what do you think life for Hanako is like in

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

random

what do you think life for Hanako is like in

Post by random »

the non-her own/Lilly's route? Like what would happen to her post-Yamaku when Lilly goes to Scotland and Hisao is busy dying from a manly picnic/comforting Misha/enduring the Hakamichi clan/ruining Emi and RIn's lives, etc?
theartificial

Re: what do you think life for Hanako is like in

Post by theartificial »

Sitting in the library, reading a book, avoiding others, sipping some wine. You know the standard stuff.
Shizune, Lilly, Hanako, Emi, Rin, Suzu, Rika, Saki, Aiko.
---------------Member of Katawa Seiyu (KSF)---------------
--------------Member of Katawa Seiyu (HBHC)--------------
I take requests for Userbars like mine, PM me if your interested.
random

Post by random »

theartificial wrote:Sitting in the library, reading a book, avoiding others, sipping some wine. You know the standard stuff.

standard stuff like getting drunk on second glass of wine and throwing herself at closest male?
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

random wrote:
theartificial wrote:Sitting in the library, reading a book, avoiding others, sipping some wine. You know the standard stuff.

standard stuff like getting drunk on second glass of wine and throwing herself at closest male?
Yeah, that kind of standard stuff. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
theartificial

Post by theartificial »

But seriously I reckon she'd be the same as in Lilly's route, she'd go traveling with Naomi, correct me if that name is wrong.
RecoiL

Post by RecoiL »

She would probably be able to partially get over her social phobia at some point. Actually she would pretty much have no choice but to do so... Maybe she would be able to find a nice little job that doesn't involve social contacts. Maybe she would settle in the town next to Yamaku, where people are more tollerant and already used to things like her condition.

Dunno.
theartificial wrote:But seriously I reckon she'd be the same as in Lilly's route, she'd go traveling with Naomi, correct me if that name is wrong.
I'm pretty sure that won't happen, or at least not as soon. It was due to Hisao befriending her that she managed to crack open her shell.
Image Gluehuffers, all of you.
txalolrn9

Post by txalolrn9 »

She puts an argyle swaggervest over a long pillow and furiously rubs the lower region of it against the inside of her legs until she climaxes and screams out Hisao's name in ecstasy ... then cries herself to sleep.
It only hurts when I breathe
theartificial

Post by theartificial »

RecoiL wrote:or at least not as soon.
I was meant to put something like that in with my statement, damn.
Nyzer

Post by Nyzer »

She's slightly better in Shizune's route, if you keep an eye out. Other than that? I'd assume it to be largely unchanged from how she is normally. Some subtle changes, but nothing like she's seen to do in those two routes she stars in.
All you really need to know is that there's a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning. I wish I could make something like that up; it shoots shurikens and lightning.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

She slowly opens up to her therapist and by the end of the year manages to function normally.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Most of you are saying that, without Hisao's influence, she's incapable of adjusting to changing circumstance, unable to deal with social interaction, and likely to wind up living alone, working alone and generally living a sad, depressing life. I don't think you're giving her enough credit.

Did a single one of you actually read her route, or were you just not paying attention?

She doesn't need Hisao's, nor anyone else's, influence to learn to deal with the world. Therapy, perhaps, but lots of people need that; more than can usually admit it, truthfully. Perhaps without a solid friendship or two, it may take a little longer, but she isn't a porcelain doll fit to be shattered at the slightest inconvenience - she says as much more than once.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I personally believe that Hanako will leave Yamaku in better shape than she came, but she'd still have a lot of trouble functioning correctly and her social phobia would still be there...frankly, I think even after Lilly's/Hanako's route, she'd still have her baggage, but within her small social circle she'd be able to function almost normally.
But seriously I reckon she'd be the same as in Lilly's route, she'd go traveling with Naomi, correct me if that name is wrong.
No, it's Naomi, but I personally don't think she'd open up to her neighbour in class if it hadn't been for Hisao befriending her. A non-blind person showing interest in her really seemed to increase her confidence in the long-run, be it as a boyfriend or an ordinary friend. I think part of the reason she got involved with Naomi and the newspaper club was because she knew that if things didn't work out, she still had Hisao and Lilly to fall back on.
She slowly opens up to her therapist and by the end of the year manages to function normally.
I doubt that. Trauma of that kind doesn't go away that quickly.
Did a single one of you actually read her route, or were you just not paying attention?

She doesn't need Hisao's, nor anyone else's, influence to learn to deal with the world. Therapy, perhaps, but lots of people need that; more than can usually admit it, truthfully. Perhaps without a solid friendship or two, it may take a little longer, but she isn't a porcelain doll fit to be shattered at the slightest inconvenience - she says as much more than once.
I did. However, I've also noticed that people tend to take the "she's not a porcelain doll"-thing too far and like to pretend that Hanako doesn't need human support to get out of her rut. She does.

If Hanako really did not need Hisao and Lilly's influence, she'd have improved her own condition on her own already. But before Lilly moved into the room next to her, Hanako was even worse, even though she probably had therapy already. What I imagine a lot of the therapy involves is the therapist trying to change Hanako's worldview and get her to take small initiatives to improve her interaction with others. That's difficult because part of Hanako's problem is her deeply cynical view of her peers. In order for those views to change, she'll need people whose actions contradict those views. She needs friends who want to be with her and who won't betray her, so she eventually gets a more positive view on people in general. Without people whose actions contradict her beliefs about people in general, she'll remain in her isolated little world.

There's a difference between not shattering and recovering from a major trauma without needing any additional support.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Guest Poster wrote:I personally believe that Hanako will leave Yamaku in better shape than she came, but she'd still have a lot of trouble functioning correctly and her social phobia would still be there...frankly, I think even after Lilly's/Hanako's route, she'd still have her baggage, but within her small social circle she'd be able to function almost normally.
No, it's Naomi, but I personally don't think she'd open up to her neighbour in class if it hadn't been for Hisao befriending her. A non-blind person showing interest in her really seemed to increase her confidence in the long-run, be it as a boyfriend or an ordinary friend. I think part of the reason she got involved with Naomi and the newspaper club was because she knew that if things didn't work out, she still had Hisao and Lilly to fall back on.

I did. However, I've also noticed that people tend to take the "she's not a porcelain doll"-thing too far and like to pretend that Hanako doesn't need human support to get out of her rut. She does.

If Hanako really did not need Hisao and Lilly's influence, she'd have improved her own condition on her own already. But before Lilly moved into the room next to her, Hanako was even worse, even though she probably had therapy already. What I imagine a lot of the therapy involves is the therapist trying to change Hanako's worldview and get her to take small initiatives to improve her interaction with others. That's difficult because part of Hanako's problem is her deeply cynical view of her peers. In order for those views to change, she'll need people whose actions contradict those views. She needs friends who want to be with her and who won't betray her, so she eventually gets a more positive view on people in general. Without people whose actions contradict her beliefs about people in general, she'll remain in her isolated little world.

There's a difference between not shattering and recovering from a major trauma without needing any additional support.

Oh sure, i just shout at a guest poster for making a straw man argument then you make a good last argument. Goddamn you!

I kid. Well said, and you are right, Hanako does need some support but not a rescuer, though maybe you'd also agree with me that it could have been anyone to help her climb out of her rut, not Hisao or Lilly specifically. Hell, if anything Shizune would have done a better job than Lilly because Lilly never challenged her to improve even though we see she can be competitive. Maybe you'd want to put Misha on Ritalin before trying that mind...
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

She'd be the way she's always been. Timid, isolated, damaged, and clinging to Lilly like a lost puppy at all times. It's largely the events in her/Lilly's routes that help her improve so without them, she'd just be the same as always, barring wild speculation.

You could speculate her therapy would eventually help but I'd counter that speculation with the firsthand observation that therapists are often pretentious, overbearing twats that only make shit worse.
Last edited by Xanatos on Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Guest Poster wrote:
Function normally by her standards, as in "not freaking out in class on a somewhat constant basis"