KSG Community Survey - its been a long time

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pseudogenesis

Re: KSG Community Survey - its been a long time

Post by Pseudogenesis »

hernytan wrote:
Xanatos wrote:...
For the "How big is your KS folder?"...I answered "56".
Wouldn't 42 be a better answer?
Are you frustrated when people call it a Beta? *
Yes
Yes
Awesome :lol:
Btw Can someone tell me what a pre-Alpha is?

[informal i-think-this-is-right-please-don't-yell-at-me explanation] An alpha is a "Let's see if this baby can support its own weight" test. Primarily to see if the coding is sound. A beta is a "This is looking pretty good but there are still some bugs, go fish them out" test. Pre-alpha is the period before the alpha.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Magnenntae

Post by Magnenntae »

One more thing, like some of the others, I'd very much like to see your test results. That is, if you don't post them publicly.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

[informal i-think-this-is-right-please-don't-yell-at-me explanation] An alpha is a "Let's see if this baby can support its own weight" test. Primarily to see if the coding is sound. A beta is a "This is looking pretty good but there are still some bugs, go fish them out" test. Pre-alpha is the period before the alpha.
Sounds about right.

And the Omega is the final version, the Gamma is the version where they're all green and wear purple pants, and the delta is the version we would have got if all the other devs had quit except for one.
Not Dead Yet
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Basically it's like this:

Pre-Alpha: Planning stages and pre-production. Thoughts, ideas, panning, viewpoints,etc. are written down and discussed. Despoilment starts a little bit after.

Alpha: Everything slowly begins. You test it out a bit but there are a lot of bugs and issues. Ideas are drop left and right and things are re-done and remade. Debugging begins here.

Beta: You

Delta: Post-production. Basically word of mouth is greater than average, the devs have an expected release date, a couple of minor changes here and there. You can also have a demo out.

Gamma: Hanako's anger and rage manifests into a hulking monster if you get her bad end. There's also Gray Hanako, Red Hanako, Joe Fixit Hanako, and Professor Hanako.

Omega: The final product that will be release to the market.
Yui

Post by Yui »

So this is basically a last call. Once some personal stuff settles down I'll make the cutoff and start fussing with data.

I'll post the results in this thread, or make a new one. I'm unfamiliar with the forums culture really so I don't know what's acceptable and what isn't as far as that goes.
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

Yui wrote:So this is basically a last call. Once some personal stuff settles down I'll make the cutoff and start fussing with data.

I'll post the results in this thread, or make a new one. I'm unfamiliar with the forums culture really so I don't know what's acceptable and what isn't as far as that goes.
I believe necroing is generally frowned upon, but often tolerated. That being said, the update would be relevant and justified content. Besides, that means less cleanup.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

ProfAllister wrote:
Yui wrote:So this is basically a last call. Once some personal stuff settles down I'll make the cutoff and start fussing with data.

I believe necroing is generally frowned upon, but often tolerated. That being said, the update would be relevant and justified content. Besides, that means less cleanup.

It's odd, the way necroing is looked at varies from forum to forum. The devs encourage posters to search for similar threads before starting a new one, so I'd assume they're pro-necro, or at least ambivalent.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Soyucky

Post by Soyucky »

the questions at the end are hilarious. :lol:
Hi there! Image
Kwyna

Post by Kwyna »

Results out yet?