. It's pathetic. People here hate Jigoro, but, frankly, most people need a Jigoro to call them out on their shit. KS has good endings and bad endings. Most of the bad endings come from Hisao being a whiny little shit that expects to just stumble upon the perfect girl and live happily ever after.

You have two choices. You can mope about how life isn't fair and no one lives up to your imaginary friends; OR you can get your act together, live in the world you live in with the life you're given, and do something with it.

Are YOU "devoid of flaws which are caused by bad or evil intentions"? Do YOU never act superior to others? Yes? You're lying. Your posts here are evidence enough of that. No? Then why the fuck would one of those "perfect" girls even give you the time of day?

You want to find your Lilly/Hanako/Emi/Rin/Shizune? Then man up, and start acting like someone worthy of them. You won't find Lilly/Hanako/Emi/Rin/Shizune, though. You won't want to. If you find a girl that's right for you, she'll be better than any of these girls. She won't be perfect, and there are likely things about her that will piss you off. If you learn how to love her, and she learns to love you, you'll learn to get by.

Even then, though, there's more to life than romantic love. Many people never find romantic love, even among those that get married and/or have tons of sex. It is better to learn the other forms of love first, as they're more valuable in life, and generally more rewarding. Romantic love is wonderful, but it is not the end-all be-all.

Apologies for the harshness. Posts like these come almost on schedule, and, even after several helpful responses, it seems like most of them just don't get it.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Potato

Post by Potato »

yassodude wrote:Sh!t Helbereth ... right on the spot. If i didn't know any better I'd swear you were hiding under my bed . No seriously , I've done most of the things you mention but the feels won't go away , and I went to the nearest pharmacy and they told me they ran out of Feels-Be-Gone 5 days after KS was released .... It's just sooooooooooo depressing ...
Also :
Potato wrote:What game were you playing? There isn't a perfect person among the whole cast, including the girls.
You obviously didn't meet women , compared to the most girls nowadays , i'd venture and say the girls in KS are perfect on the inside , not as in no flaws mind you (although than is what perfect means) But they are devoid of flaws which are caused by bad or evil intentions , most flaws in them are caused by their disabilities the others being insignificant in comparison , so that's why I said , that they are perfect. And I still do think so.
That said there obviously aren't any girls in the world with such qualities even (and please excuse me for the offensive description) ugly and unnatractive and overweight girls seem to act superior to you , which is why KS touched a nerve because , for the third time in this post , compared to real life : Dem gurls be perfect.
If they have flaws, then they are by definition not perfect. Even going by your own subjective definition, they won't be perfect, because others will view them as imperfect. But I digress. On to your complaints: No real girls are as "perfect" as the Yamaku clan.

How do you know? How long have you searched, how many have you known? If you haven't found her yet, keep looking if it pleases you. Hell, you might actually find Lilly or Shizune or Emi. But they won't be perfect. Sure, they're great in the story, but it's a story. Real life is more than that. Any real equivalent to them will be even more flawed than the fictional versions in KS. Real life means far more than "Let's go to a festival, date until we're really happy, then freeze everything on a perpetual high note". Real life is a bitch. The fact is that true perfection does not and, logically, cannot exist.

If you're after perfection then you might as well kill yourself because death, at least, is perfectly final. And that's the only perfection to ever be had in existence. (Morbid? Why, yes! Also true, so deal with it.)

If you're after happiness, well, consider the fact that happiness only exists as a contrast to sadness. If nothing bad ever happened, happiness would become the default constant state and thus lose its value. A perfect life is a worthless life.

You want perfection? End your life.

You want happiness? Do whatever it takes to get it. That can mean either facing reality or escaping it via any of a large number of methods (there's a ton of TV and games out there to occupy you). It's your choice.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
yassodude

Post by yassodude »

ProfAllister wrote:If you want perfect people to take away all your problems, go read Twilight. The sparkly vampires will come to carry you to the magical land of Forks, Washington.

We live in the real world. No one's perfect. If you think someone's perfect, it's likely because you've put them on a pedestal. this isn't fair to them or to yourself, because the moment they fail to meet your expectations, you consider yourself justified in treating them like a lying piece of garbage.

Hanako is perfect... except for the fact that doesn't trust anyone, expects the worst of everyone, even if they've been nothing but kind to her, and bottles up her hate for herself and others.
Emi is perfect... except for her refusal to be helped by anyone, and her refusal to allow anyone to get close to her, because she doesn't need their pity.
Rin is perfect... except for her total inability to communicate or otherwise connect with others, and her quixotic and self-destructive quest to find a shared sense of meaning through the very denial of meaning.
Lilly is perfect... except for her tendency to stifle others with her care and protection, never seeing others as equals, and never allowing themselves to prove they are equal.
Shizune is perfect... except for her snap judgments on the character of others, instantly deciding most others are worthless and lazy; her overweening pride that never allows her to admit defeat; her callous and selfish treatment of those closest to her, taking them for granted unless something goes wrong.

You'll never find anyone in real life as perfect as them. Because, in the real world, there are only evil selfish bitches, who secretly plan the downfall of men, who are seen as nothing more than playthings, to be used and thrown away.

Listen to yourself. It's pathetic. People here hate Jigoro, but, frankly, most people need a Jigoro to call them out on their shit. KS has good endings and bad endings. Most of the bad endings come from Hisao being a whiny little shit that expects to just stumble upon the perfect girl and live happily ever after.

You have two choices. You can mope about how life isn't fair and no one lives up to your imaginary friends; OR you can get your act together, live in the world you live in with the life you're given, and do something with it.

Are YOU "devoid of flaws which are caused by bad or evil intentions"? Do YOU never act superior to others? Yes? You're lying. Your posts here are evidence enough of that. No? Then why the fuck would one of those "perfect" girls even give you the time of day?

You want to find your Lilly/Hanako/Emi/Rin/Shizune? Then man up, and start acting like someone worthy of them. You won't find Lilly/Hanako/Emi/Rin/Shizune, though. You won't want to. If you find a girl that's right for you, she'll be better than any of these girls. She won't be perfect, and there are likely things about her that will piss you off. If you learn how to love her, and she learns to love you, you'll learn to get by.

Even then, though, there's more to life than romantic love. Many people never find romantic love, even among those that get married and/or have tons of sex. It is better to learn the other forms of love first, as they're more valuable in life, and generally more rewarding. Romantic love is wonderful, but it is not the end-all be-all.

Apologies for the harshness. Posts like these come almost on schedule, and, even after several helpful responses, it seems like most of them just don't get it.
Dude WTF is wrong with you ? Why did you take it so personnally . I didn't post in here so someone who acts like he is above humans and knows everything could lecture me like a Wannabe Life coach. I came here to vent and to get things off my mind if you don't like it you can kindly disconnect your internet connection and go read a book for all i care. I get you appologised at the end but you don't seem to understand the purpose of this post , you want to be a life coach please do it somewhere else . YOu think there are alot of these posts then leave the forums . You think romantic love is not important go buy a sex doll . Also sorry for the rudeness but honestly :
I posted this to feel better not worse ...
yassodude

Post by yassodude »

and Potato why are you so bitter , take it easy . came here to VENT , if there were perfect girls out there I wouldn't feel depressed now would I ? THAT's why I'm saying that the depression is caused by the knowledge that the situations in KS are in fact too good to be true ... seriously don't get your panties in a bunch we can all be friends here.