what's with the fried shrimp?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

traitor

what's with the fried shrimp?

Post by traitor »

I can't be the first person to comment on this, but I couldn't find any other mentions using the search button

so is there any reason the devs chose a picture of hot frying shrimps that filters adult content?
Brogurt

Re: what's with the fried shrimp?

Post by Brogurt »

I think they're actually pron prawn. There's also cuttlefish, cantaloupes, and a mouse, apparently randomized. I don't know why.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Melons, mollusks, and a chinchilla. :3
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Omurice

Post by Omurice »

Bonus points if the shrimp appears before Hanako's H-scene. :|
CrimsonKnight0

Post by CrimsonKnight0 »

Omurice wrote:Bonus points if the shrimp appears before Hanako's H-scene. :|

Turning an emotional scene into a "WHAT" and some nervous laughter.
When Yamaku is... ashes, you have my permission to die.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

I could make so many jokes about grill fish censorship and Hanako's umm...personal hygiene right now but I'm not.
MishaAtHerEmiest

Post by MishaAtHerEmiest »

I was at my cousin's house and she was watching me play KS so naturally I had the adult content off. When that scene came up she was like "what's with the melon?" and I was just laughing.
I am Misha at her Emiest. It's a fact of life.
Character: Misha>Emi>Shizune>Rin>Hanako>Lilly
Path: Emi>Rin>Lilly>Hanako=Shizune
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Aside from principle, this is another reason I keep the "adult content" enabled. The chosen form of censorship is just too ridiculous. XD
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

They could have used a montage of the tower of Pisa rising up from the ground, a train entering a tunnel, fireworks exploding, etc.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

WorldlyWiseman wrote:They could have used a montage of the tower of Pisa rising up from the ground, a train entering a tunnel, fireworks exploding, etc.
Censorship ideas:

Emi: A hole being drilled into a lemon with a power drill.

Lilly: A giant sign reading "You're clearly a gay man. Just go to Kenji's room already."

Hanako: Handfuls of crispy bacon being thrown into a heated pan.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

The devs would make us hungry while censoring sex scenes.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Shizune: An old woman sitting there with one of those oversized trumpet things held to her ear.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Xanatos wrote:
WorldlyWiseman wrote:They could have used a montage of the tower of Pisa rising up from the ground, a train entering a tunnel, fireworks exploding, etc.
Censorship ideas:

Lilly: A giant sign reading "You're clearly a gay man. Just go to Kenji's room already."

Why in the name of fucking an electrical outlet would you put cooked bacon into a hot pan?
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Pyramid Head wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Censorship ideas:

Why in the name of fucking an electrical outlet would you put cooked bacon into a hot pan?
Just to hear the sizzle. And watch it scorch and burn, to further symbolize Hanako. :mrgreen:
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Xanatos wrote:
Pyramid Head wrote:Why in the name of fucking an electrical outlet would you put cooked bacon into a hot pan?
Just to hear the sizzle. And watch it scorch and burn, to further symbolize Hanako. :mrgreen:
But if you cooked it, you already cooked the grease out, so it won't sizzle. Besides, why would you ever pan-cook bacon? You put it on a metal rack over a cookie sheet so you can keep the shape and collect the drippings! Use your head or i'm taking the fucking thing!

Besides, bacon is cured and smoked before its cooked. Hanako was grilled. We need to come up with a better tasteless metaphor.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.