Oops

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Dusty

Oops

Post by Dusty »

Bad idea is bad writing.
And I don't want to finish my Forensics homework at all.

===
Tick-Tock
Tick-Tock

The Head Nurse murmurs as he taps his pen with the ticking of the clock. His gaze is unfocused and he can feel himself being pulled closer to the desk.
“Haaaah, I should take a break soon…” he yawns out as he squints at the figures on the paper. He needs to make sure that the budget is in for the next quarter; all necessary medication, equipment, and other miscellaneous fees need to be taken care of.

Tick-Tock
Tick-T-KNOCK-KNOCK

The offbeat knocking on the door almost startles the Nurse. Almost. He sits up brightly, turning his attention to the student at the door.

“Hello Nakai, what can I do for you?”

The young man steps in and closes the door. In his hands, he holds an empty pill bottle.

“I just came to get a refill.” Hisao hands over the small white capped container to the Nurse who nods and goes to the counter and grabs a filled container. He deftly tosses the medication to Hisao who catches it.

“Good job!” The Nurse laughs.

Nakai smiles back, “Thanks for the refill.” and quickly leaves the room. As soon as he's gone the Nurse wearily slumps in his chair and sighs. “I need to start taking care of my own health…”

---------
Not much later another student taps on the door.

“Nurse?”
“Yes?”
“I’m here for my medication.”
“Ah yes…”

The Nurse turns to the counter and reaches for the lone container. And then he notices who it’s prescribed to.

Nakai, Hisao.

Oh no.

“Excuse me!” He rushes over to the telephone and calls the nearest monitor.

“Yes, can you please check room 119?”

The monitor is knocking on the door. There’s no response. With every knock over the phone, the Nurse becomes more and more worried.

“Do you want me to open the room?”

“…Yes, please.”

A short silence. A gasp, and a quick set of footsteps.

“Sir, I can’t get a pulse…or heartbeat…Sir…?”

The monitors voice is lost as the Nurse drops the phone to the floor. Disgusted, and in despair he falls to his knees.

Oh fuck.

End.
Dusty

This is mine

Post by Dusty »

I decided to register after I posted this.
My laptop feels hot.
Forever

Re: Oops

Post by Forever »

Interesting. I can almost imagine this actually happening.
The Hardest Thing To Deal With In Life Is To See Your Love, Love Someone Else.