I want to do more!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Loonie

Re: I want to do more!

Post by Loonie »

ByFutureShaun wrote:Well, cheers for all the replies, guys.

I think I'll be spending quite some time on this forum.
Yeah, it does that to you. :P

Honestly...after years of not really caring much to become a regular of any forum anywhere...I just made a few posts here and the more I read through it during this week, the more I just thought to myself "Yaknow what...why not make an account here?"

Funny how that works. ;)
yummines

Post by yummines »

i guess you could do some fan art. there is a fan works section of the forum for a reason.

and man i dont know why but pictures of Gabe Newell replacing something will always be funny to me.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

yummines wrote:i guess you could do some fan art. there is a fan works section of the forum for a reason.

and man i dont know why but pictures of Gabe Newell replacing something will always be funny to me.
Half Life 3, replaced by Gabe Newell.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Definitely fan art. Doesn't matter how good you are. For me, it's the experience of making the art that makes it enjoyable, not so much the finished outcome.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

ShadeHaven wrote:Doesn't matter how good you are.
This is sadly a much too prevalent mindset. To be fair, if you want to do art just for the enjoyment of doing, it's a fine way to think. But, just some advice...If you're going to show it to people, don't suck at art. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

ShadeHaven wrote:Definitely fan art. Doesn't matter how good you are. For me, it's the experience of making the art that makes it enjoyable, not so much the finished outcome.
This, KS fan art is what helped me discover that I'm not half bad at drawing. Not the best, but pretty good for someone with no practice whatsoever.

Look for some fan art and try to copy it. See if you're any good. If not, maybe take some lessons.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Xanatos wrote:
This is sadly a much too prevalent mindset. To be fair, if you want to do art just for the enjoyment of doing, it's a fine way to think. But, just some advice...If you're going to show it to people, don't suck at art. :lol:
The thing is, there's no defined line between good and bad. I'm never satisifed with how my drawings turn out and I don't really like to look at my own art, but evidently a good number of other's do.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

ShadeHaven wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
The thing is, there's no defined line between good and bad. I'm never satisfied with how my drawings turn out and I don't really like to look at my own art, but evidently a good number of other's do.
Oh, there definitely is. A glimpse at some deviantart proves that. :lol: That said, an artist's opinion of their own work never counts anyway, just like a woman's opinion of her own looks. In general, they're too judgmental of themselves to give a trustworthy opinion.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Xanatos wrote:
ShadeHaven wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
The thing is, there's no defined line between good and bad. I'm never satisfied with how my drawings turn out and I don't really like to look at my own art, but evidently a good number of other's do.
Oh, there definitely is. A glimpse at some deviantart proves that. :lol: That said, an artist's opinion of their own work never counts anyway, just like a woman's opinion of her own looks. In general, they're too judgmental of themselves to give a trustworthy opinion.
After spending quite some time on deviantart, I'm still not sure. Say for instance there was an image that reeked of quality, but was very distasteful. I'd consider that bad. Now if there was a crudely drawn piece of art with a very good idea behind it, I might consider it good. I think we should agree to disagree on that front.

And as for women, they're generally too judgemental of a lot of things 8)
ByFutureShaun

Post by ByFutureShaun »

Well, I uploaded my first fan art!
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6879

This seems like a great community, so I hope you enjoy :D
Pseudogenesis wrote:For starters, make sure that you never, ever get rid of that Gabe Newell Misha avatar.
My deviantART profile
My YouTube channel
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

ByFutureShaun wrote:Well, I uploaded my first fan art!

Draw more. NOW.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Camoufrage wrote:

Draw more. NOW.
What he said. That's f'ing great!
ByFutureShaun

Post by ByFutureShaun »

ShadeHaven wrote:
Camoufrage wrote:

Draw more. NOW.
What he said. That's f'ing great!
Thank you, both of you :)
Pseudogenesis wrote:For starters, make sure that you never, ever get rid of that Gabe Newell Misha avatar.
My deviantART profile
My YouTube channel
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

ShadeHaven wrote:After spending quite some time on deviantart, I'm still not sure. Say for instance there was an image that reeked of quality, but was very distasteful. I'd consider that bad. Now if there was a crudely drawn piece of art with a very good idea behind it, I might consider it good. I think we should agree to disagree on that front.

And as for women, they're generally too judgemental of a lot of things 8)

Well, I was referring strictly to quality, not content. :P

@FutureShaun: Nice work. Bit excessive on the black for my tastes but nice work.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

yummines wrote:i guess you could do some fan art. there is a fan works section of the forum for a reason.

Look at some of the archived Gabe Newell threads on 4Chan. I've never laughed so long and so hard at something so stupid in my entire life.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"