The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Re: Share your feelings.

Post by Oddball »

bragança wrote:This is game is so powerful that I'm feeling lonely just because the story is over. I connect with Hanako in such a way that I can't even start another path. I think about her every day, every hour of the day. My only wish is that I could live the experience of the game in real life.
Does anybody feel that way?
At least half the forum at one point or another.

Although in some cases you may need to replace "Hanako" with Emi, Rin, Lilly, or Misha. Probably not Shizune though. Nobody really likes her. There's just a few people that lie about it and say they do. :P
Not Dead Yet
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Yes a lot of people go through this
Keneshiro

Re: Is this bad?

Post by Keneshiro »

Frosty015 wrote:Guys, is it bad that I find myself constantly thinking of Hanako?
Is it bad that I always listen to the KS soundtrack each night, and nearly be brought to tears as I remember each moment with Hanako?
Is it bad that I'm suddenly a lot more attracted to disabled people?
Is it bad that I'm trying to find my Hanako in life?

I seriously can't stop thinking about her.
Something is wrong with me guys.
What do I do? :cry:
Welp the thing is, I HAD a similar dilema as yours. I was lucky enough that KS forum viewers were nice enough to actually read through the wall of text I wrote and gave some thoughtful answers.
Link if you're interested.
Now, on to the questions

1) Maybe. Do you ignore everything else in life just to fantasize about her? If the fact that she has had a negative effect on you means that yes, it's bad. If not, then I'd say you just have a very vivid imagination.
2) I assumed extensive and repeated exposure to songs tend to dull the blade, somewhat. If listening to the song just bums you out and just wrecks you, stop it. However, like the first question, you have to evaluate it's effect on your life before you can judge whether it's good or bad.
3) Well, the thing is, like so many of KS forum users have said, and I tend to agree with them, is that the girls in the game have been drawn/designed to be attractive. Or do you mean disabled people in general?
4) Finding your Hanako eh? Some people would disagree with me but I believe that out there somewhere, there is a girl/guy (to each his own) for every one of us. I myself believe that by changing for the better and improving myself, I will find my Hanako. No I don't mean a traumatized burn victim, but someone who shares similar traits as her. So to say that you are looking for 'your Hanako', I wouldn't say that's a bad thing, just don't yell it out for everyone to hear :3

I also noticed that you're 15. I'm no expert, but I suspect that you're feeling the social pressures of getting a girl. Not accusing you or anything, just my two cents worth.

In conclusion, the fact that you have this attachment to a non-existent character perhaps gives you motivation to change for the better. OR you could just ignore it and let it all pass.
Image <<< The waifu
i write crazy stories: A Visit to the Hospital
rosemarie-chan

Post by rosemarie-chan »

I also felt kinda like that after I completed Emi's route (my first route, excluding the manly picnic :lol: ). That is why, even though I was interested in Rin's personality, I chose not to do her path next, as Emi would be present to some extent. If I was in your place, I would not do Lilly's route next because it would remind me of Hanako.

I also deliberately let at least a week pass before I did another route, firstly because I wanted to let this experience linger on my mind for as long as possible (if I played another route right away I would probably mix them and forget some stuff about the previous route), secondly because I wanted to relax and let the intense feelings go away and lastly because I wanted the game to last more.

To be honest, however, my favourite character and route was Lilly's, and I played that last, so there wasn't any route to follow, thus I can't completely relate to you. But I also felt these feelings, and I believe by experience that they will smoothen over time. :D
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Oddball wrote:Probably not Shizune though. Nobody really likes her. There's just a few people that lie about it and say they do. :P
...Say, would you like to join me for a manly picnic? :twisted:

@OP: Most people do around here.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
ojamamask

Post by ojamamask »

Guys, is it bad that I find myself constantly thinking of Hanako?
Is it bad that I always listen to the KS soundtrack each night, and nearly be brought to tears as I remember each moment with Hanako?

1) No
2) No
3) No
4) No

Serious answers but time heals all wounds. Just think about what make you get the feels during your playthrough and then see what you can do to make your life better.
Also, I used to get a lump in my throat every time I listened to Romance in Andante. So what I did was print off the sheet music and learned it. By the end I felt happy that I knew the piece and I didn't get emotional when I listened to it.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Frosty015 wrote:Is it bad that I'm trying to find my Hanako in life?
Hell no it ain't bad. You've just got a more specific preference of the type of girl that you like. As long as the reason isn't because of white-knighting, then its perfectly fine. I thought the same thing when I first went through Lilly's route.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

If it means that yu're more open to a realtionship with a disabled person, then it's good. Disabled people need love too.
If it means you're fetishizing their disabilities, then it's bad. Very very bad.
Not Dead Yet
yummines

Post by yummines »

Frosty015 wrote:Guys, is it bad that I find myself constantly thinking of Hanako?

its not bad as long as it doesnt become obsessive
its only bad if it starts to interfere with your life, like you put off school-work to listen to the KS soundtrack
its only bad if it means you prefer people to be disabled, or suddenly find disabled people sexy.
nope. as long as you arent trying to look for someone specifically with burn scars you should be fine.

and well just relax because you just got hit hard with feels. most people who play this game get that so it should wear off eventually.
yummines

Re: Just finished the game and this is my first post. Oh man

Post by yummines »

everyone gets the feels sometime after playing this game
Frosty015

Post by Frosty015 »

Keneshiro wrote:
Well in general, listening to the soundtrack doesn't make me JUST depressed, but it's the major emotion I'm feeling (I think). Mostly I feel sentimental, and feelings associated with that.

Regarding your answer to my 3rd question, I'm talking about disabled people in general, I've learned to overlook their problems and appreciate them for who they are..

Thanks for your answers guys :D

Also, something interesting I'd like to share:
Whenever I read books for long periods of time, let's say around 3 hours or more of uninterrupted reading, the moment that I am no longer reading and now interacting with others or simply doing stuff, I find that suddenly my mind begins to narrate every single action I do, and even thoughts are preempted with something like "and because of this, I begin to think that x"
Normally whatever way my mind narrates would follow the author's style of writing.

Once I finished KS, I got some sort of "bleeding effect" (Yes, assassin's creed reference.) in the sense that I'm more like hisao in some things I do, and I do this actions unconsciously along with having my mind narrate and think the way hisao does in the VN. The game also made me more receptive to some things I read, like one time I read an article which talked about the habits of shy people. Moments later, I found myself unconsciously doing these habits o.O

I'm not the only one who's had this, since my friend seems to be having the same experience, although the personality change is amplified for him.

By now, the narrator in my head has gone, along with the personality changes, except for some, which managed to change me completely.

In general, I'm a slightly shy person, but I've begun to create a "misha" outer shell, which helps me become more outgoing when I am with others. Alone, or when talking to no one I tend to become quiet and withdrawn.(Which due to my height makes people think I'm scary :lol: )

Whenever I listen to the KS soundtrack, that would be when the narrator and everything returns to me, which is slightly fun to use, except for when the feels come in..
Keneshiro

Post by Keneshiro »

Frosty015 wrote:
Keneshiro wrote:
Well in general, listening to the soundtrack doesn't make me JUST depressed, but it's the major emotion I'm feeling (I think). Mostly I feel sentimental, and feelings associated with that.

Whenever I listen to the KS soundtrack, that would be when the narrator and everything returns to me, which is slightly fun to use, except for when the feels come in..
Look, as long as you're not going 'ZOMG GUYZ I'M MOVING TO JAPAN TO FIND MY WAIFU' or on the other end of the spectrum, being depressed, then you'll probably be fine.
Image <<< The waifu
i write crazy stories: A Visit to the Hospital
Frosty015

Post by Frosty015 »

Keneshiro wrote:
That's off the list, I don't even know how to speak japanese :lol:
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Yes.
Yes. Crybaby.
I once gotten a (rather bad)* blow job from a blind girl at a college party. So no, it's not bad to be attracted to disabled people unless you make it a sick nasty fetish.

*(We were rather both drunk and awkward virgins. Plus, me trying to guide the girl was rather... humorous to say the least but it was still awkward )
Cry moar.

No but really, it happens to all of us when we have a deep connection to a fictional character. We can relate to said character and issues they have and there's nothing wrong with that.

Naw but seriously, cry moar.
TisBeMarc

How to sleep after Lilly's arc?

Post by TisBeMarc »

Insomnia after the game.
Last edited by TisBeMarc on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.