Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

stanman237

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by stanman237 »

They actually could do 2 time loops one after Kurugaya Route and possibly if they do Rin1 And who said a time loop has to start from the beginning, he could wake up from his Narcoleptic attacks because he is technically waken up when Kyousuke arrives in the first scene

NOTE DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED HEAVY SPOILERS
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

stanman237 wrote:They actually could do 2 time loops one after Kurugaya Route and possibly if they do Rin1 And who said a time loop has to start from the beginning, he could wake up from his Narcoleptic attacks because he is technically waken up when Kyousuke arrives in the first scene

i even don't know what vn yer talking about ? is that nice ?
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

stanman237 wrote:They actually could do 2 time loops one after Kurugaya Route and possibly if they do Rin1 And who said a time loop has to start from the beginning, he could wake up from his Narcoleptic attacks because he is technically waken up when Kyousuke arrives in the first scene

It wouldn't be a timeloop without some time reversal. But yeah, they could just do away with the timeloop and do it the way you mentioned.
TheSongofRaven wrote:i even don't know what vn yer talking about ? is that nice ?
Little Busters! Really nice VN that has a theme of friendship. It's pretty long, but worth a read if you have time.
BobBobberson

Post by BobBobberson »

TheSongofRaven wrote:
Nuff said, my friend :D anyway, have anyone try kara no shoujo ? it take some time (but not really long) and have intense story and conflict.
Oh hell no, don't remind me of Kara no Shoujo. It was AMAZING, but you definitely needed a guide to get past the first part with the Black Madonna. Well, I needed one at any rate -.- but there's a SEQUEL!!!! AND IT'S PROBABLY GOING TO TAKE FOREVER FOR IT TO BE TRANSLATED AS USUAL D:

But srsly, did anyone drop in a word for Chaos;Head yet? Or Sengoku Rance? Come on people!
dmhly

Post by dmhly »

Been trying to install Hoshimemo's 1.1 update and just get Image

:| Was interested in it from what you guys have been saying in here but I dunno what I should do, the English 1.2 update requires this 1.1 update first.
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

dmhly wrote:Been trying to install Hoshimemo's 1.1 update and just get Image

:| Was interested in it from what you guys have been saying in here but I dunno what I should do, the English 1.2 update requires this 1.1 update first.
If I remember correctly that is a confirmation box saying that it's been installed. I recall experiencing that issue myself before realizing it wasn't an error.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

dmhly wrote:Been trying to install Hoshimemo's 1.1 update and just get Image

Hmm, i was patching from 1.0 version first then, directly use 1.2. check http://staircasesubs.com/hoshizora-no-memoria/ for guide. It's works for me.
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

BobBobberson wrote:
TheSongofRaven wrote:
Nuff said, my friend :D anyway, have anyone try kara no shoujo ? it take some time (but not really long) and have intense story and conflict.
Oh hell no, don't remind me of Kara no Shoujo. It was AMAZING, but you definitely needed a guide to get past the first part with the Black Madonna. Well, I needed one at any rate -.- but there's a SEQUEL!!!! AND IT'S PROBABLY GOING TO TAKE FOREVER FOR IT TO BE TRANSLATED AS USUAL D:

But srsly, did anyone drop in a word for Chaos;Head yet? Or Sengoku Rance? Come on people!
Nah, i will waiting for second too, but on black madonna, i use luck to pass that part (use gamer feeling :P)
Sengoku rance ? want play but my connection is always have problem to download that >.< maybe should ask friend
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

dmhly wrote:Been trying to install Hoshimemo's 1.1 update and just get

It looks like you're not in Japanese locale. That can cause weird issues. Besides, if you switch, then you can at least see the error message.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Ah, the frustration of foreign-language prompt boxes. Now that's nostalgia.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
dmhly

Post by dmhly »

acewing905 wrote:It looks like you're not in Japanese locale. That can cause weird issues. Besides, if you switch, then you can at least see the error message.
Yeah, turns out that was my problem... :lol: Gonna give this another go.

Edit: Everything's working fine. Sorry for my stupidity. :P
Last edited by dmhly on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BobBobberson

Post by BobBobberson »

TheSongofRaven wrote:
Nah, i will waiting for second too, but on black madonna, i use luck to pass that part (use gamer feeling :P)
Sengoku rance ? want play but my connection is always have problem to download that >.< maybe should ask friend
Do try to get your hands on it. It's a perfect mix of strategy and H-scenes!
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

BobBobberson wrote: But srsly, did anyone drop in a word for Chaos;Head yet? Or Sengoku Rance? Come on people!
What's Chaos;Head like? I heard that the first 3/4's of it is meant to be pretty good with a great horror atmosphere, but it ends up going to shit towards the end. I'm thinking of playing that one sometime soon.
BobBobberson

Post by BobBobberson »

Nobody in Particular wrote:
BobBobberson wrote: But srsly, did anyone drop in a word for Chaos;Head yet? Or Sengoku Rance? Come on people!
What's Chaos;Head like? I heard that the first 3/4's of it is meant to be pretty good with a great horror atmosphere, but it ends up going to shit towards the end. I'm thinking of playing that one sometime soon.
It's good, but it's pretty damn confusing. Nothing makes sense until the last part of the story. But I wasn't really sensing a horror atmosphere, it was more a 'dafuq is this shit' kinda thing. It's not as scary as Saya no Uta, that's fer sure. But still, I'd have to give a recommendation to it. If you do get it though, pay attention when you hear heartbeats. I noticed them a few times, but only after like the 5th or 6th one did I notice that you could affect what the protag sees and/or does by clicking either the green or red heartbeat thingy on the top screen.
Oh, and there are hot chicks dicking around with swords.

That reminds me, I should get around to finishing the other two routes as well.
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

BobBobberson wrote:Do try to get your hands on it. It's a perfect mix of strategy and H-scenes!
Seriously ? Now i gonna get that nyahahahha. Anyway, i also recommend some light vn like snow sakura and crescendo. And, can someone give news about majikoi translate ? i really want to play again :3