Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Nobody in Particular
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Nowhere in particular

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Nobody in Particular » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:50 am

BobBobberson wrote: It's good, but it's pretty damn confusing. Nothing makes sense until the last part of the story. But I wasn't really sensing a horror atmosphere, it was more a 'dafuq is this shit' kinda thing. It's not as scary as Saya no Uta, that's fer sure. But still, I'd have to give a recommendation to it. If you do get it though, pay attention when you hear heartbeats. I noticed them a few times, but only after like the 5th or 6th one did I notice that you could affect what the protag sees and/or does by clicking either the green or red heartbeat thingy on the top screen.
Oh, and there are hot chicks dicking around with swords.
Okay then, I may give that one a try sometime soon. As we all know, cute girls with weaponry always makes stuff popular.
TheSongofRaven wrote:And, can someone give news about majikoi translate ? i really want to play again :3
You do realise that the Miyako route will probably take at least another year to be translated, right? As well as that the side routes and true route are yet to be completed. I think the Miyako route is about 50% at the moment.

Although I haven't played Majikoi, nor do I follow the translation updates on it. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

stanman237
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by stanman237 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:52 am

Xanatos wrote:Ah, the frustration of foreign-language prompt boxes. Now that's nostalgia.

Lol in some cases installations is a 50/50 Guess with it usually being on the left side

Errors on the otherhand is annoying because you have no idea what happened

User avatar
acewing905
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:42 am
Location: Sri Lanka

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by acewing905 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:33 am

Nobody in Particular wrote:You do realise that the Miyako route will probably take at least another year to be translated, right? As well as that the side routes and true route are yet to be completed. I think the Miyako route is about 50% at the moment.

Although I haven't played Majikoi, nor do I follow the translation updates on it. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.
You're pretty much right. Their site is currently down, so their information and their patches are available at their IRC channel for now. But yeah, Miyako route is at 50%, and will take quite some time, as Takajun doesn't have much free time for this stuff anymore. And then there's the agave route as well, so even the main six routes will take quite some time to be translated.
stanman237 wrote:Lol in some cases installations is a 50/50 Guess with it usually being on the left side

Errors on the otherhand is annoying because you have no idea what happened
"インストール" <- Try to remember this word. (Copy and paste it somewhere, perhaps.) Click that, and you're on the way to installing.

And about errors, FUN FACT: Most error messages actually support CTRL+C, even though you can't select the text in any of them. CTRL+V in Google Translate, and you should be able to get a rough idea.
Image

User avatar
Nobody in Particular
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Nowhere in particular

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Nobody in Particular » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:12 am

acewing905 wrote:"インストール" <- Try to remember this word. (Copy and paste it somewhere, perhaps.) Click that, and you're on the way to installing.
Also most options have a letter in parenthesis which used to signify a certain word/action. For example the button to go to the next part of the installer (usually known as the next button) will usually have a (N) next to it.
acewing905 wrote:And about errors, FUN FACT: Most error messages actually support CTRL+C, even though you can't select the text in any of them. CTRL+V in Google Translate, and you should be able to get a rough idea.
Huh, I feel ashamed that I didn't know this. Do you just have to press ctrl+c when the window is selected or do you have to attempt to highlight the text beforehand?

User avatar
acewing905
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:42 am
Location: Sri Lanka

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by acewing905 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:43 am

Nobody in Particular wrote:Huh, I feel ashamed that I didn't know this. Do you just have to press ctrl+c when the window is selected or do you have to attempt to highlight the text beforehand?
Just CTRL+C. It doesn't work for all errors, but works for most. If you're lucky, it will work for the one you want.

Eg: CTRL+C on this:

Image

becomes:
---------------------------
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! Ver 1.01.0
---------------------------
End game?
---------------------------
Yes No
---------------------------
You can use it the same way on a Japanese error message and then paste it in Google Translator to get a general idea.
Nobody in Particular wrote:Also most options have a letter in parenthesis which used to signify a certain word/action. For example the button to go to the next part of the installer (usually known as the next button) will usually have a (N) next to it.
Not always.

Eg:

Image

In cases like this one, most of us blindly click the top-most available one, so it's okay, but sometimes, the install button appears somewhere else. (Don't really have a screenshot for that right now. :P )
Image

User avatar
Nobody in Particular
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Nowhere in particular

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Nobody in Particular » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:11 am

Ah, I see. Thank you based acewing905, although I hope I never need to use it. It may come in handy some time in the future.
acewing905 wrote:Not always.

In cases like this one, most of us blindly click the top-most available one, so it's okay, but sometimes, the install button appears somewhere else. (Don't really have a screenshot for that right now. :P )
I did say most options. Actually I probably should have said most installers, whatever. I think most of us blindly click on options regardless of the installer hints, when faced with foreign characters logic flies out the window.

Anyway, back on topic. Has anyone here played Gadget Trial? To those who have played it, is it any good?

User avatar
TheSongofRaven
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 9:32 pm
Location: Indonesia, Jakarta
Contact:

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by TheSongofRaven » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:31 am

acewing905 wrote:
Nobody in Particular wrote:You do realise that the Miyako route will probably take at least another year to be translated, right? As well as that the side routes and true route are yet to be completed. I think the Miyako route is about 50% at the moment.

Although I haven't played Majikoi, nor do I follow the translation updates on it. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.
You're pretty much right. Their site is currently down, so their information and their patches are available at their IRC channel for now. But yeah, Miyako route is at 50%, and will take quite some time, as Takajun doesn't have much free time for this stuff anymore. And then there's the agave route as well, so even the main six routes will take quite some time to be translated.
Well, i don't mind waiting for that :D just remembering how long i waiting Fallout New Vegas Skidrow's updates :P Hope the site is up again because already done 4 main route >.<
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791

User avatar
acewing905
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:42 am
Location: Sri Lanka

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by acewing905 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:49 am

TheSongofRaven wrote:
Well, i don't mind waiting for that :D just remembering how long i waiting Fallout New Vegas Skidrow's updates :P Hope the site is up again because already done 4 main route >.<
Site coming back up won't help, though. It'll take at least two more years for Takajun to finish the translation at this rate.
Image

User avatar
TheSongofRaven
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 9:32 pm
Location: Indonesia, Jakarta
Contact:

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by TheSongofRaven » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:57 am

acewing905 wrote:
TheSongofRaven wrote:
Well, i don't mind waiting for that :D just remembering how long i waiting Fallout New Vegas Skidrow's updates :P Hope the site is up again because already done 4 main route >.<
Site coming back up won't help, though. It'll take at least two more years for Takajun to finish the translation at this rate.
Hmmm, maybe you're right. But, maybe it's worth to keep wait for that. Have vn that you can recommend mate ? my VN supplies was gone out because i complete all of them >.<
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791

User avatar
Nobody in Particular
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Nowhere in particular

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Nobody in Particular » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:03 pm

TheSongofRaven wrote: Hmmm, maybe you're right. But, maybe it's worth to keep wait for that. Have vn that you can recommend mate ? my VN supplies was gone out because i complete all of them >.<
We can't recommend anything unless you tell us what you want in the VN or the genre, for example do you want a comedy, horror, fantasy? Also be sure to look at the top pages of VNDB in terms of ratings. You can't really go wrong with anything from the first three pages.

User avatar
TheSongofRaven
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 9:32 pm
Location: Indonesia, Jakarta
Contact:

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by TheSongofRaven » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Nobody in Particular wrote:
TheSongofRaven wrote: Hmmm, maybe you're right. But, maybe it's worth to keep wait for that. Have vn that you can recommend mate ? my VN supplies was gone out because i complete all of them >.<
We can't recommend anything unless you tell us what you want in the VN or the genre, for example do you want a comedy, horror, fantasy? Also be sure to look at the top pages of VNDB in terms of ratings. You can't really go wrong with anything from the first three pages.
Now you say that, i think.....comedy and fantasy one :D
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791

User avatar
TheSongofRaven
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 9:32 pm
Location: Indonesia, Jakarta
Contact:

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by TheSongofRaven » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:51 pm

Can someone explain this when i got H-Scene with mare ?
Attachments
gottroled2.jpg
can someone explain this ?
gottroled2.jpg (340.5 KiB) Viewed 1874 times
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Xanatos » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:00 am

Apparently, the Australian government's secret dolphin FBI gonna fuck you up. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
Mysterious Stranger
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:57 pm
Location: Washington, D.C.

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by Mysterious Stranger » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:06 am

TheSongofRaven wrote:Can someone explain this when i got H-Scene with mare ?
You need to delete the graph_vis folder before playing. Otherwise your Mare H-scene will be dolphins.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |

User avatar
BobBobberson
Posts: 215
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:25 am
Location: Teufort, Skyrim

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by BobBobberson » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:14 am

OK, what other Nitro+ VNs are out there and have full translations? Besides Chaos;Head and Saya no Uta.

Did find it odd that Chaos;Head was completely devoid of H-scenes. I mean come on, 6 hot girls dicking around with swords, and none of them get screwed by the protag? wut.
Last edited by BobBobberson on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply