Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

newnar

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by newnar »

Thespian wrote:Seriously people, I just spent more than an hour at work reading through 10+ pages of this thread, just to find a lot of nonsense.
Please listen to Beoran, which is, judging by his posts, never a bad idea, and try to show some consideration for people who don't have the time or desire to check up on this thread for more than once or twice a day.

Sorry if I sound cranky, I've been having bad days lately.
Not want talk about.

P.S. Did anyone else wonder if the tututroll was maybe actually Mr. C.I.J.?
Save the once-beautiful clubhouse, sir, I plead to thou.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Sigh. So! I'm sort of irritated.

Backstory: My brother. You guys know the one. Guy who liked to set my sleeves aflame when I slept, had a thing for strangulation, and is generally responsible for a large portion of my deep-rooted traumas and damages (and in complete denial about it, when he's not just purely oblivious). Yeah. Well!

Some time back, we took on a house guest. She was only meant to stay a while but economic issues on both sides kept her around. Over the past many months, she's had a delightful little battle with cancer (which her mother died of, so it was particularly troubling for her) ending in a colostomy. The cancer's gone as a result of that unpleasant little procedure so she's alive well enough, but quite terribly weakened and unfit for any sort of prolonged work. Currently, she's healing up and being cared for in some medical home of sorts (not a hospital, per se, though the function is basically the same), though the actual care only began after father threatened to sue every single negligent prick in the place for not doing their jobs and leaving her wound to fester. But, I digress. She's filed for some such manner of compensation given her disabled state and, annoyingly, the approval is taking too long. The temporary compensation pay (six months) has run out already so, pending approval of continued payment, we're in a bothersome situation.

Cue my dear sibling. HE has been an irresponsible little twat and narrowly avoided becoming homeless. Given our current dilemma, it has been deemed the logical choice that he move back in here to add his income to the household. He's also being given the few months with us to get back on his feet because father's paternal connections to him have apparently not been completely severed (to my extreme disdain) despite his numerous screw-ups and repeated chances. I couldn't care less if the guy was homeless myself. Nonetheless, it seems he'll be wedging himself back into my life, as much as I dislike the idea. His very presence is like a smog cloud. He plagues the atmosphere every time he stays here for any extended period, and it always puts me in a foul mood. And also, the second-to-last time he stayed here for more than a couple of hours, I got attacked with the metal end of a belt and ended up yelling so much my throat bled a bit. The last time he stayed, he got into one of his entitled little tantrums and busted my head open. Dug a little crescent trench right out of the scalp. Blood all over my bedsheets and a killer headache to boot. Cops said he couldn't be arrested on assault charges just because I retaliated with a baseball bat...Didn't even land a hit either. Pigs. That was the day I formally disowned him as family and disavowed any and all obligations to him. To have him returning is...Frustrating, to put it as lightly as possible.

To say the very least, I am displeased by this turn of events. I have already rehearsed in my head exactly what boundaries will be set in place for the bastard but knowing him, his adherence to them will be finicky at best. It is good that the fridge stays stocked with vodka as of late.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
theartificial

Post by theartificial »

@Xanatos: That's rough, I know what it's like to have an annoying brother being one of four but physically violent is something they've never done. Doesn't your parents know of your brother's violence, and if so have they done anything to prevent it happening again?
Also does he not know of the predicaments your family is in with what you've mentioned, because if he does then he should have the decency to not cause more trouble.
Shizune, Lilly, Hanako, Emi, Rin, Suzu, Rika, Saki, Aiko.
---------------Member of Katawa Seiyu (KSF)---------------
--------------Member of Katawa Seiyu (HBHC)--------------
I take requests for Userbars like mine, PM me if your interested.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

theartificial wrote:@Xanatos: That's rough, I know what it's like to have an annoying brother being one of four but physically violent is something they've never done. Doesn't your parents know of your brother's violence, and if so have they done anything to prevent it happening again?
Also does he not know of the predicaments your family is in with what you've mentioned, because if he does then he should have the decency to not cause more trouble.
The most he's ever gotten over the years is yelled at for it, regardless of the degree of violence. For more recent incidents (I.E. while he's been an adult) , he was kicked out, then kicked out of the place (mother's house) he went to stay (due to destruction of property, brought on by his entitled bullshit as usual) and back here, forcibly made to leave (for a few days) once by the cops, then finally kicked out again into his own place which he was very nearly booted out of by his landlords, and now here he is. If not for our predicament, I don't think he'd be let back in so easily but, alas...

I'm not sure if he knows the specifics but regardless, he is not exactly a decent person. He'll likely fly off the damn handle into some selfish entitled bullshit eventually, as he always does.

If he were just annoying, it would be a minor bother.

But he's beyond annoying. He's a bane upon my damned existence and I can trace a great deal of my troubles directly to him and his mindless, selfish, abusive ways. He writes it off as "That's how brothers are" but I know how brothers are. The shit he did and does to me and others goes beyond petty sibling bullying or mere familial squabbles to pure fucking malevolence but he never realizes it because he's too damned stupid to see the damage he causes to people (mostly his family) with all his self-centered violent crap.

I used to use the word "hate" very loosely, in passing arguments and such...But over the years, it became apparent that hate was a very powerful and deep-seated thing, not some fleeting grudge. A thing that, in my life, he alone has managed to consistently evoke...Even on the many occasions I've given the benefit of the doubt (against ALL my judgement), he's only ever exposed his selfishness and incompetence all the more. While he is here on visits or otherwise, I always stay on reasonably friendly terms with him for civility's sake, but there is always hate beneath it. If he does take things downhill, I will see to it he is thrown right back out into the street. As a child, I had no choice but now, I do not have to tolerate the troubles he brings...And I will not, if it comes to that.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
theartificial

Post by theartificial »

@Xanatos: That is probably your best option regarding the whole situation, being calm and faux-friendly would be best so that the situation you're in can be sorted out without any hinderences from your brother. If he does worsen stuff for you, then you are correct to take action so that he put out of the equation so your family and yourself can get on with working the actual problem out.
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

Xanatos: That sounds rough. I can't really relate to your problem, becouse even if I sometimes fight with my brother we get along fine (most of the time). I don't really have any advice for you but you have my sympathy.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

theartificial wrote:@Xanatos: That is probably your best option regarding the whole situation, being calm and faux-friendly would be best so that the situation you're in can be sorted out without any hinderences from your brother. If he does worsen stuff for you, then you are correct to take action so that he put out of the equation so your family and yourself can get on with working the actual problem out.
Even with my being friendly, I can't account for things he may do regardless...But the mystery is a part of the fun, or at least it's supposed to be. An annoying brother is a nuisance. A hated bane of my existence is really bad, basically akin to inviting all that lovely inner damage to hang around just when I've resolved to better my situation. A hated bane of my existence who has proven himself repeatedly prone to violent outbursts that cause me direct physical harm and generally damage everyone around him...Well, inviting something like that back inside is not at all logical. But...What must be done will be done, I suppose.

At any rate, I've settled on my plan. I'll set his boundaries in no uncertain terms. If he decides to pull his usual nonsense and tear this place apart again, I'll see him thrown into traffic...Well, ideally speaking. He'll be put outside, at least. Not being the head of household, I can't control who stays here but I can manipulate the one who does control that. Time will tell...

Sidenote: He's also taken to poking my sides on account of my being overweight. It tickles, so I laugh, but it only serves to remind me how bad it's gotten...I turn to gluttony in times of depression, you see. And occasionally for self-destructive binges, when the depression gets really bad. But I'm working on it, when the weather allows...Still after a treadmill.
Last edited by Xanatos on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exbando

Post by Exbando »

Just letting you guys know, I'm still around. I fell behind in this thread*, and I'm trying to catch back up (page 102 now). I would read more, but seeing as the sun is out and I haven't slept yet...yeah...

*I started watching Naruto. (Don't judge me!)
Hanako > Lilly = Emi > Shizune > Rin
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here
I have a fanfiction! It's pretty bad. I started another fanfic cause I'm stupid!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Exbando wrote:Just letting you guys know, I'm still around. I fell behind in this thread*, and I'm trying to catch back up (page 102 now). I would read more, but seeing as the sun is out and I haven't slept yet...yeah...

*I started watching Naruto. (Don't judge me!)
Who are you again? xD

Naruto? Yuck. I am totally judging you. Harshly! =P
ShinigamiKenji

Post by ShinigamiKenji »

@Gandara & @Beoran: But then it should be better if this channel/fan forum was stickied, which is also unlikely. I didn't want it to be a closed or hidden club for us only, and people come here because it's the first forum they find when they want to discuss KS. But occasionally (well, for what it seems, a good chunk of time, but anyway) we want to discuss something else too, so that should be the puropse of "The Shangai". I hope my point has gotten through, but I'm not expecting much too. And again, just a thread for this may become messed up, with 4-5 different discussions and flame wars all at once.

@Xanatos: F***, just do a favor to mankind and kill him then. :mrgreen: Anyway, dunno how your family is, but if they just yelled at you when you had your head burst open, then I could say it's only fair if you answered in the same way. But fighting fire with fire can be potentially dangerous, if it escalates and breaks the rest of your family apart. I'd at least warn the parents about anything that may occur if he gets too aggressive. I don't have any advice if it comes to psychological aggression, but for what I've read, he doesn't seem to be that smart. And if he just breaks everything in his way, I don't know how his income helps...

And about Myshina, her last post was yesterday. Just fair if she could sleep, with all this creeping incident... And on a side note, it seems we can roughly fill 6 pages of discussion in one day only in this thread, and this because our off-topic wandering seems to have diminished. :shock: Yeah, I have to agree we were overdoing it...
Xanatos wrote:Shinigami...Kenji. Oh, you poor guy. You have my sympathies. :lol: But at least with you around, our supple Japanese women won't be raped by lesbians. :mrgreen: ...Actually, that'd be pretty hot

:lol:
Avatar made by OtakuNinja. Yeah, it would be pretty badass if it happened, don't you think?
Kutagh

Post by Kutagh »

To be frank, I agree with Beoran: Too much off-topic chatter. And yes, we would benefit from a forum dedicated to HBHC & Off-topic I think. So I've registered a domain (no worries, it was free): www.hbhc.co.cc (yes, I was lucky to find it available, it's almost a premium domain due to the length) and installed phpBB3 on it (as for mods/admins: Don't call us, we'll call you). Anyway, if you guys want to switch to a dedicated forum for HBHC & Off-topic, I'm happy to cater for that within reason. Guest posters can post (though there is ReCaptcha for guest posters) like they can here.
@ShinigamiKenji: It is indeed better if there was the Shanghai but it is unfortunately unlikely. Having a dedicated forum for HBHC might make it easier for people to post though, as they don't have to worry about their post being lost in a big topic (as we could split it up into separate topics per user) and lead to less confusion. There are pro's and con's related to a dedicated forum.
The mods might welcome it though, as they wouldn't have to moderate this topic anymore, and sticky it :P

As for finding love: Myself I'm of the opinion that you need to know each other well to have a reasonable chance at a serious long-term relationship. And I don't really believe in love on first sight, as I classify that more as hormones rather than serious love (though hormones are part of love, they aren't worthy to be called love on themselves).
TutuPocket

Post by TutuPocket »

myshina dead

xanatos your a fag who is gaay

helbeereth u ugly

all you are ugly

im prettty
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Kutagh wrote:To be frank, I agree with Beoran: Too much off-topic chatter. And yes, we would benefit from a forum dedicated to HBHC & Off-topic I think. So I've registered a domain (no worries, it was free): http://www.hbhc.co.cc (yes, I was lucky to find it available, it's almost a premium domain due to the length) and installed phpBB3 on it (as for mods/admins: Don't call us, we'll call you). Anyway, if you guys want to switch to a dedicated forum for HBHC & Off-topic, I'm happy to cater for that within reason. Guest posters can post (though there is ReCaptcha for guest posters) like they can here.
@ShinigamiKenji: It is indeed better if there was the Shanghai but it is unfortunately unlikely. Having a dedicated forum for HBHC might make it easier for people to post though, as they don't have to worry about their post being lost in a big topic (as we could split it up into separate topics per user) and lead to less confusion. There are pro's and con's related to a dedicated forum.
The mods might welcome it though, as they wouldn't have to moderate this topic anymore, and sticky it :P

As for finding love: Myself I'm of the opinion that you need to know each other well to have a reasonable chance at a serious long-term relationship. And I don't really believe in love on first sight, as I classify that more as hormones rather than serious love (though hormones are part of love, they aren't worthy to be called love on themselves).
Man, i admire your initiative, but is it not too much? Its a site about a forum thread...

I don't post her on this thread often, but i see the off topic comments comments as something useful, even symbolic, it shows that no matter how sad you are, life goes on, people will joke and mess around regardless of your mental state. Without the off topics comments this would be a whinefest, with the off topcis comments its more like "A place where dudes talk about feels and do some jokes"

Maybe I'm missing the point of the thread, but thats is just my two bits.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
TutuPocket

Post by TutuPocket »

theartificial you have big apple head u ugly

myshina dead bloood eeverywhere

im pretty

xanatos a nd helbereth fag has sex

camoufrage ugly
theartificial

Post by theartificial »

TutuPocket wrote:theartificial you have big apple head u ugly

myshina dead bloood eeverywhere

im pretty

xanatos a nd helbereth fag has sex

camoufrage ugly
I burst out laughing at mine, thankyou! If laughter was your desired effect then you have succeeded.