Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Out-All Knight

Re: Ask!

Post by Out-All Knight »

A trivial question but I'll ask anyway....

How the heck did Misha get a total of a third drill hair during the Tanabata(if I'm correct) Festival?

How much hair products does she have? :shock:
LeHarlz

Post by LeHarlz »

In the crowd scenes at the school where there's a bunch of people talking in the background, who did those voices and what exactly are they saying? I'm hearing a lot of a single guy talking about "Less profanity and less fighting and stuff" but I'm curious about what everyone else is talking about and who they are.
Thanks for answering this question!
You'd think you'd play Katawa Shoujo for a good amount of Katawa Shoujo before Katawa Shoujo keeps you from playing Katawa Shoujo because you're doing Katawa Shoujo in a different sense of Katawa Shoujo, but no!
50% completion and I'm already the Director of the Katawa Seiyu Project: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6818
Something tells me I need to play more KS.
Chariots Chariots
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Did any of you ever consider using Marine Day as part of the stories? I found it falls (in 2007) on July 16th, and it's actually typically a day off for Japanese schools (since 1996). Is that, perhaps, where the mysterious 3-day weekend falls in the timeline?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Suedars wrote:
Aura wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:Any particular rationale to the way you named the characters? Lilly's name seems more romanized than the others, although I'm unsure if it's intentional.
Contrary to popular belief, Hisao's name kanji reading is not an intentional pun.
Could you clarify this for those of us not familiar with Japanese?
His first name is written 久夫, which some have interpreted roughly as "long lived man".
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

LeHarlz wrote:What are the favorite food and drink of the 5 girls? [Seemingly trivial question that means surprisingly a lot.]
It's so trivial that we never really decided stuff like that as it has no meaning.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Josh_Mac wrote:On the announcement for the soundtrack release, it says it's made by Nicol, Blue, and "Special Guests." Who are the guests and which tracks were they on?
Overcoat, who composed "Ah Eh I Oh You" and Juno who did and the trailer tracks, "Spin" and "Focus".
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Ascended Flutist wrote:Actually asking a question (well, several, but one, really) this time :

Regarding the bathrooms in the dorms : Are they situated

1) Between two adjacent rooms?

2) In a room accessible from the corridor?

3) Both of the above?

Or is this particular layout left hanging, and can be shaped to suit the whims of fanfictions writers?

Yeah I know, but all the good questions were already answered, so this is what I got.
I'm sure the layout varies between different parts of the dorms, but the corridor that Hisao's room is in has four rooms and one bathroom that is accessed from the corridor.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Out-All Knight wrote:A trivial question but I'll ask anyway....

How the heck did Misha get a total of a third drill hair during the Tanabata(if I'm correct) Festival?

How much hair products does she have? :shock:
She just did her hair differently.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Helbereth wrote:Did any of you ever consider using Marine Day as part of the stories? I found it falls (in 2007) on July 16th, and it's actually typically a day off for Japanese schools (since 1996). Is that, perhaps, where the mysterious 3-day weekend falls in the timeline?
As you guessed, Marine Day already appears in the story.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Hisao's kanji reads "long" and "husband" in Chinese. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
LeHarlz

Post by LeHarlz »

Aura wrote:
LeHarlz wrote:What are the favorite food and drink of the 5 girls? [Seemingly trivial question that means surprisingly a lot.]
It's so trivial that we never really decided stuff like that as it has no meaning.
I really should of asked a different question or redirected it to the more serious question I asked...
LeHarlz wrote:In the crowd scenes at the school where there's a bunch of people talking in the background, who did those voices and what exactly are they saying? I'm hearing a lot of a single guy talking about "Less profanity and less fighting and stuff" but I'm curious about what everyone else is talking about and who they are.
You'd think you'd play Katawa Shoujo for a good amount of Katawa Shoujo before Katawa Shoujo keeps you from playing Katawa Shoujo because you're doing Katawa Shoujo in a different sense of Katawa Shoujo, but no!
50% completion and I'm already the Director of the Katawa Seiyu Project: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6818
Something tells me I need to play more KS.
Chariots Chariots
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

LeHarlz wrote:
Aura wrote:
I really should of asked a different question or redirected it to the more serious question I asked...
LeHarlz wrote:In the crowd scenes at the school where there's a bunch of people talking in the background, who did those voices and what exactly are they saying? I'm hearing a lot of a single guy talking about "Less profanity and less fighting and stuff" but I'm curious about what everyone else is talking about and who they are.
If I'm not mistaken they are from a public domain sound library, so we don't know either.
Kyvos

Post by Kyvos »

This has probably been asked before, but I can't find it.
Is the story supposed to take place in 2007, 2012, some other time, or was it not important enough to actually decide which?
Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Rin
100% get!
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Kyvos wrote:This has probably been asked before, but I can't find it.
Is the story supposed to take place in 2007, 2012, some other time, or was it not important enough to actually decide which?
2007, but the fact plays zero role in the story so it could just as well be any other year in the ~2000's.
Sam

Post by Sam »

Aura wrote:
Kyvos wrote:This has probably been asked before, but I can't find it.
2007, but the fact plays zero role in the story so it could just as well be any other year in the ~2000's.
With Hisao's phone, it could only be 2007.