Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pseudogenesis

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Walrusfella wrote:Good food is a fine subject for a discussion, but it's also severely off topic.

Edit:
Pseudogenisis wrote:You shouldn't. Simultaneously some of the best and worst days of my life. Best because, well Japan and worst because I was a slightly weird kid accompanied by kids. Needless to say, I didn't have the greatest time.

But to be honest it wasn't too bad, and the trip was amazing. I don't regret it a bit. You need to go someday. In fact, that's where you should move after you dump the town you're currently living in. :D
That sounds like an amazing experience. Did it shape who you eventually became, or not so much?

Always with the big topics in this thread, huh. :p I guess you could say that it shaped me, in that I became a little less of a kid and a little more of a cynic, but all-in-all it was worth sacrificing a little naivete to visit such a beautiful country.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

Thanks for the replies to my story guys. I realize that she probably did use me since it does not make much sense otherwise that she would string me along like that. Its not the first time i have been used though. Highschool was worse, i liked this girl that i knew through one of my best friends, she and i went on a few dates, but then i found out she was just going out with me to get with my friend. My friend was the one who told me and said she came on to him, and he denied her because of me, i was really happy to have such a good friend, and i am still very good friends with him today. That messed up my confidence so much back then, but i managed to work through that, so its mostly in the past.
Disguised Kenji

Post by Disguised Kenji »

Axelownz wrote:Thanks for the replies to my story guys. I realize that she probably did use me since it does not make much sense otherwise that she would string me along like that. Its not the first time i have been used though. Highschool was worse, i liked this girl that i knew through one of my best friends, she and i went on a few dates, but then i found out she was just going out with me to get with my friend. My friend was the one who told me and said she came on to him, and he denied her because of me, i was really happy to have such a good friend, and i am still very good friends with him today. That messed up my confidence so much back then, but i managed to work through that, so its mostly in the past.
Wow, now that's a really good friend. A really great bro.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Axelownz wrote:Thanks for the replies to my story guys. I realize that she probably did use me since it does not make much sense otherwise that she would string me along like that. Its not the first time i have been used though. Highschool was worse, i liked this girl that i knew through one of my best friends, she and i went on a few dates, but then i found out she was just going out with me to get with my friend. My friend was the one who told me and said she came on to him, and he denied her because of me, i was really happy to have such a good friend, and i am still very good friends with him today. That messed up my confidence so much back then, but i managed to work through that, so its mostly in the past.
Give that guy a brofist for me.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Keneshiro

Post by Keneshiro »

Xanatos wrote:
Throw in a slap on the back from me. That's a real friend right there.
Image <<< The waifu
i write crazy stories: A Visit to the Hospital
kushiro

Post by kushiro »

Xiious wrote:Just a little update guys.

I feel like giving up on real life women. Not that there's anything else to be had elsewhere, just that I tire of always getting stepped on. 2D VN girls all the way now. ._.

I'm healing at an okay pace, haven't been able to move around much. On the flip side, I'm thinking of moving again, but this time to someplace far away from here. I might move to Arizona. God I love having dual citizenship.
Alaska.

It's awesome up here...

When it isn't -60F.

And the mosquitoes don't try to carry you away.
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Ah Japan! I have been there so many times already. There is nothing quite like it, both in good and in bad things. We can learn much from them and they could learn much from us. For people who like anime, video games, etc... it's really the country to go to. If you don't have any other reason to do so, getting money to visit Japan is one of the reasons to find a job and save up for.

Axelowns, your friend is (as?) a friend indeed. Besides, he was smart enough to understand that getting into a relationship with a girl who'd use the "use the friend" tactics is probably not a very good idea.

Xiious, that's really not a good idea. To tell a slightly embarrassing episode in my life, long, long ago I was playing Star Fox adventures, with the Krystal character, and I ended up turning the camera just so to look under her loincloth, ... and I got excited by it. :P At that moment I realized: "This is too pathetic! I really need to get out there and look for a real girlfriend!" Video games are fun, and from some, like KS, you can learn something important from, but they're not a substitute for real life, or for real love. I also think how it's ironic how may gamers will spend countless hours in a game, especially in difficult ones, and get defeated time and again, yet persist to see the good ending. But in reality, the same people give up in the face of even the slightest adversity. In real life, just as in games, to be successful, you need perseverance, but not doggedly so, and also, the willingness to try different approaches and strategies if your current approach or strategy isn't working.
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Beoran wrote:Ah Japan! I have been there so many times already. There is nothing quite like it, both in good and in bad things. We can learn much from them and they could learn much from us. For people who like anime, video games, etc... it's really the country to go to. If you don't have any other reason to do so, getting money to visit Japan is one of the reasons to find a job and save up for.
Ahh, I hate you too! :x

And for people who like anime and video games, I have one word: Akihabara. It's a great place for nerdy tourists. XD

Sadly, I don't think I could live in Japan. Certain aspects of the culture strike me as being oppressive and frustrating in the long run.

And I'll find a job next year once I'm out of here. This place is literally so depressing to me, it saps my motivation to even get money. :lol:

(Also, you should all follow the steps in my signature. Seriously. I get rare stuff for it. Do it.)
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Nyzer

Post by Nyzer »

I liked Arizona weather well enough (my dad lives there), and I'm just as Canadian as Xiious is. However, it's much better with a pool. Though... you must never go into the pool, with a book, with no sunscreen, midsummer, and suddenly realize that two hours passed with your upper body leaning over the edge of the pool above the water while you were reading. I would say there were blisters the next morning, but that would be inaccurate. Because there was no plural ... not for several days. It was one. One. Extending from a quarter of the way down my left arm, around my back and neck, and going a quarter of the way down my right arm. Sleep did not come easy and I couldn't wear a shirt for a solid week.
I feel like giving up on real life women. Not that there's anything else to be had elsewhere, just that I tire of always getting stepped on.
Yeah. I did that, only it was just with people. No discrimination here. Hell, I won't even be spending the holidays with family members this year. I simply don't want to.
i was really happy to have such a good friend
Yeah, this.

Edit: what the hell, quoting just broke.
All you really need to know is that there's a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning. I wish I could make something like that up; it shoots shurikens and lightning.
Wanderingheartache

Post by Wanderingheartache »

I haven't been around quite as much lately, but I was glad I could read through this... your friend sounds like a really awesome person. I wish I had true bros like that in high school, hell I wish I really was one... but I know that I wasn't and that I have a long way to go on the path of redemption. I hope your friendship with him lasts for a long time. n_n

I received a text a few hours ago from a friend I hadn't heard from in a long time, it turns out a former friend of ours went missing and so did her husband... I don't really know why it worries the person who texted me or even why it concerns me. But apparently there were some unresolved feelings this former friend had neglected to sort out with us... I want to hope that everything will turn out okay but I can't shake this uneasy feeling that I should be truly worried, the person who texted me clearly was and it isn't "petty guild business" either.
I was drawn to this for a reason, the name I picked was for a reason deeper than I can actually think of... Yamaku is not just a fantasy to me.

(no avatar, I choose to be faceless willingly...)
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Well, it doesn't really matter where I go, as long as I move away from this place. I seriously need to get away from here. The only thing that's keeping me here is lack of a place to go to, as well as Her grave. I just feel like I need to leave things behind right now, and let go. I feel like I need a few years away from this place...
Beoran

Post by Beoran »

Xiious, I think it ight be a very good idea to make some distance between you and that place. It only holds memories of the past for you, and those are not really comforting to you right now. Your future is most likely elsewhere. I hope you'll find a nice place to live as soon as possible.
Kind Regards, B.
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here.
Take a look at Eruta my jRPG under development. New web site since december 2012.
Play Ature, my free and open source indie Atari 2600 action adventure game.
All great love is above pity: for it wants - to create what is loved! -- F. Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Beoran wrote:Xiious, I think it ight be a very good idea to make some distance between you and that place. It only holds memories of the past for you, and those are not really comforting to you right now. Your future is most likely elsewhere. I hope you'll find a nice place to live as soon as possible.
I know, I realized that after quite a bit of thought.
I don't know where I'm going yet, but I do know I need to go somewhere.
Nyzer

Post by Nyzer »

Yeah, I know the feeling of wanting to leave the place you're at.

Enjoy your dual citizenship if you want to make use of it - I'd toyed with the idea of moving down to Arizona myself, but being born in Alberta, with one parent also born in Alberta and the other one in Saskatchewan, I would need to do quite a fair bit of hoop-jumping before I could even get a job down there. So... no.
All you really need to know is that there's a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning. I wish I could make something like that up; it shoots shurikens and lightning.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

If I could get my license, and a car, I'd take a long road trip. I've got over $20,000 saved up, I just need the drive to leave my computer behind with all my visual novels....

Screw it, I'll buy a laptop and stick them all on there. >>